NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Is this a coaching thing with the Raps? I mean I know it's LeBron but they seem to always fall apart come playoff time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
It has to be coaching. The Cavs have so many new players, it can't just be that they have their number. Lebron might, but this is bigger than him. Much as I have little faith in him, I think Tyronn has to be given credit here.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
If Love can play like this consistently? Maybe 8 straight Finals.

• 1Like
Agreed Gaige. But that is a big if. As a Clevelander, I can tell you, we do not have confidence in Love.

But if he actually keeps rockin?

I know for a fact C-Land will be chanting "MVP" at games. Because it would be a legacy-level performance.
29lvwr.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even before this series, I've never had less faith in a #1 seed than the Raptors.

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Things could not look better for Lebron. He should either get a bunch of rest before going up against the 76ers or will face a Celtics team that might have the least talent in the NBA.

Brad Stevens is a genius.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People who are giving credit to anyone besides LeBron for the Cavs winning the last 2 games is just not in the realm of understanding basketball.

The Raptors did miss a TON of open shots in game 1, and the Cavs were very fortunate to win, but LeBron knew he couldn't win by himself it just cant work.

So what did he do? Feed Kevin Love the ball. There were about 4 late 4th quarter possessions in crunch time where LeBron simply brought the ball up the court, lingered at the top of the key, and then literally just lob passed the rock to Love in the shallow post/elbow area.

They kept just putting a wing on him, and he simply backed the smaller defender down and either got a post bucket, or dishes it out for a corner triple to JR Smith.

Why would LeBron not just be LeBron in crunch time and take over the game? Because he knew what he was doing, not only exploiting a mismatch, but feeding Loves confidence and stat line. After the game the media gives him credit, he feels good and LeBron is now referring to him as "All-Star" not Kev.

He knows he needs Love to show up and be at least a lock for a double double and keep his confidence up if the Cavs are going to have a chance.

LeBron actually conserved energy in game 1, he didn't take too much of a pounding and purposefully played facilitator, not only to get Love, Smith, Thompson, and Korver involved, but to regenerate. He used this suction cup recovery shit after game 1 then comes out and does a re-enactment of Micheal Jordan with some of the sickest mid range fade always I've ever seen.

He hit A LOT of them. He couldn't have missed more than 1 of those shots after half time. The Ratpors are getting swept.

Drake gonna make a song about LeBron and start sucking his dick, watch. His face after the game looked like his dog died, and saw a ghost at the same time. It was like a disappointed awe.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lebron just doing Lebron stuff...Suicide watch in Toronto

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
RAPTERS sphincter got tight.... they just don't know how to handle the pressure.

celtics conversely are playing decently loose because...noone gives them a chance because their 2 "star" players they got for this year..are both out. so cavs vs celtics in round 3 it is looking like.. i honestly give the celtics about a 50% chance of beating the cavs .

• 1Worf

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
You guys see Stephen A saying the Cs should let Rozier start and trade Kyrie for Kawhi lol?

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
Kyrie would be a perfect fit for a team that's been all about defense and pass first efficient offense since like WWII.

• 1Solidarity
People who are giving credit to anyone besides LeBron for the Cavs winning the last 2 games is just not in the realm of understanding basketball.

The Raptors did miss a TON of open shots in game 1, and the Cavs were very fortunate to win, but LeBron knew he couldn't win by himself it just cant work.

So what did he do? Feed Kevin Love the ball. There were about 4 late 4th quarter possessions in crunch time where LeBron simply brought the ball up the court, lingered at the top of the key, and then literally just lob passed the rock to Love in the shallow post/elbow area.

They kept just putting a wing on him, and he simply backed the smaller defender down and either got a post bucket, or dishes it out for a corner triple to JR Smith.

Why would LeBron not just be LeBron in crunch time and take over the game? Because he knew what he was doing, not only exploiting a mismatch, but feeding Loves confidence and stat line. After the game the media gives him credit, he feels good and LeBron is now referring to him as "All-Star" not Kev.

He knows he needs Love to show up and be at least a lock for a double double and keep his confidence up if the Cavs are going to have a chance.

LeBron actually conserved energy in game 1, he didn't take too much of a pounding and purposefully played facilitator, not only to get Love, Smith, Thompson, and Korver involved, but to regenerate. He used this suction cup recovery shit after game 1 then comes out and does a re-enactment of Micheal Jordan with some of the sickest mid range fade always I've ever seen.

He hit A LOT of them. He couldn't have missed more than 1 of those shots after half time. The Ratpors are getting swept.

Drake gonna make a song about LeBron and start sucking his dick, watch. His face after the game looked like his dog died, and saw a ghost at the same time. It was like a disappointed awe.

^^this = truth

btw, I respect talent, I really do, but Kyrie is an idiot. He will never win anything in Beantown. I hope he proves me wrong! But my take is, Kyrie just does not have anywhere close to a "command of the game" level talent. The idiot should have been content to be Bron-Bron's Pippin.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Kyrie would be a perfect fit for a team that's been all about defense and pass first efficient offense since like WWII.

You guys see Stephen A saying the Cs should let Rozier start and trade Kyrie for Kawhi lol?

Exactly. This would of course be a great trade for Boston. I don't see the upside for San Antonio.

Kyrie can ball but he's the new Carmelo Anthony of the NBA. Plenty of talent, but a me-first mentality, he's a shooter not a passer, and not that efficient. Dude doesn't fit in today's NBA with a ceiling of 3rd best point guard in the Association. He's young enough to change his mentality and morph his game, though, and if anybody can make the most of his talents it's Brad Stevens.