NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

thefaceless

Golden Squire
Yeah, will be interesting to see how long until Curry says he wasn't 100%. Maybe he was hurt, who knows, but he had a ton of just bonehead turnovers that should never have happened. That behind the back pass late in a tight game. What the fuck?! I'm glad Curry/Green lost even though I'm not a Lebron fan. Curry needs to grow up, so does nutkicking Green, but they're still so damn good it's fun to watch. Great game 7.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Curry already said he isn't 100% when he said he isn't going to play in the Olympics.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No excuses for Golden State, they lost fair and square.

I thought Kyrie was never going to stop rising on the game clinching triple over Curry. He literally rose above Curry AFTER Curry had hit the zenith of his jump, releasing at the perfect moment. The slow mo replay makes it look like he is coming off a trampoline. I think the Cavs just wanted it more.

edit: The most astonishing stat line of the night:

Every single Golden State starter had a negative plus minus. Every single Cavs starter had a positive plus minus. (Kevin Love lead all with +19 lol wtf)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The thing I would love to see from Steph in a situation like this where the other team is being extremely physical and the refs are allowing it is to focus a bit more on distributing. I wouldn't call curry a floor general but he's certainly ok at that part of the game and the warriors have enough weapons around him that he doesn't have to carry the load every night. I think he wants to though and the end result is him throwing up some rough shots. I do understand that if anyone in the league can get hot ands make those shots it's him though.

Cavs were really smart this series though. Dubs tried the same thing they had success with last year moving Steph off the ball but the cavs really rotated well this year. Didn't help that Barnes couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I could care less that Cleveland won but I'm pretty happy Lebron won. Dude got the world thrown on his back by everyone and then called him a piece of shit for not carrying it perfect at all times. Kyrie is the fucking man right now with his performances. It reminds me when Larry Fitzgerald had that breakout performance in the playoffs 10 years back.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
So I'm old enough to remember crying as a kid during the Drive and the Fumble and going to old Municipal once a year with my dad for a game. I remember being Bernie Kosar for Halloween like every year as a kid. The movie Major League was like our fairy tale growing up. I remember how good the Mark Price led Cavs teams were only to be beat by MJ and remember watching horrible Cavs teams led by the likes of Ricky Davis. I saw first hand Art Model single handily disheartening a loyal fan base losing diehard season ticket holders like my parents in 95. I remember how the Tribe suddenly forgot how to hit in the 95 World Series and let's hope Tony Fernandez and Jose Mesa can't rip our hearts out like in the 97 Series.

That said being a homegrown Cleveland Sports is who I am. I can't believe what I watched tonight. Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
lebron-james-block.jpg

Crown the King.

Cybsled

That said being a homegrown Cleveland Sports is who I am. I can't believe what I watched tonight. Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
You must be a hardcore homefan if you think the Browns will ever have any hope of winning a Superbowl lol

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazing game, that block from Lebron was something else. While it was tied at 89 (I think), there was one sequence where Curry had a wide open look at a 3, something he probably makes in his sleep and he missed it. My thought was if GS got ahead from that point, they were probably going to win. Lets call it like it is, Curry disappeared in that 4th quarter when they needed him the most.

Gratz Cavs fans.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Lets call it like it is, Curry disappeared in that 4th quarter when they needed him the most.

Gratz Cavs fans.
Give the credit to the Cavs defensive game plan. Neither Curry or Klay were given a single good look the entire series. Those two were asked to make shots out of their ass, which they did in a couple games, or defer. The Cavs tried this same thing last year, where other guys for GS stepping up combined with Cleveland's lack of depth lead to the Dubs championship.

This year they swarmed those two shooters and asked the rest of the team to beat them. Barnes played like absolute dog shit, Draymond was essentially a non factor for all but two quarters and Iggy was injured for games 5 and 6 and it showed. Throw in Kyrie's contribution and some more depth on the Cavs side and this is the result.

That's notreallyCurry's fault. Basketball is a team game.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I personally want to blame Barnes for being a pile of shit the entire series. Every time I saw him with the ball I knew a beautiful brick was on the way.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Draymond was essentially a non factor for all but two quarters
What? After the first two games everyone was saying he was going to be the obvious Finals MVP? He was great in Games 1, 2, and 7.

Kerr fucked up by putting Ezeli. Everything went to shit when he was inserted in the fourth. When he fouled LeBron on that three - a shot he didn't make all night - spelled doom for the Dubs. He made all three FTs and then made a three on the following possession. Ezeli was trash all series. Not sure why he went with him there. Better off with Speights.

Dubs could use a reliable 5.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
No excuses for Golden State, they lost fair and square.

I thought Kyrie was never going to stop rising on the game clinching triple over Curry. He literally rose above Curry AFTER Curry had hit the zenith of his jump, releasing at the perfect moment. The slow mo replay makes it look like he is coming off a trampoline. I think the Cavs just wanted it more.

edit: The most astonishing stat line of the night:

Every single Golden State starter had a negative plus minus. Every single Cavs starter had a positive plus minus. (Kevin Love lead all with +19 lol wtf)
If Draymond Green had a negative +/- then the stat is garbage.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Can't make excuses for GS. Last year Cavs were at 50% strength in the finals. Hell, Warriors didn't even play a full strength team last year. Warriors had the series and two more games at home... Cavs earned it. It could have went either way in the last game and I just didn't believe that would happen after Game 4.