NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
No one will ever be MJ. Hard to blame this loss on LeBron though. Heat played shitty the entire game. This should've been a double digit loss.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Whats funny/fucked up, is LBJ was fucking amazing tonight.... until there was 40 seconds left of the clock. Strange game, great series. Rusty Westbrook is fuming right now watching this.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Great game by Hibbert and George... so much promise in those guys. Great job by Vogel too; owning up to his mistakes and getting the team ready. Definitely can't fault Lebron even though he has some questionable decisions late. It seems like Wade and Bosh (not to mention the rest of the team) are invisible for long stretches of the games so far so Lebron is left with an unfair share of the burden. A lot of it is a testament to Hibbert's lane presence and Indiana's defensive philosophy.

Indiana should try as much as possible to keep the underdog mentality at home. If they can minimize the careless, lazy turnovers and keep their offense down low they have a pretty decent shot at this. They actually got away with a lot of poor offensive possessions towards the end of game 2.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Never realized how often Wade flops until today because I rarely watch Heat games, pretty bad acting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Never realized how often Wade flops until today because I rarely watch Heat games, pretty bad acting.
Or his ridiculous elbow a guy in the face at halfcourt for no reason crap he pulls. How was that a no call? If a pacer did that to Lebron it would be a flagrant 2. Oh well, Pacers beat Heat even with the refs on their side

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So game 2, LeBron drives to tie it up at the end and Hibbert is there forcing him to stop in a terrible position that leads to a turnover. I am surprised just how dominate the Pacers big men have been on offense. I knew they would be great on defense but I didn't think they would be able to carry their offense enough to keep up with the Heat. Also surprised just how bad all the Heat role players are at shooting. I know a lot of it is the Pacers best D in the league doing work but they seem scared to take threes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Pacers shooting % is silly right now. The Heat are a pretty good defensive team in their own right and they aren't used to people putting up that sort of percentage against them. Pacers know Miami is the better team and in order to beat them have to play a nearly flawless game and in the first two games they just about done that. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Or his ridiculous elbow a guy in the face at halfcourt for no reason crap he pulls. How was that a no call? If a pacer did that to Lebron it would be a flagrant 2. Oh well, Pacers beat Heat even with the refs on their side
Some of it was absurd like after a play where Lebron was jawing off to somebody and when they jaw back they get T'd while bron walks away with a smile.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
As long as the Spurs don't win the Championship than everything in the world is right.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man, Memphis looks happy just to "be there" - Spurs are laser focused. Problem with Memphis is if even one of their guys is scoring below their average, they're toast. Shame, I really like that team/City/coach. Indiana/SA would be pretty lulz.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Man, Memphis looks happy just to "be there" - Spurs are laser focused. Problem with Memphis is if even one of their guys is scoring below their average, they're toast. Shame, I really like that team/City/coach. Indiana/SA would be pretty lulz.
idk, after having to pull 5 starters id say they are far from laser focused, but that second half was amazing.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Games like tonight is why I didn't overreact to game 2.

The Pacers have to play their best basketball and even then it comes down to the last few seconds. I don't believe they can do that four times in seven games, especially after losing game 1.

When the Heat play their best they win by 20 on the road in a game that was never in question.

Also lol @ the media sucking on Paul George's balls the last two days calling him the next superstar and trying to elevate him into some rivalry with LeBron. Dude played completely shitty tonight in a must win game at home lol. 3-10 for 13 points, but more importantly he was a complete non-factor, especially in the first half.

The Pacers got gifted two out of character shitty games to open the series and barely came away with the split. If the Heat team from tonight shows up - and this past season dictates that they should - the Heat will be appearing in their third straight finals.