NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
2015 KI and Love were out. You play with what you have.

Usually. Unless Lebron instigates shit then cries to the league to get what you have suspended cause he's about to go down 4-1. And until JR Smith starts intentionally diving into dude's legs (worked on Bogut in '16, didn't quite seem to work for him on Klay this year.)

So this new juggernaut Warriors team with Durant is a by-product of LeBron ripping away their 73 win delight. Thats why I said LeBron doesnt need to do SHIT, he can get swept this year, next year, and the year after, and people still cant come for his neck because that 2016 triumph will never be topped, ever. His effort in bringing them back down 3-1, and then going INTO Golden State to win that title against THAT team, just....fuck, it almost feels like it didnt happen its so unbelievable.

It's a byproduct of Lebron crying to the NBA to have Green suspended for hardly touching him. In no way was the penalty appropriate considering it was the finals - the NBA gave Lebron a 2nd chance in that series, all Lebron's (and Kyrie's.. ) heroics don't happen without it. And the whole league has been paying for it ever since. F em all.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dude go look up LeBrons numbers in that series. People forget, but he put on 4 STRAIGT virtuosio like performances to win that series, with the help of Kyrie obviously, but fuck doesn't the guy get to play with at least ONE fucking other good player?

It's like people talk about him now like him by himself is like normal or something, or fair to him. The team he is facing has 4 HALL OF FAMERS. His teammates will be selling insurance while others are enshrined in Springfield.
Lebron has a hall of famer on his team. I guess that's not considered good though?

Sterling

El Presidente
Lebron has too much influence on the roster, but that's largely on the front office. With Jordan's history now with personnel as a front office type if had the same kind of influence on rosters those Bulls teams probably would have had problems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Screenshot_20180608-113259_Reddit.jpg

Guy with the better team won the series each time. News at 11.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't see Kevin Love as a Hall of Famer. Maybe depending on what he does after Lebron leaves. His CLE averages are like 17/10 on 43% shooting with mediocre defense.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
2015 KI and Love were out. You play with what you have.

Once again, not the point I was making. Just pointing out the fact that LBJ did not defeat anywhere near the best version of that Warriors team as opposed to the picture Jozu was painting of Kra... er I mean Lebron climbing Mt. Olympus and slaying the gods. Previous years Warriors also didn't have anywhere near the trouble that Lebron and Irving did defeating that hamstrung Warriors team.

So to sum up. Lebron amazing series? Yes. Warriors playing way down in power? Yes. Cavs still struggling to close them out and it taking multiple iconic moments and a career game from Irving? Yes.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I really don't see Kevin Love as a Hall of Famer. Maybe depending on what he does after Lebron leaves. His CLE averages are like 17/10 on 43% shooting with mediocre defense.
Kevin Love will make the hall of fame unless his career ends prematurely.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Isn't it crazy? Love isn't a HoF'er but Green sure is with these numbers. 9.3 pts, 6.9 Rebs, 4.6 ass. for career so far. It's like they use any argument at all to shit on the guys Lebron has played with while 'Greens Defense!!!' Hurr durr!!!! Lebron carried trash every year! He would be 8-0 if they didn't have Warriors super team the past 9 years!! It really does make me LOL.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So calling Green and All Star and future Hall of Famer is only a valid argument when it's against the Warriors and sympathizing for LeBron. And I don't get the "hurr durr Green defense" when he's the reigning DPOTY. Green is legit. Second most important player on the Warriors (given their current system).

• 2Solidarity

DickTrickle

Defense is half the fucking game. Those who discredit that are retarded.

I kind of feel bad for Love. Early in his career his game was ahead of the curve so his defensive deficiencies could be hidden better by staying in the block against big and slow guys and he could roast them on offense. Then the game got so quick he kind of fell behind the curve.

