NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For the love of everything, I hope the warriors do not win. We really don't need to see this again.

I prefer either team out West over Cleveland, especially since he's going to ditch them again. But that Boston/Houston dream final would have been cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just being realistic. The Cs are young with no closer. The Warriors and the Rockets both have superstars that can close.

I just don't see him getting 4 of 7 against either of those teams.
This is some Pussy shit, especially for LeBron's biggest nut hugger.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How is that pussy shit? Sounds pretty realistic to me. Can he never be allowed rationality?
It's never a sure thing in sports. You have the greatest player of his generation, who's proved time and again he can win, and you're going to automatically assume he loses. That's pussy shit.

Will the team from the West be the favorite? Of course. Does that make it a foregone conclusion that the Cavs lose? Of course not.

Pussy shit

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Sure, little ten year-old Timmy from t-ball could beat Aaron Judge in a home run contest.

It's never a sure thing in sports. Would Aaron Judge be the favorite? Of course. Does it make it a forgone conclusion that ten year-old Timmy from t-ball will lose? Of course not.

The difference between winning on any given Sunday and winning a best of 7 series is light years. No way.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lol at comparing LeBron and the Cavs to a 10 year old.

Sorry, I just can't imagine being such a huge fan of someone, and automatically writing them off. I'm a 49er fan, so I know what it's like to root for a shitty team. And guess what, every week I tune in and hope they would pull off an improbable win.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
49ers only have to win one game. Cavs have to win a series. Get to the Superbowl, win the turnover battle (a lucky INT here, a botched punt return there) and you have an 80% chance of victory. For the Cavs to have an 80% chance of hoisting the trophy they'd have to go up 3-1.

These things aren't remotely comparable. The difference between winning on any given Sunday and winning a best of 7 series is light years.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
It really is a huge difference.. that said, if the Rockets find a way to win tomorrow (which i'm hoping to hell they don't), and if CP3 couldn't play in the finals, who knows. Rockets would be favored due to Harden having more talent around him, but in that situation its a one star vs. one star scenario, and Lebron is of course the better player. The Cavs are going to hope to hell that the Rockets win, and the league probably is too... hard to see many fringe fans wanting to tune in for round 4 when Lebron has a lesser team than the one he lost with 4-1 last year.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
49ers only have to win one game. Cavs have to win a series. Get to the Superbowl, win the turnover battle (a lucky INT here, a botched punt return there) and you have an 80% chance of victory. For the Cavs to have an 80% chance of hoisting the trophy they'd have to go up 3-1.

These things aren't remotely comparable. The difference between winning on any given Sunday and winning a best of 7 series is light years.
You're missing my point. If you're a huge fan, you pull for your team (or in Gaige's case, player) no matter how much of an underdog they are. You always hope they can pull it off. He's already given up, which I think is just weak, pussy shit.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's never a sure thing in sports. You have the greatest player of his generation, who's proved time and again he can win, and you're going to automatically assume he loses. That's pussy shit.

Will the team from the West be the favorite? Of course. Does that make it a foregone conclusion that the Cavs lose? Of course not.

Pussy shit

He sure proved the haters wrong by barely beating a team in 7 games that was missing its 2 best players

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ambi just trolling again, pay no attention.

Sure, the Celtics were a toothless version of themselves with Kyrie and Gordon out, but lets be fucking serious, the Cavs shitted on Toronto, the number 1 seed in the conference, and then beat a team in a 7 game series who was undefeated at home during this years playoffs and actually would have won that game pretty handily if SCARY Terry and Marcus Smart didnt go like 2-34 from the field. The Celtics missed like 22 threes or something retarded.

They could have beat the Cavs, easily. But guess what, they didnt. LeBron has played AMAZING these playoffs, taking anything away from him reaching the Finals for the 8th straight season is just fucking bizarre, and shows how out of touch you are, or just are continuing to successfully troll, which in itself is impressive.

edit: Amazing stat, teams that LeBron James has been on have won 24 straight playoff series, and undefeated in Game 7's (while averaging 35 12 and 9)!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
He sure proved the haters wrong by barely beating a team in 7 games that was missing its 2 best players

Which is another indictment on the type of competition he has dealt with in the Eastern conference.

Shit is laughable. "GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT". Media is lame.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Lebron has had easier paths to the Finals than Jordan has, but then has faced better teams once in the Finals for the most part. Not sure anyone has really argued against that and if they have they're retards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Pussy shit

Have to agree. The Warriors or Rockets team bus could get t-boned or a plane could crash into their hotel or something.

• 4Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Have to agree. The Warriors or Rockets team bus could get t-boned or a plane could crash into their hotel or something.

Gaige would gladly drive that bus like a crazy chinaman. Fly that plane like it was Nine Eleven all over again, if it got Lebron his championship.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
CP3 out tonight. Gives the Warriors a much better chance.

• 1Like