NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
He was in front of the circle and as far as actually being set it's a close call but there's no case that it was some great travesty just because the dunk was cool.

The annoyance is the same with catches in the NFL. Used to know a catch, or in this case, a dunk when you saw it. Now it's scrutinized and analyzed with a bunch of technicalities and aktualies.

It's boring and lame and isn't making the NBA better.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The annoyance is the same with catches in the NFL. Used to know a catch, or in this case, a dunk when you saw it. Now it's scrutinized and analyzed with a bunch of technicalities and aktualies.

It's boring and lame and isn't making the NBA better.
I really don't think it's the same at all. The NFL has changed the actual catch rule 2-3 times in the last couple years with varying interpretations along with some high profile WTF rulings. Charging as an offensive foul has remained unchanged for quite a long time, at least 10-15 years if not more. If your feet are set and you're outside the circle by the hoop, an offensive player can't barge in to you. I mean, Tim Duncan was great at doing this very thing -- quickly getting set to draw an offensive foul. I get you hate the NBA but that doesn't mean the gay, woke, BLM NBA has actually changed how it handles this kind of play.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I really don't think it's the same at all. The NFL has changed the actual catch rule 2-3 times in the last couple years with varying interpretations along with some high profile WTF rulings. Charging as an offensive foul has remained unchanged for quite a long time, at least 10-15 years if not more. If your feet are set and you're outside the circle by the hoop, an offensive player can't barge in to you. I mean, Tim Duncan was great at doing this very thing -- quickly getting set to draw an offensive foul. I get you hate the NBA but that doesn't mean the gay, woke, BLM NBA has actually changed how it handles this kind of play.

I'm not sure what wokeness has to do with this.

The point is most people watching that play recognize it as a clean dunk. If they hadn't called a charge nobody reasonable would be shaking their heads at another blown call. At best it was a fifty-fifty call that imo should always favor the play that is more exciting and interesting and obvious to the fans and players.

But like the NFL catch rules (and some MLB but they're pretty good about replay) even when the fans and players recognize a catch, the decision is sent to refs and instant replay and minutiae that distracts from the game. Aside from being boring, it takes the game away from what the spectators are witnessing.

The officiating of the game should be reinforcing what fans know and see, but instead is becoming a separate thing separated from the fan experience and from the game itself.

And the NBA has had nonstop tweaks of rules and officiating procedures, including charges and the restricted zone. So don't try to pretend the NBA obsessively scrutinizing and micromanaging the calls isn't analogous to the NFL doing the same, especially with the catch rules, because they haven't made asant or as broad of changes as the NFL has.

The fact you brought up wokeness and my presumed hatred for the NBA (when it's more disappointment and boredom) makes me think you're just disagreeing with me for emotional reasons and can't really make a concrete counter point.

The NBA has become obsessive in reviewing plays and has tweaked and "clarified" rules to the point it's a distraction and detraction from the actual game. Especially on a play like that where the average reasonable spectator sees an exciting and clean dunk, or maybe a good no call.

But no, the NBA like the NFL want to exert their control and power so they're controlling the games instead of working in service to the spirit of the game.

I'd rather the NBA just go to a "shoot for it" model at this point.... And if someone tried to claim a charge on that dunk and demand to shoot for it they'd rightfully be laughed off the court like the bitch they are. Like the bitch that NBA officiating has become.

DickTrickle

I was disagreeing with you because it's a charge, nothing more. You've clearly made your dislike of the current NBA well known and so my reference there was only to insinuate that you're the one seeing it through some kind of biased glasses, because I don't think that call has changed much at all. There's certainly been other mucking about with how the game is played and officiated, but that play isn't an example. A dunk being amazing shouldn't change whether an offensive foul occurs or not. That's the counter point, dude.

I mean, if you want to allow that play, so be it, but it's because you don't like the rules, not because that particular rule has changed or been enforced differently (anymore than it always has).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I was disagreeing with you because it's a charge, nothing more. You've clearly made your dislike of the current NBA well known and so my reference there was only to insinuate that you're the one seeing it through some kind of biased glasses, because I don't think that call has changed much at all. There's certainly been other mucking about with how the game is played and officiated, but that play isn't an example. A dunk being amazing shouldn't change whether an offensive foul occurs or not. That's the counter point, dude.

I mean, if you want to allow that play, so be it, but it's because you don't like the rules, not because that particular rule has changed or been enforced differently (anymore than it always has).

Yeah, NBA never obsesses or refocuses officiating on the fucking restricted zone or charges that are discussed ad nauseam by the league and interrupt the flow of the game as replays are in ultra slow mo to see if a players feet shuffle a millimeter.

And as stated, I think it was perhaps a fifty-fifty call that should have been a no call.... Kinda like the NBA with muh rules changes shit for the playoffs every fucking year and suddenly there's a secret book of playoff rules.

