NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Smith is to blame, but I would also blame the coach to some degree. It's his job to make sure the players have a clear idea of what to do when the clock starts running again (Kerr did so for the Warriors).

Really? The coach has to explain to them that it's a tie game?

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It is TLue's job to realize that JR Smith is in fact JR Smith and he HAS to tell JR Smith EXACTLY what to do in that situation.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm stunned. LeBron scores 51, they have a chance to take game 1 but George Hill can't make a free throw and then JR Smith makes one of the biggest blunders in NBA playoff history.

If the Cavs go on to lose this series we will look back at this game and that moment and wonder what could of happened if things would have gone differently.

Curry hit a 38 footer at buzzer before halftime that tied the game and ended up being huge. Fuck though bros, something doesn't feel right. I feel like that changed call and LeBrons teammates failing in high pressure situations makes me feel like this was one of those karma games, where the basketball gods take note of the injustices and will balance it out later in the series causing the Cavs to get a lucky call or circumstances that lead to a win.

Only problem is they need to win 4 times, and I'm not sure LeBron and Karma can get it done. Karma might be better than JR Smith though, I think LeBron would probably rather have Smith come off the bench in favor of a magical, unseen entity.

If anyone calls JR Smith "swish" again on TV or anywhere else they need to be punched in the fucking throat. Unless he drops 20 in Game 2 and hits a few late game 3s to redeem himself, I think the media will use him as a scapegoat for LeBron.

Hill should have made that second free throw though. Bron goes for 51, this guy just has to sink 2 uncontested shots from less than 20 feet away to seal a game and validate Jame's performance, instead he misses a critical one and then they lose in OT.

Edit: I still think Cleveland can win tghis series. They played pretty fucking well and should have won that game. If they win game 2, they have momentum and confidence going into Cleveland having should of been up 2-0.

If Warriors lose game 2 the Cavs will win series. If they win the Cavs are done.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
Fate is a cruel mistress, perhaps it was payback for that Ray Allen 3 in 2013.

• 1Salty

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
LeBron played out of his mind, the Warriors played subpar, and still wasn't enough for the Cavs to steal a win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea Durant was off target, and the Cavs probably won't be as fortunate going forward as far as the Warriors missing open looks.

The question for me is, does LeBron have enough energy left to will this team to 4 wins, he just put up 50 in a loss, he must be fucking pissed.

I think he goes for 40 plus in game 2. At least this looks like a competitive series now. OT in game 1, game 2 expectations will surely be different, as the media will now hype up the Cavs chances.

• 2Like

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why in the fuck does the NBA review foul calls? It's like reviewing balls n strikes, pass interference...simply ridiculous. Lebron was in Beastmode tonight it's to bad he will lose another one

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I felt like the Cavs had their best chances to steal a win tonight going into the game. They had Love back and Iguodala was still out. I think they are pretty fucked now unless Iguodala doesn't come back.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Terrible game. Fun to watch but Lebron was robbed twice. Refs doing a good job competing with NFL refs on affecting the final results. Not a fan at all. Everyone knows JR is retarded. I don't know why James wanted him so badly.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
All said, I would not be unhappy with several more games like that.

Here's my big question: Did the Cavs learn some things from the Houston series or was their defense a fluke?

If the Cavs hold the Warriors to 107 every game, they have a chance to steal a couple.

Draymond's eye gouge might have been an accident, but it's Draymond so the mind wanders.

Most importantly, Livingston pulled a punk move at the end of OT. Everyone was standing around, no one was engaged, he was going around for high fives, and then pulled a fast one. I want to see someone give him a hard foul in game two.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm stunned. LeBron scores 51, they have a chance to take game 1 but George Hill can't make a free throw and then JR Smith makes one of the biggest blunders in NBA playoff history.

If the Cavs go on to lose this series we will look back at this game and that moment and wonder what could of happened if things would have gone differently.

Curry hit a 38 footer at buzzer before halftime that tied the game and ended up being huge. Fuck though bros, something doesn't feel right. I feel like that changed call and LeBrons teammates failing in high pressure situations makes me feel like this was one of those karma games, where the basketball gods take note of the injustices and will balance it out later in the series causing the Cavs to get a lucky call or circumstances that lead to a win.

Only problem is they need to win 4 times, and I'm not sure LeBron and Karma can get it done. Karma might be better than JR Smith though, I think LeBron would probably rather have Smith come off the bench in favor of a magical, unseen entity.

If anyone calls JR Smith "swish" again on TV or anywhere else they need to be punched in the fucking throat. Unless he drops 20 in Game 2 and hits a few late game 3s to redeem himself, I think the media will use him as a scapegoat for LeBron.

Hill should have made that second free throw though. Bron goes for 51, this guy just has to sink 2 uncontested shots from less than 20 feet away to seal a game and validate Jame's performance, instead he misses a critical one and then they lose in OT.

Edit: I still think Cleveland can win tghis series. They played pretty fucking well and should have won that game. If they win game 2, they have momentum and confidence going into Cleveland having should of been up 2-0.

If Warriors lose game 2 the Cavs will win series. If they win the Cavs are done.

Well to be fair man...that was a CRAZY high pressure free throw.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Really? The coach has to explain to them that it's a tie game?

Szlia is kinda right. That's coaching 101. Make sure your players KNOW the scenario.

But I definitely see your point more! He should have known that off the top of his head without being told. Fucks sake...LOOK UP at the jumbotron if you don't have a clue!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
All said, I would not be unhappy with several more games like that.

Here's my big question: Did the Cavs learn some things from the Houston series or was their defense a fluke?

If the Cavs hold the Warriors to 107 every game, they have a chance to steal a couple.

Draymond's eye gouge might have been an accident, but it's Draymond so the mind wanders.

Most importantly, Livingston pulled a punk move at the end of OT. Everyone was standing around, no one was engaged, he was going around for high fives, and then pulled a fast one. I want to see someone give him a hard foul in game two.

What? It's only a "punk move" if the shot clock's off. If it's still going then shooting that is perfectly acceptable.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What? It's only a "punk move" if the shot clock's off. If it's still going then shooting that is perfectly acceptable.

Body language. Did you watch the game?

If they wanted to play until the clock expired, they had that right. But that's not what happened. KD, Steph, Klay, and even Draymond were content to let it go. So, apparently, was Livingston – but he faked everyone out, ditched his defender, and then went for an easy bucket because no one on the court was moving faster than 1 mph the entire sequence.

The way he executed the shot was a punk move.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
This series is like AI vs the Lakers in 2001 except the Sixers won game one.

No way Lebron wants anything to do with JR Smith or Kevin Love after this.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Body language. Did you watch the game?

If they wanted to play until the clock expired, they had that right. But that's not what happened. KD, Steph, Klay, and even Draymond were content to let it go. So, apparently, was Livingston – but he faked everyone out, ditched his defender, and then went for an easy bucket because no one on the court was moving faster than 1 mph the entire sequence.

The way he executed the shot was a punk move.

What are you even talking about? If he doesn't take a shot it's a shot clock violation and that just drags the game on even longer. If the shot clock's off then you stand there and shooting makes you a dick. if the shot clock's still going, then It's acceptable for everyone to stand around and shoot at the last second to keep everything moving. The only thing that's poor sportsmanship in that scenario is going for a dunk.

This isn't some brand new thing. the Cavs were just being salty

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I need a gif of Lebron pointing the other way, that shit was fucking classic.

Not a gif, but shits still funny.

Screenshot_20180601-075936_Reddit.jpg

4f3aa9d.jpg

• 1Worf