NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Embiid already past his peak? Like does anyone think he can still get better?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Who would have guessed we'd see more COVID cases during cold and flu season. Since COVID is a glorified flu after all....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Its been going insane in the NHL and NFL the last 48 hours too. A lot of NHL games have been postponed now.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Holy shit how quickly Steph moves up the rankings.
Yeah the volume now is crazy compared to how it was. I remember hearing Nash talking about in retrospect he should have probably taken a lot more 3s back with the Suns. Back then you'd have dudes shooting 40 percent, but only taking like 4 shots a game.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The way Reggie Miller shoots up that list before the current Steph Curry era. Was Reggie Miller actually the one doing ng for the game on the court doing what Jordan was doing off the court and Curry just benefitted from the way Miller revolutionized the game? Really makes you think.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The way Reggie Miller shoots up that list before the current Steph Curry era. Was Reggie Miller actually the one doing ng for the game on the court doing what Jordan was doing off the court and Curry just benefitted from the way Miller revolutionized the game? Really makes you think.

No.

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
They were debating the other night which shooter between Allen, Miller or Curry, they would want taking a clutch three to win the game. They all went Curry. Nobody has a larger clutch gene than Reggie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the NBA was a MMO, the 3-point line would have been buffed by now.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Pretty cool

Props to Vince Carter on reinventing his game and retiring as 6th all time on 3 pointers made. I know he did it over a very long career, but 15 years ago most people probably thought he’d be done once he wasn’t dunking over people anymore.

• 1Like

Jozu

Credit to 2K for making LaMelo Ball so bad at dunking lol.

His real life preposterous self alley oop attempt made 2K lower his dunking ability lmao.

Too bad the game fucked up dunking in general with their stupid new dunk meter.

Frankly, dunking in real life is such a bang-bang sort of play that relegating any aspect of it (even trick dunks or alley-oops) to an on-the-fly precision meter is such a disservice to the actual feel of executing such a feat.

The obnoxious overlay is just the cherry on top on how fucking stupid it is. I bet its not in 2K23.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Props to Vince Carter on reinventing his game and retiring as 6th all time on 3 pointers made. I know he did it over a very long career, but 15 years ago most people probably thought he’d be done once he wasn’t dunking over people anymore.

I mean he was coming off the bench for his last 8 or 9 years of his career so was still a pretty dramatic fall off

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Going to Klay's return tonight. It's gonna be electric in that arena.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users