NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seeing as we've seen all three of them take a step back in an offense, that makes a lot of sense! Josh only averages 12+ shots a game for his career, he had to kinda take over with Johnson gone and Horford being the only other option offensively. Three all stars on a team has a pretty good track record, and some were much more alpha dog personalities at the time of their joining forces
Harden was whining over shots and not having a larger role in OKC, part of the reason he was traded. D12 commonly whined about the offense not running through him in LA. And Josh is best known for shooting his team out of a game. So yes, it does make a lot of sense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yup, everything the Clips have done so far this offseason has been so "un-Clipper" like that its almost hard to believe. They'll be a really fun team to watch next season. Wish I would've bandwagoned them earlier ha. Dallas looks royally fucked for the forseeable future, but losing Mayo today was only a good thing imo. He has his moments, but he's so freakin inconsistent.
Yeah Mayo was apparently at the top of Flip's wish list but I think the 10 mil a year he's looking for scared us away. THANK GOD. I want nothing to do with that guy. Kevin Martin does the same things only better.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Mayo was apparently at the top of Flip's wish list but I think the 10 mil a year he's looking for scared us away. THANK GOD. I want nothing to do with that guy. Kevin Martin does the same things only better.
Except play defense... at all.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Except play defense... at all.
Yeah. Ambiturner beat me to it but they are both equally bad at defense.

Don't get me wrong. My ideal offseason for the Wolves would have been to stay at 9, draft CJ, resign Chase as well as Kirelenko. But with Flip having no intention of bringing back AK, Martin is a much better get than Mayo and probably cheaper than Mayo and his agent are demanding.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
BREAKING NEWS: Dwight Howard signs with the Flint Tropics.

rrr_img_34430.jpg

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like Iggy is back in Philly, the team of infinite wing players. Though he's definitely an addition that they need, he'll be one of two players on the team who play defense

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure GS is angling at getting Dwight for Bogut/Barnes, with IGGY taking Barnes spot. If that goes down GS is pretty fucking stacked.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Warriors deal away 20 mill in contracts by giving Utah two future firsts, take nothing back. Use that space to sign Iguodala. They're trying to make themselves more attractive to Howard and legit S&T options are still available...

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure GS is angling at getting Dwight for Bogut/Barnes, with IGGY taking Barnes spot. If that goes down GS is pretty fucking stacked.
Yeah. I would have preferred to give up Klay over Barnes in a S&T for Howard before the Iguodala deal. But with that deal, they have to keep the 2nd shooter and there's no way the Lakers refuse Bogut + Barnes if it comes down to it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine 1m

Dallas Mavericks have been officially notified they are out of Dwight Howard Sweepstakes, sources tell ESPN

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also, Dwight sucks. His defense consists of blocking guys into the 5th row, his offense is turning the ball over 4 times a game and bricking half of his free throws. He's a clown and I don't even want him, I'd just rather him not end up on some super team in Golden State.

Shocked Utah would take poo poo late draft picks for like $8M each. That's crazy. Making a super team in your conference? Why?

Jerry West is the man.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just finished the Dr. J documentary. Best NBA doc I've ever seen. This dude had people hanging off bridges trying to get a look at him. All this with no T.V coverage. Jordan before Jordan sums it up.

NBA fans really need to have a look.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Also, Dwight sucks. His defense consists of blocking guys into the 5th row, his offense is turning the ball over 4 times a game and bricking half of his free throws. He's a clown and I don't even want him, I'd just rather him not end up on some super team in Golden State.

Shocked Utah would take poo poo late draft picks for like $8M each. That's crazy. Making a super team in your conference? Why?

Jerry West is the man.
Come on man, don't be silly. EVERY team would take him in a heartbeat if they had the room.