NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who thought the Warriors were gonna do anything?

There was a bit of early optimism about the Chris Paul acquisition. It faded pretty quickly from all but the goofiest of talking heads. People point to Klay & Draymond, but Steph is firmly in his decline. It may not show in his 3pt% or PPG, but it definitely shows in his percentages at the rim and his ability to get inside. I wouldn’t be surprised if his next contract is MLE level (around $13mil/yr) and he ends up more a Mike Conley type. The guy is 36 years old.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ehhh, I watch a ton a Warriors games and Steph is still great. Comparing him to Mike Conley is retarded.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ehhh, I watch a ton a Warriors games and Steph is still great. Comparing him to Mike Conley is retarded.

Oh for fucks sake man I’m not comparing their skill sets, fucking obviously. I’m saying he’ll end up a clever veteran PG leader for developing young players on a manageable contract, 3 years in the future. Not all that controversial a take.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I love that Orlando completely blew out the Cavs last night. You never know what a game is going to bring and that's one of the things I love about sports. The Magic were firmly dominated in the first two games and looked to be on a quick 0-4 exit and then they go and blow them out by 38.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3-0 on the Suns. Fuck yes!!!! It's so hard for me to get my hopes up as a Wolves fan, but hell yes!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Minny v Denver will be very interesting.

Luka looks like he bummed his knee last night, shot like shit and clippers still got pwnt and rusty buckets ejected.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Min vs Den will be interesting.

I expect the Mavs to step on the Clippers throats in game 4. I think the Mavs can beat OKC in round 2.