NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I felt Lebron exerted himself to the highest degree to try to steal game 1, possibly cede game 2 in favor of recovery and try to go up 3-1 at home.

That ain't happenin now. Would've been very interesting stealing game 1, though. I think they get demolished now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jozu and his fucking karma. Dubs should have lost, but even if they did this would not have been a long series. Cleveland defense is terrible. Warriors weren't working hard for any baskets. Just missing some shots they typically make. That was a classic Warriors overlooking their opponent because they bought into the media sweep hype. Kerr even talked about that pregame. Cleveland was like 60% or something insane in the first half. So many things have to go right for Cleveland for them to have a shot in a single game. I don't see it happening. Who knows, maybe we'll have another 3-1 epic comeback but who will be the Cavs' Kyrie this time?

Juvarisx

Florida
FLaZgDr.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
NBA Basketball Player Stats - Free Throws Attempted

I mean, he went to the line 7th most of any player this year. I don't know how you equate that to refs never thinking he is fouled. And on the play you are referring to, he indeed (rightfully) got the foul call. So don't sit here and pretend that he doesn't go full soccer player to get the call all the fucking time.

Ooooo. GREAT stat man.

And Harden's ass is number one. Hate that fuckers game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haha Alex. Yea man I'm a hardcore believer. More so in sports than anything, but I have seen shit like this happen so many times, where a team gets a fortunate call or bounce, and then that gets balanced out some how or way in the future.

Kind of like a make up call by a ref after he fucks up an earlier call, but except karma is make believe.

Kind of. (Lol)

I still think the whole "it's a make or miss league" thing starts to be more of a factor as this series goes forward. Efficiency and 3pt % will be crucial in every game, and the team that isn't making open looks is going to lose.(as both teams suffer from fatigue, they will begin to settle for jumpshots instead of driving)

Yes the Warriors shot pretty poorly last night and still won but that was due to Smith making perhaps the worse basketball deCIsion in the history of the NBA.

Low basketball IQ doesn't even begin to describe what happened.

Look at how he grabs that rebound, he leapt into the air and snatched it with one hand, with a CLEAR path to the basket. All he has to do is execute a simple bunny layup and they win. Or he could have immediately called time. Or found someone else for a shot.

There is no way he knew it was tied, he legit thought they were up 1. The way he turned to dribble was the move you make to salt away a game, and only attempted that pass after LeBron almost literally had a melt down when he yelled at him to do something.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So you think the injustice for the two calls that went the Warriors way will cause the Cavs to win? Karma is a spiteful bitch. Doesn't seem like her game.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ooooo. GREAT stat man.

And Harden's ass is number one. Hate that fuckers game.
It goes all the way back to 2007, so you can go through and see a bit more. Harden is #1 or #2 since 2013, it is kinda silly. But Lebron is in the top 10 in every single year except 2015, which he was 15th, and he is top 5 many years. To try and claim he has to be dramatic to get calls is just stupid.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, I mean come on man. Some of the quality of the videos is pretty bad. But his over dramatization is really embarrassing.

Edited and put a better one in. It is kind of amusing

And one more edit. To be clear, I still think he is the most dominant player since Jordan, it isn't even close. I am a Lakers fan, and I won't be one of those fools to argue that Kobe was better. I just feel like Lebron would be so much better without the theatrics.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
s the Warriors shot pretty poorly last night and still won but that was due to Smith making perhaps the worse basketball deCIsion in the history of the NBA.

Really?? Does the name Derek Harper mean anything to you???

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was Durant even on the floor last night? Way to ride those coattails man

• 1Cutler

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Problem is officials have outright stated they officiate LeBron differently than most because he's that much bigger than everyone else. He's a freight train.

Also, FTA per game isn't really a useful stat. The only thing that really shows is the discrepancy between Harden and the rest of the league. You have to factor in things like minutes, drives to the hoop, etc. I don't know that type of advanced metric exists, but when LeBron plays all 82 games and averages the most minutes in the league WHILE being a gifted finisher... should he not somehow be in the top 5 of FTA?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Problem is officials have outright stated they officiate LeBron differently than most because he's that much bigger than everyone else. He's a freight train.

Also, FTA per game isn't really a useful stat. The only thing that really shows is the discrepancy between Harden and the rest of the league. You have to factor in things like minutes, drives to the hoop, etc. I don't know that type of advanced metric exists, but when LeBron plays all 82 games and averages the most minutes in the league WHILE being a gifted finisher... should he not somehow be in the top 5 of FTA?

It's useful when someone claims the refs never call him being fouled.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What are you even talking about? If he doesn't take a shot it's a shot clock violation and that just drags the game on even longer. If the shot clock's off then you stand there and shooting makes you a dick. if the shot clock's still going, then It's acceptable for everyone to stand around and shoot at the last second to keep everything moving. The only thing that's poor sportsmanship in that scenario is going for a dunk.

This isn't some brand new thing. the Cavs were just being salty

I'm assuming you didn't watch the play.

He could've let Durant throw one up with one second left. If it goes in, it goes in – that's life.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Great thing about the NBA is all the advanced and tracked stats publicly available!

LeBron was 10th in the total drives to the hoop with 961. Russ led the league with 1501. All players ahead of him are Guards, except Ben Simmons (#3 overall with 1241 drives).

Players Drives

Officiating in the NBA isn't great, because foul calls are based on the size of the players involved (not just LeBron, but a 6 foot guard gets different calls than a 7 foot forward). All-Stars are also generally officiated differently than their fellow starters and role players. The "LeBron doesn't get foul calls" gets a lot of media attention, but I'm not convinced he's special – he's only noteworthy because people notice and talk about when LeBron doesn't get a call; when's the last time we heard "Carmelo doesn't get foul calls?" It's a media talking point that glosses over big guys not getting foul calls all the damn time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Durant rebounding/boxing/defense on that second free throw was ridiculous.

How the fuck he allowed JR to grab the rebound?? Durant didn't even jump nor raised his arm... like WTF..

Green will box you out to the three point line. It is so nice to watch.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Yep. Just don't want Gaige saying he doesnt get the calls is all.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was Durant even on the floor last night? Way to ride those coattails man

Not a great night for the "KD is better than Lebron" crowd.

On another note, Embiid's offseason has been awesome and it makes me wish I lived in Philly.

• 1Like