Love me some Minnesota white guys though. Googs, Wally and Love would make a pretty good three person team in their prime.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So calling Green and All Star and future Hall of Famer is only a valid argument when it's against the Warriors and sympathizing for LeBron. And I don't get the "hurr durr Green defense" when he's the reigning DPOTY. Green is legit. Second most important player on the Warriors (given their current system).

Wat. I dont agree with this at all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My meter was temporarily malfunctioning. Didn't realize zzeris was being sarcastic.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, was just saying Lebron has played with talent every year. This year has been rough but everyone uses the 4 superstars vs LBJ bullshit too much. No one but Lebron gets credit on his teams. Its Lebron and his hand-picked posse of The Four Nameless Bastards.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the rest of his career.

At this point, he's a 5x All-Star and 2x All-NBA (second team). Given the abundance of talented forwards in the NBA today, I'm not sure he'll rack up more All-NBA honors. Post-LeBron he might re-emerge as an offensive source but the league has evolved to expose his defensive liabilities on every play. He's 29 and he might age well because it's not like his athleticism can become any more of a hindrance?

K-Love is a hard guy to judge.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the rest of his career.

At this point, he's a 5x All-Star and 2x All-NBA (second team). Given the abundance of talented forwards in the NBA today, I'm not sure he'll rack up more All-NBA honors. Post-LeBron he might re-emerge as an offensive source but the league has evolved to expose his defensive liabilities on every play. He's 29 and he might age well because it's not like his athleticism can become any more of a hindrance?

K-Love is a hard guy to judge.

He's also been unremarkable in the playoffs, which matters for border line guys. 15/10/40%. I just don't get why they can't get more out of him. He always looks so lacking in confidence.

He was my favorite guy when he was on the Wolves and seemed much more assertive.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
He's also been unremarkable in the playoffs, which matters for border line guys. 15/10/40%. I just don't get why they can't get more out of him. He always looks so lacking in confidence.

He was my favorite guy when he was on the Wolves and seemed much more assertive.

It's hard for guys like Love to play next to LeBron. Bosh had the same issue.

Spo had to run a bunch of plays through Bosh to keep him involved, kept him on the floor with Wade and LeBron on the bench, and it was still hard to manage.

Ty Lue has tried the same with similar results.

As for his unremarkable playoff stats, I wonder if he feasts on low-quality competition to pad his regular season stats and always performs as a 15/10/40% guy against strong defenses? There are only so many 3 and D players and they're concentrated on playoff teams. When teams go into a 7 game series, there's more game-planning on how to beat the Cavs than on any given regular season game and Love is a guy that teams target (wear him out, switch onto him, eliminate LeBron's help), is he a victim of playing alongside LeBron? I haven't looked into why he struggles, it's gotta be more than confidence.

He will get the chance to assert his HOF case without LeBron.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

It's hard for guys like Love to play next to LeBron. Bosh had the same issue.

Spo had to run a bunch of plays through Bosh to keep him involved, kept him on the floor with Wade and LeBron on the bench, and it was still hard to manage.

Ty Lue has tried the same with similar results.

As for his unremarkable playoff stats, I wonder if he feasts on low-quality competition to pad his regular season stats and always performs as a 15/10/40% guy against strong defenses? There are only so many 3 and D players and they're concentrated on playoff teams. When teams go into a 7 game series, there's more game-planning on how to beat the Cavs than on any given regular season game and Love is a guy that teams target (wear him out, switch onto him, eliminate LeBron's help), is he a victim of playing alongside LeBron? I haven't looked into why he struggles, it's gotta be more than confidence.

He will get the chance to assert his HOF case without LeBron.

Yeah, I think part of it is playing with LeBron. What he was good at, playing with LeBron muted it some and he couldn't really adapt. I sometimes think they would have been better off keeping Wiggins and developing him to a three and D guy.

Bosh at least was able to change his game to provide more shooting and some crucial defense. He was an ideal big guy for the modern NBA, which is too bad given his health issues.

• 2Like