NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just in case anyone missed this Tweet. He actually said "we're literally hunted". Nothing like one of the biggest sports stars in the world stirring up hysteria with some bullshit hyperbole.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rockets win. Lakers Rockets should be a great series.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
ham ham do you agree with Lebron that black people are being literally hunted in the streets every time they have the audacity to step outside their homes, or are you a racist?

Have fun watching your league of communist sympathizing insurrectionists. When BLM burns your businesses down just remember how good the basketball games were.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
tons of awesome games in the last week, yet the lack of actual NBA talk is hilarious. you guys are losers.

Yes, it was definitely a surprising week of top notch battles. Eight of the top nine seeds went to the semis! Very, very surprising! Unless you love Boston or Dallas, the games were the same shit as every other year. This is Harden's year though, right? Right? I've seen this dog and pony show a few times before.

Edit- where did the refs put their money this year, ham? Was it on Lebron or Kawhi?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Things were a lot better when the Warriors ruled the NBA.

• 1Cutler

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This deserves 100 Cutlers - I'm going to lose my shit when GS gets Giannis after the Heat destroy Milwaukee

Yeah, I'd stop being a Giannis fan if he went to GS. I never liked/hated Durant, but once he went to GS, he was on Lebron's level of players I have no respect for.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Great player. He ever coach?

Nah, but I'm sure the players are going to listen to a short, white Canadian, especially in this day and age. I mean, he was born in Africa so has cred. Natural fit. I always remember Nash as a tough as nails floor general keeping the more outspoken players in line with his larger than life personality. A real Magic type of personality on the court.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nah, but I'm sure the players are going to listen to a short, white Canadian, especially in this day and age. I mean, he was born in Africa so has cred. Natural fit. I always remember Nash as a tough as nails floor general keeping the more outspoken players in line with his larger than life personality. A real Magic type of personality on the court.

I'm sure he already has Durant and Kyrie's approval. They wouldn't have brought him in if not.

Yeah, he's never coached at all that I can find. Weird choice. You would think they would not take chances on an unproven coach.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I never liked/hated Durant, but once he went to GS, he was on Lebron's level of players I have no respect for.

Why? I hear this but not usually a reason why.

Or I guess I've heard people say it was the general idea of top players able to go to teams that are already too teams, but that was a salary cap issue. But that's not really a Durant specific issue. With so much money to spend when the cap increased kinda had to spend it? Why was the cap increasing so much? What massive amounts of money was behind imo what helped ruin basketball?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
We should just merge this thread into one of the political threads at this point...

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Why? I hear this but not usually a reason why.

Or I guess I've heard people say it was the general idea of top players able to go to teams that are already too teams, but that was a salary cap issue. But that's not really a Durant specific issue. With so much money to spend when the cap increased kinda had to spend it? Why was the cap increasing so much? What massive amounts of money was behind imo what helped ruin basketball?

First for me it's the thought of you building your team up through YOU if you're a true number one. Which Durant is. You make players come to you. Build up your city's team.Make those guys around you better. You don't go rushing off like a pussy to join another number one like Lebron and Durant did.

Second, it's truly a league balance thing. Super Teams suck ass. Who wants a league where there really is only a couple teams you know have a shot at a championship. If you BUILT that super team like GS did prior to Durant, THAT IMO is cool.

NOW the balance is pretty great IMO. There is no clear cut who is getting to the finals. Granted it's a weird ass year, but even the next couple seems there are at least 6 teams that have a legit shot at a championship.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
First for me it's the thought of you building your team up through YOU if you're a true number one. Which Durant is. You make players come to you. Build up your city's team.Make those guys around you better. You don't go rushing off like a pussy to join another number one like Lebron and Durant did.

Second, it's truly a league balance thing. Super Teams suck ass. Who wants a league where there really is only a couple teams you know have a shot at a championship. If you BUILT that super team like GS did prior to Durant, THAT IMO is cool.

NOW the balance is pretty great IMO. There is no clear cut who is getting to the finals. Granted it's a weird ass year, but even the next couple seems there are at least 6 teams that have a legit shot at a championship.

Then don't hate the player, hate the game. Because your complaints seem to be with GMs and how the NBA operates.

I thought I remembered Durant seemed to want to stay in OKC but management chose Westbrook over him? Wait, what's that, two of the top players were on the same team in OKC? If they'd won anything would you be arguing they hate superteams that have a home-grown discount advatage, because I've seen that argument too. Almost seems like people just hate when teams win.

And then we see plenty of superteams that don't win. Maybe the argument is star players willing to play unselfishly in a team based system shouldn't be allowed. Give the other teams playing undisciplined jungle ball a chance. It's only fair!

I didn't dislike that LeBron went to a team with another hall of fame player and a decent all star. I disliked that he did it with a ton of arrogance and collusion AND still sorta fucked it up. Those teams were a mess, thankfully saved by some measure of luck and the miracle that any coaching at all was allowed.

Durant went from a shit system with shit GM and shit management and a shit selfish superstar to play along side. And he tried to stay and have improvements made around nhim. But in the end seemed to want to play with a team and other players that weren't shit. I can't fault him for that.

