NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's just the worst.
For someone so concerned about their legacy, Lebron sure is a fake ass cry baby bitch. His bitch ass better get that bullet point on his other career achievements.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who thought the Warriors were gonna do anything?

There was a bit of early optimism about the Chris Paul acquisition. It faded pretty quickly from all but the goofiest of talking heads. People point to Klay & Draymond, but Steph is firmly in his decline. It may not show in his 3pt% or PPG, but it definitely shows in his percentages at the rim and his ability to get inside. I wouldn’t be surprised if his next contract is MLE level (around $13mil/yr) and he ends up more a Mike Conley type. The guy is 36 years old.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ehhh, I watch a ton a Warriors games and Steph is still great. Comparing him to Mike Conley is retarded.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ehhh, I watch a ton a Warriors games and Steph is still great. Comparing him to Mike Conley is retarded.

Oh for fucks sake man I’m not comparing their skill sets, fucking obviously. I’m saying he’ll end up a clever veteran PG leader for developing young players on a manageable contract, 3 years in the future. Not all that controversial a take.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I love that Orlando completely blew out the Cavs last night. You never know what a game is going to bring and that's one of the things I love about sports. The Magic were firmly dominated in the first two games and looked to be on a quick 0-4 exit and then they go and blow them out by 38.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3-0 on the Suns. Fuck yes!!!! It's so hard for me to get my hopes up as a Wolves fan, but hell yes!

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Minny v Denver will be very interesting.

Luka looks like he bummed his knee last night, shot like shit and clippers still got pwnt and rusty buckets ejected.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Min vs Den will be interesting.

I expect the Mavs to step on the Clippers throats in game 4. I think the Mavs can beat OKC in round 2.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LeBron getting swept 2 years straight by a guy who doesnt even care about basketball is hilarious.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Not sure why you guys are raggin on Lebron. He's already won the in-sesson championship. Gonna diss the greatest ever because he only won a single championship in a year? MJ and Bird never even came close to winning two in a year, and at least LeBron won one and is competing for a second championship. GOAT.

• 2Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
3-0 on the Suns. Fuck yes!!!! It's so hard for me to get my hopes up as a Wolves fan, but hell yes!
20 years since the last playoff series win, right? I'm happy for them. I was a big fan of them in the Wally Sczerbiak and Tom Gugliotta days. Wally was the only NBA quality player to ever come from my school.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Denver is going to repeat and I don't think any team is really going to challenge them too much.

Anthony Edwards is awesome though.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Denver is going to repeat and I don't think any team is really going to challenge them too much.

Anthony Edwards is awesome though.

They really don’t look all that unstoppable based on what I’ve seen in the Lakers series. I think Minnesota, Dallas, and the Celtics all match up quite well with them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They really don’t look all that unstoppable based on what I’ve seen in the Lakers series. I think Minnesota, Dallas, and the Celtics all match up quite well with them.

They're this generation's Spurs. Just boringly good. I don't they'll ever look unstoppable. But they'll always be inevitable. Jokic is the new Duncan.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They're this generation's Spurs. Just boringly good. I don't they'll ever look unstoppable. But they'll always be inevitable. Jokic is the new Duncan.

yeah I agree with that

I we’ll see what happens when KCP asks for some real money. They’ve been VERY lucky that Jamal hasn’t made All-NBA and his salary eligibility remains manageable.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scott Foster tried his best today to extend the series today, but we swept the Suns! Bring on the Nuggets!

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

If any team is going to do it, it's going to be Minnesota.

Which is a really weird fucking sentence to type.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
IMG_1265.JPG

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users