Ignoring that every game there are dozens of no calls on far more obvious fouls, including the accepted standard where players on dunks clear the defender with their forearm or pushoffs.

But suddenly it's super important the rules are followed, because aktually that's technically a foul even if the fans and players and coaches and anyone watching didn't think so.

It wasn't a hot topic because people wanted the dunk to count, rules be damned, but rather because the game is being micro managed by a bunch of slo-mo nerds and rules Nazis, and my some fucking miracle of retardation the NBA officiating somehow got worse from them constantly missing obvious calls in the past.

But yeah the real problem is my unrelated complaints about wokeness and that I just won't stop picking on the NBA. Why won't I just leave the NBA alone!!!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, you fucking retard.

• 1Edgelord

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Nearly ten years ago.

Thanks for proving my point?

Or do you not see the difference in those plays? One where the defender was planted and waiting and the offensive player still hadn't even begun to gather, and one where the defender was still moving into position as the offensive player was already in the air?

And you think the relevant argument on that play is that I dislike how the NBA is too woke?

DickTrickle

Yeah, NBA never obsesses or refocuses officiating on the fucking restricted zone or charges that are discussed ad nauseam by the league and interrupt the flow of the game as replays are in ultra slow mo to see if a players feet shuffle a millimeter.

And as stated, I think it was perhaps a fifty-fifty call that should have been a no call.... Kinda like the NBA with muh rules changes shit for the playoffs every fucking year and suddenly there's a secret book of playoff rules.

Ignoring that every game there are dozens of no calls on far more obvious fouls, including the accepted standard where players on dunks clear the defender with their forearm or pushoffs.

But suddenly it's super important the rules are followed, because aktually that's technically a foul even if the fans and players and coaches and anyone watching didn't think so.

It wasn't a hot topic because people wanted the dunk to count, rules be damned, but rather because the game is being micro managed by a bunch of slo-mo nerds and rules Nazis, and my some fucking miracle of retardation the NBA officiating somehow got worse from them constantly missing obvious calls in the past.

But yeah the real problem is my unrelated complaints about wokeness and that I just won't stop picking on the NBA. Why won't I just leave the NBA alone!!!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving, you fucking retard.

Now there's some emotional reasons, all right.

That you think those two videos are night and day differences makes it clear that even if you weren't an emotional mess right now that fruitful discussion would not happen. It is amusing though that you're all "fuck rule nazis" but then that only allows referees even more subjective leeway, like that will do any good. "Yeah, this might be a foul by the rules, but I've judged enough people will think it's pretty sweet so I'm not going to call it."

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Now there's some emotional reasons, all right.

That you think those two videos are night and day differences makes it clear that even if you weren't an emotional mess right now that fruitful discussion would not happen. It is amusing though that you're all "fuck rule nazis" but then that only allows referees even more subjective leeway, like that will do any good. "Yeah, this might be a foul by the rules, but I've judged enough people will think it's pretty sweet so I'm not going to call it."

Ur thuper mad!!! Great argument you dumb twat.

Funny thing is people (term used loosely) in this thread who hate me are going to want to argue, but then see the stupid example you cited of an obvious charge compared to one not so clear and not be sure what to do.

That's how retarded you're being.

DickTrickle

Ur thuper mad!!! Great argument you dumb twat.

Just like your "you're only disagreeing for emotional reasons." It's almost like you're too fucking stupid to see I was throwing that dumbass comment back at you.

I don't even watch the NBA as much as I used to, but not because "they took away the funz." Go scream at the clouds, old man.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Go scream at the clouds, old man.
McKIlOf.jpg

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just like your "you're only disagreeing for emotional reasons." It's almost like you're too fucking stupid to see I was throwing that dumbass comment back at you.

I don't even watch the NBA as much as I used to, but not because "they took away the funz." Go scream at the clouds, old man.

The comment I made because you started bleeding from your vagina mouth about how I, what, can't think a charge was a blown call because I don't like wokeness in professional sports. A non-sequitor argument that had nothing to do with the call in question.

You're the soft brain sort of moron that makes trolling so rewarding. Call you out as a faggot a few times and months or years later you can't help but argue anything against a username that triggers you. No matter how dumb the argument, the important thing is you have to argue.

Biding your time until you actually had a valid point to make would be more credible.

For instance, you link a video of a defender in position while the offensive player is still a step and a half from jumping as an own for me thinking perhaps a charge shouldn't have been called where the defensive player is still moving into position while the offensive player is already airborne.

Self-fucking-own because you're a moron. Kind of embarrassing. You went and searched for a video to own me and played yourself. LOL

Can't help yourself, so you move the goal posts, change to a new strawman argument, and then argue like a bitch on Facebook about how other people are just emotional messes and thooper emotional when you tried to bring up some retarded fucking point about my dislike of wokeness in sports that was an irrelevant, emotional argument.

