NBA 2013?14 Season

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I think you have to throw LAC and POR in that group as well. I'd put them both behind the four listed already but still in that tier of potential contenders.

Edit: Contenders might be too strong of a word. Not sure because I still really like LAC and am not sure POR is for real but at some point you have to just accept how much they're winning.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Both good teams, Portland is especially interesting - but not sure they have the experience to win anything this season.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is pretty knee jerk man. He's in a slump right now, but his stats as a whole have been a pretty steady improvement over last year. The team is also better offensively and defensively when he plays. That has been the case for his whole career. He's also tied for 4th in the league in APG and the only dude in that group with a superior A:TO ratio is Chris Paul. Ricky has been in a slump. The whole team has. But there isn't really anything he has shown so far to jump all the way to "bust". I'd say at worst he's a starter and not an all star in this league. But I'm not even ready to go there yet.
How is Rubio in a slump? He's shot poorly his entire career. He also was a poor shooter in Spain. He's always been a poor shooter -- there was a Grantland article that showed for the amount of minutes he's played thus far in his career he has the worst FG% in NBA history. What's sad to me is that he's not even that great at driving. It'd be one thing if his jumper sucked but the fact he finishes poorly (or simply doesn't try) so often is more troubling. It's harder to use his brilliant court vision when everyone sags off him and into passing lanes.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy shit this Clippers/Warriors game. They just ejected Blake Griffin after the Warriors players got charged a flagrant 2 against him then a flagrant 1.

They shouldn't have even called ONE tech against Griffin. What a fucking sham.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
How is Rubio in a slump? He's shot poorly his entire career. He also was a poor shooter in Spain. He's always been a poor shooter -- there was a Grantland article that showed for the amount of minutes he's played thus far in his career he has the worst FG% in NBA history. What's sad to me is that he's not even that great at driving. It'd be one thing if his jumper sucked but the fact he finishes poorly (or simply doesn't try) so often is more troubling. It's harder to use his brilliant court vision when everyone sags off him and into passing lanes.
He doesn't have trouble beating people off the dribble, but you're right. He's incredibly poor at finishing around the basket and that's a rough sign.

Just look at the game logs in regards to my slump comments. I'm not talking about a shooting slump (sorry I can see how it could have been taken that way). He's just playing really passive this past month. Not getting to the line. Assist numbers down. This was simply in regard to Araxen calling him a bust, which is certainly not true whatsoever.

Either way, my original point still stands. He can continue to be an awful shooter and he will remain a good player in the league. He has proven that his entire career.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Supposedly Westbrooks isn't bad, it is expected coming off of that kind of surgery but I'm not a doctor .

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
3 surgeries in a year is alarming though, regardless of magnitude. Shitty timing, OKC was looking really really good the last few weeks (Toronto aside).

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Man that Heat/Blazers game last night was awesome. I couldn't believe Bosh's game winner. 37/10 from him more please!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Raptors are about to beat the Pacers.
This isn't the way to get Wiggins...

Derozan is a different player this year...much more willing to give up the ball than in previous years. Do I start rooting for them to be the #3 seed now? I think I've only seen them get out of the 1st round once, so...that would be cool, right? I was all-in on the tanking thing this year, though...I guess my comment about being sad after the Rudy Gay trade because he was doing a good job of losing a lot of close games for us was a little too close to the truth.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I really loved DeMar coming out of college but it was such a shame to see him turn into such a one dimensional scorer given his athletic gifts. It is really cool to see him improving across the board. He's getting to the line more and his assist and rebound percentages are both approaching respectable levels.

Best thing he could do for his efficiency is to stop shooting 3s completely.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's good to see how awesome the Warriors are when the starters are healthy. The last Western Conference team to beat the Heat in their house was...the Warriors last year.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's good to see how awesome the Warriors are when the starters are healthy. The last Western Conference team to beat the Heat in their house was...the Warriors last year.
Curry is amazing we all know that, but I have to eat crow with Klay. I didn't like him coming out of the draft. You have to be a realeliteshooter to be something that only scores and does little else but man 7+ attempts beyond the arc and draining those at a 40% clip. That's damn sure elite.

Barnes is the counter to that, who scores, does little else but not at an efficient enough rate (although at 39% he should be taking more than 2 threes a game). I loved him as a high school prospect but not so much after his time at UNC so no crow eating there.

Still, Jonny Flynn is the most depressing thing about watching the Warriors. The Wolves could legitimately have a team of Rubio/Curry/George/Love/Pek had they not been absolutely fucking moronic on the Kahn draft nights. I mean sure you maybe can't afford to extend all those guys but you figure that out later. Ugh.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Barnes needs to be more aggressive. He can drive to the post with the best of them, but I feel like he settles for jumpers too often. He can do that pretty well also, but he doesn't take advantage of his athleticism, size and speed enough. If everyone stays healthy, he's a great sixth man. I'd take him over Jarret Jack.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I agree with all of that, but a lot of players have the tools to be something more and never realize it. Harrison is only 21, so he's certainly got time to improve, but there's really nothing about his college or pro play to lead you to believe he actually will.