NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Szlia

I am not up to date with my NBA rule set... can you really tuck the ball against your body when you drive to the ring without it being a carry? Or is it like the travels?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I am not up to date with my NBA rule set... can you really tuck the ball against your body when you drive to the ring without it being a carry? Or is it like the travels?

You can put the ball wherever you please, as long as you don't take too many steps after picking up your dribble.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can’t stand the douche, but Lebron is the best player I’ve ever seen. Including MJ

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Can’t stand the douche, but Lebron is the best player I’ve ever seen. Including MJ
Not sure about the Jordan thing, but whatever you want to say about the guy he's a generational talent and can ball his ass off.

• 3Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
LeBron is definitely the best player on the court since he entered the court. That's a pretty damn long time by the time he leaves. There may not be one like him for decades or ever considering way the game has changed. Fun to watch.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Eastern Conference is still completely top-heavy. Western Conference is BY FAR the superior conference top to bottom. Time to disolve the conferences and change playoff seeding completely. These near sweeps in the semi's is embarrassing for the league.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
18 out of the last 19 years the West has won the head to head matchup. That's kind of bizarre that it's been that way for so long.

But, I don't think the near sweeps are so embarrassing since the East games have been just as competitive, maybe more so, than the West. One play in each East series and it's 2-1. It's not like they're being blown out, at least.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I've been triggered!!

Jordan changed the league. Almost every major broadcast of Bulls games started with Jordan rules.

Foul him hard.
Double team him every possession possible.
Keep him from getting the ball.
Have your big men drop their man and keep him out the paint.
Pretty much fuck who you are guarding and get on Jordan, and fuck him up! Literally that was most teams game plans in the playoffs. And THAT didn't work.

Not once can I think back on when Jordan was not the best player in the league in his prime. It wasn't really close.

He was a 10/10 when everyone star was an 8/10. The ONLY negative that was said about his game, was he didn't give the ball up. He even fixed that part of his game earlier than later.

Lebron. Man's a beast. Game is complete as Jordan's. He's bigger and stronger than Jordan. (Jordan was quicker/faster obviously)

Three things that will keep Jordan over Lebron:

Let's be real, NBA has been pussified from the Jordan era. Jordan in a league where you can't even hand check now...come on.

The whole championship thing. Not the count. The disappearing that Lebron has done over the years in the playoffs and championship series...will forever put him behind Jordan. He is and always has been a front runner. If he isn't rolling that game, he turtled too many times over the years for my tastes.

Him going to Miami was again, a pussy Lebron move. Just goes to show you his makeup. I can't win here, better bail to a super team.

What do I give Lebron credit for?

That championship over GS was clutch as there ever was by a player.
This dude is STILL the best player in the playoffs at age 33. Jordan was not as good at 33 as Lebron is now.
In his heart he has to know he will lose to either Hoston or GS, and make his legacy even shittier. BUT he is playing his ass off none the less.

• 3Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I've been triggered!!

Jordan changed the league. Almost every major broadcast of Bulls games started with Jordan rules.

Foul him hard.
Double team him every possession possible.
Keep him from getting the ball.
Have your big men drop their man and keep him out the paint.
Pretty much fuck who you are guarding and get on Jordan, and fuck him up! Literally that was most teams game plans in the playoffs. And THAT didn't work.

Not once can I think back on when Jordan was not the best player in the league in his prime. It wasn't really close.

He was a 10/10 when everyone star was an 8/10. The ONLY negative that was said about his game, was he didn't give the ball up. He even fixed that part of his game earlier than later.

Lebron. Man's a beast. Game is complete as Jordan's. He's bigger and stronger than Jordan. (Jordan was quicker/faster obviously)

Three things that will keep Jordan over Lebron:

Let's be real, NBA has been pussified from the Jordan era. Jordan in a league where you can't even hand check now...come on.

The whole championship thing. Not the count. The disappearing that Lebron has done over the years in the playoffs and championship series...will forever put him behind Jordan. He is and always has been a front runner. If he isn't rolling that game, he turtled too many times over the years for my tastes.

Him going to Miami was again, a pussy Lebron move. Just goes to show you his makeup. I can't win here, better bail to a super team.

What do I give Lebron credit for?

That championship over GS was clutch as there ever was by a player.
This dude is STILL the best player in the playoffs at age 33. Jordan was not as good at 33 as Lebron is now.
In his heart he has to know he will lose to either Hoston or GS, and make his legacy even shittier. BUT he is playing his ass off none the less.