Move the goal posts and make more irrelevant arguments like a bitch, bitch.

• 1WTF

DickTrickle

You're the soft brain sort of moron that makes trolling so rewarding. Call you out as a faggot a few times and months or years later you can't help but argue anything against a username that triggers you. No matter how dumb the argument, the important thing is you have to argue.

Your mental diarrhea aside, I don't really recall us having any memorable argument before. Maybe you're thinking of someone else or I've forgotten something, but it's hilarious that you think I've just been waiting in the wings for a chance to attack you, like you're that important.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Your mental diarrhea aside, I don't really recall us having any memorable argument before. Maybe you're thinking of someone else or I've forgotten something, but it's hilarious that you think I've just been waiting in the wings for a chance to attack you, like you're that important.

Are you drunk? Your hot take was literally that my opinion on a charge call was somehow biased because my judgement was so clouded by my dislike of wokeness in the NBA.

You seem to be the one unable to just engage in a basic argument or discussion of officiating based on my perspective on officiating. Inst ad you went with some idiotic point about my emotional state regarding the wokeness in the NBA.

And when I question what the fuck that was all about and beg you to simply make an argument based on the topic being discussed you can't shut up about projecting weird fucking accusations about my emotional state.

And when I question what the fuck THAT is all about you spazz like an emotionally imbalanced chimp with the equivalent of "nut uh you're the one melting down!!!"

You discuss topics like a menstruating bitch on Facebook.

And now your hot take is I'm not important enough to remember.... Which is why you quoted me about a fucking charge call and jumped to some nonsense about my opinions on wokeness and my perceived hatred for the game.

I'm not concocting some fantasy where you've got me on a list waiting to pounce. I'm just describing what you did. Responded to a fucking post about officiating with some bullshit about my personal emotional hatred of the NBA and wokeness.

If you think it was a good call, just make an argument for it instead of trying to imply I'm somehow incorrect (about a fucking opinion) based on your psychoanalysis of my feelings for irrelevant topics.

'You can't have an opinion on a charge call because you hate wokeness' isn't and argument you drunk retard.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I get you hate the NBA but that doesn't mean the gay, woke, BLM NBA has actually changed how it handles this kind of play

I don't know you, you're not important, but I've remembered your opinions on other unrelated topics, so your opinion comparing the overall state of NBA officiating and the NFL isn't correct!

I don't think it was a charge. I believe he was still sliding into position. I feel the obsession over the restricted circle and overzealous officiating and obsessive replay of plays has hurt the NBA. Similarly in the NFL. Where both sports now encourage refs and fans alike to treat sports plays like something on ncis where they "enhance" until they can technically prove it supports their opinion.

In live action I believe most reasonable fans see that as a clean dunk, not a charge. I don't think it even stands up to the aktually faggots.

I think the other clip you showed was retarded because it was a clear and obvious charge and it's pathetic you went searching for ammo and shot yourself in the dick.

You think my dislike of wokeness was so important to this conversation you brought it up, then tried to pretend you never even heard of me. Lucky guess is all, just randomly trying to call me out for unrelated opinions on unrelated topics.... That you totally didn't remember and think important to bring up.

Go back to Facebook, Karen.

• 1Imbecile

DickTrickle

Jesus Christ, Vanessa. And I'm the menstruating bitch? No, I'm not drunk, I just know that me seeing your user name doesn't make me spaz out in a rage wanting to argue. That's why I have no idea WTF you're going on about and was genuinely confused thinking you thought there was some long ago history or something. I know you love the sarcastic hyperbole but that entire line of thinking is completely nonsensical. I'm not pretending I've never heard of you, dipshit. If anything, the last thing of any substance I recall you posting was the Simone Biles stuff and I thought it was actually a decent take. You're whining about me ascribing motive to you and then you go whole hog on doing the same thing.

It was a good call because the defender was set (barely) and beat the offensive player to the spot (barely). In real time, that's bang bang, but I think it was defensible in real time and just as defensible slowed down. I think that given the actual rules on drawing a charge, it's absolutely nothing to get up in arms about. You want to make it about a bigger thing, officiating in the NBA over a multi-year perspective and how it's been made so much worse and this is only the latest example, and I'm just talking about this call, which to me is not at all out of the norm and not outside the rules. Replay didn't even come into play here either so it's not like the ref made an after the fact judgment.

Edit: In conclusion, and my only point from the beginning (which I made at the beginning), based on my view of it, It's a bad flag-bearer for the supposed downward trend of officiating. You can probably find a lot better examples of WTF officiating just watching Lebron for an entire game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like