NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, fuck these stupid finals. Rather Boston would have won if it was going to be the warriors.

Yes, I think it's a foregone conclusion. I hope I eat these words later.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Without CP3, Houston's margin of error is tiny.

With Klay on the bench, if they can continue defend KD into playing stupid OKC ball, we're watching David tear down Goliath.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rockets will look good in first half, but then succumb to nerves of a game 7 crunch time and the light skin lord Klay Thompson will hit a few big time triples and the Warriors will win by 1 or 2.

Also, Harden needs to assert himself. If he doesnt score at least 25 he is trash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Rockets will look good in first half, but then succumb to nerves of a game 7 crunch time and the light skin lord Klat Thompson will hit a few big time triples and the Warriors will win by 1 or 2.
Quite possible, as they are looking pretty damn good right now.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
These refs fucking suck.

Also, my thumb is getting sore flipping back and forth between this and Vegas vs Caps

Last edited:

Jozu

God this Rockets team is too easy to predict. Its a real shame they lost Chris Paul. We will forever wonder what would of happened if he would have been healthy the last 2 games. Maybe they win the series. But Paul has always been injury prone, the only thing that is really a weakness for him, but he is still a hall of famer. I feel bad for him, and Houston fans.

LeBron vs Warriors for 4 straight years is fucking insane.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
LeBron vs warriors 5 will happen in the western conference finals when he signs with the Rockets.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The missed 3s have absolutely sunk the Rockets tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
49ers only have to win one game. Cavs have to win a series. Get to the Superbowl, win the turnover battle (a lucky INT here, a botched punt return there) and you have an 80% chance of victory. For the Cavs to have an 80% chance of hoisting the trophy they'd have to go up 3-1.

These things aren't remotely comparable. The difference between winning on any given Sunday and winning a best of 7 series is light years.

You have said things we are not supposed to say. But I will stand up and say, this is why baseball and basketball are real sports, but the NFL (like prizefighting) is at best a fun diversion.

Tell me, what is the equivalenmt of a game 7 in football?

It simply does not exist. And I love me some good FB games! But there is not **anything** like a best of seven series.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You have said things we are not supposed to say. But I will stand up and say, this is why baseball and basketball are real sports, but the NFL (like prizefighting) is at best a fun diversion.

It simply does not exist. And I love me some good FB games! But there is not **anything** like a best of seven series.

I'm not sure I'd be ready for ten super bowl wins by the pats if there was an equivalent for football.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Every football playoff game is game 7. Just like every NCAA tournament game is game 7.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never seen such terrible three point shooting. Houston collectively choked.

Jozu

Well, the Celtics missed 22 threes last night, but the Rockets missed what, 26 in a row? How the fuck can you be worse than Marcus Smart at shooting a basketball.

Lonzo Ball would have hit more 3s than Harden did tonight.

• 1Worf