Should be stickied for the next 1000+ times this comes up until we die. I'll just add that Lebron has had a much greater influence on team makeup than Jordan ever did. As you mentioned, not only did he move on and make super teams, he's played GM far more than Jordan was able to in his timeframe. The teams he's played on...are his teams. Lebron is an amazing athlete that wills his team to win just like Jordan used to. He's just a smidgen off and is very lucky Jordan wasted several years in baseball to give him a handicap.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The only and I mean only negative on LeBron now is 2011 Finals. Even I hate him for that and offer no excuses.

Other than that blemish he is the best. He just is.

Also thinking a 6'8 280 pound freak athelete wouldn't dominate in a physical era is stupid.

Jordan is amazing as well but by the time LeBron retires it'll be no contest outside of 2011.

Jordan had his issues too though, like the 95 playoff loss to Orlando. The fact he was an asshole and a horrible person as well lol.

Jordan had a lot of controversy around him with the gambling, associating with criminals, the retiring 20 times, etc etc.

Oh my fucking God shut up about the team bullshit FFS.

Jordan did shit ass nothing until getting Pippen. Didn't win his first ring until the Lakers got old. Played in Finals against bad teams. He was the favorite every single year. He didn't have to leave because A) he was coached by the greatest coach of all time B) he had Pippen who was amazing in his own right C) he always had stud role players.

The reason this super team shit is happening is because assholes like you shout 6 rings all fucking day and discredit every other metric of comparison. Now these guys will do whatever it takes to be a multiple time champion.

Blame all this Jordan is God shit for what we're seeing. When 3 rings doesn't even get you in the convo of course guys are trying to maximize their window.

Jordan wasted years in baseball because his ass got suspended for gambling. Period. Got his dad's ass murdered over it too.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The only and I mean only negative on LeBron now is 2011 Finals. Even I hate him for that and offer no excuses.

Also thinking a 6'8 280 pound freak athelete wouldn't dominate in a physical era is stupid.

Jordan is amazing as well but by the time LeBron retires it'll be no contest outside of 2011.

Jordan had his issues too though, like the 95 playoff loss to Orlando. The fact he was an asshole and a horrible person as well lol.

Jordan had a lot of controversy around him with the gambling, associating with criminals, the retiring 20 times, etc etc.

Oh my fucking God shut up about the team bullshit FFS.

Jordan did shit ass nothing until getting Pippen. Didn't win his first ring until the Lakers got old. Played in Finals against bad teams. He was the favorite every single year. He didn't have to leave because A) he was coached by the greatest coach of all time B) he had Pippen who was amazing in his own right C) he always had stud role players.

The reason this super team shit is happening is because assholes like you shout 6 rings all fucking day and discredit every other metric of comparison. Now these guys will do whatever it takes to be a multiple time champion.

Blame all this Jordan is God shit for what we're seeing. When 3 rings doesn't even get you in the convo of course guys are trying to maximize their window.

Jordan wasted years in baseball because his ass got suspended for gambling. Period. Got his dad's ass murdered over it too.

After Curry is done we won't even remember Lebran, Lebron, Lonzo, Loubranzo, whatever his name is. He will be just another Olajuwon with an extra ring, more control over his team, and a lot more losses.

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lebron is awesome...

Ummmm. NO. There is more than that bud.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/galle...-choker-cleveland-cavaliers-miami-heat-061517

I never said he couldn't. I said Jordan NOW. But let's go there....

How about this. Night after night of Dennis Rodman, Larry Johnson, Charles Oakley, Barkley, Cliff Robinson beating the shit out of you...There is a reason players NOW can play VERY well until they hit mid/late 30's vs then when that cliff hit at 32. He definately could have played but he would not have been the same player.

Conversely Jordan against ANYONE now with these rules...

In what regard?

1994? You mean when Jordan took a year off prior to play baseball? Then swept that same Orlando team 4-0 the following year and went on to win the championship? Because you know...Jordan things.

Ummm...OK. was talking strictly basketball. BUT!!

Rather be known as a bad person than a pussy. Rather be Jordan than Lebron.

• 2Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gaige stuff

Dude...we aren't talking about the pleebs of the league man. We are talking about who is God vs Jesus.

The Pippen thing. Jordan left for baseball...How that go? He left Chicago...how that go?

Lets be real again, Jordan made Pippen a star because to Pippen's credit he could finish and create shots. That meant you couldn't throw the Jordan rules at him all game any longer.

This to me are their legacy's:

Lebron = Bailing on a mediocre franchise to win championships.

Jordan = BUILDING a mediocre franchise into a championship team.

Don't get me started on the whole "coming home" crap. He bailed on Miami when it was clear Wade was done, and Cleveland, because of his initial pussification had high draft picks ie: Kyrie was safe to go back to.

• 2Like
  • 2Cutler

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Someone going around calling themselves King James isn't a huge cunt or anything.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users