I'd rather more players, coaches and teams try to raise the level of basketball instead of always basically bitching when teams play as a team and succeed. I swear we just need a secondary league where players can solo hero ball like the 6'2" guy at the YMCA that dominates since he played in Jr College but still manages to lose games and yells at his team for not being good enough because they lost to a team that actually passes or plays help defense.

I dunno, NBA sucks for a lot of reasons, but Durant wanting to play on a team that wasn't the embodiment of the NBA's shit culture doesn't rank high on my list.

And you know someone right now is like " bruh, just look at Westbrooks stats, doe!"

Yeah, these teams like GS shouldn't be allowed, unfair advantage from all their coaching and playing as a team and shit! Unstoppable up against lazy teams and their dumb management! Also ignore that GS was still beaten.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Then don't hate the player, hate the game. Because your complaints seem to be with GMs and how the NBA operates.

I thought I remembered Durant seemed to want to stay in OKC but management chose Westbrook over him? Wait, what's that, two of the top players were on the same team in OKC? If they'd won anything would you be arguing they hate superteams that have a home-grown discount advatage, because I've seen that argument too. Almost seems like people just hate when teams win.

And then we see plenty of superteams that don't win. Maybe the argument is star players willing to play unselfishly in a team based system shouldn't be allowed. Give the other teams playing undisciplined jungle ball a chance. It's only fair!

I didn't dislike that LeBron went to a team with another hall of fame player and a decent all star. I disliked that he did it with a ton of arrogance and collusion AND still sorta fucked it up. Those teams were a mess, thankfully saved by some measure of luck and the miracle that any coaching at all was allowed.

Durant went from a shit system with shit GM and shit management and a shit selfish superstar to play along side. And he tried to stay and have improvements made around nhim. But in the end seemed to want to play with a team and other players that weren't shit. I can't fault him for that.

I'd rather more players, coaches and teams try to raise the level of basketball instead of always basically bitching when teams play as a team and succeed. I swear we just need a secondary league where players can solo hero ball like the 6'2" guy at the YMCA that dominates since he played in Jr College but still manages to lose games and yells at his team for not being good enough because they lost to a team that actually passes or plays help defense.

I dunno, NBA sucks for a lot of reasons, but Durant wanting to play on a team that wasn't the embodiment of the NBA's shit culture doesn't rank high on my list.

And you know someone right now is like " bruh, just look at Westbrooks stats, doe!"

Yeah, these teams like GS shouldn't be allowed, unfair advantage from all their coaching and playing as a team and shit! Unstoppable up against lazy teams and their dumb management! Also ignore that GS was still beaten.

Good points, but in the end, Durant and other players could have went to a host of teams, but chose the team guaranteeing him a ring. Not hating on him for leaving OKC. Hating on him for heading to GS.

Also lets be real. GS was in like FIVE straight championship games. One of those losses came at the expense of crazy injuries.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Good points, but in the end, Durant and other players could have went to a host of teams, but chose the team guaranteeing him a ring. Not hating on him for leaving OKC. Hating on him for heading to GS.

Also lets be real. GS was in like FIVE straight championship games. One of those losses came at the expense of crazy injuries.

And their dynasty derailed due to injuries. I'd almost say a team not trying to get multiple superstars that can carry a team on their own aren't doing it right.

Not sure where else Durant would have gone. The irony of the stupid salary cap is that even good or great teams would end up with the ability to pay a mas contract, but there weren't often many teams that could do that any given year because teams would have to spend that money so would be locked up with shit players making top dollar.

Think he could have feasibly gone to the lakers, which were a shot show. Why build your own team in that mess? Or NY, which, same, but cursed.

People dissed him for choosing GS because of the easy ring factor, but it was seen as easy because the team was the hardest working? Durant chose the team that was the hardest working, that would bring the most scrutiny, put the most pressure on his shoulders, and have the absolute highest expectations.

Why is the culture of the NBA such that that is seen as the lame decision? Why is the culture of the NBA that we should lower the standards because it creates a sense of increased competitiveness that seems like parity?

It's like a bunch of disheveled, unkempt hags at the bar getting mad at the average looking girl because she actually works out and does her hair and gets attention from guys. A lot more parity in the bar if that one bitch stopped putting in any effort!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This is a Twitter "event" so wouldn't let me link it properly. So screenshot. Took two hours to become a very concerning hire, dare say, racist hire.

Screenshot_2020-09-03-09-43-09.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
We should just merge this thread into one of the political threads at this point...
Not our fault the NBA chose to become a political organization, from top to bottom. From owners to players, to the jerseys they wear and the courts they play on, all the way up through and including the announcers.

Don't blame us. They did this to themselves. The viewers have been loud and clear about not wanting this, which is why the ratings have completely shit the bed. Lebron and his league of racist, anti semitic bigots CHOSE to believe in every retarded race hoax imaginable and then use them to stoke nationwide race riots.

I love basketball and would love to watch these playoffs, but I love America more. Fuck the NBA.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users