TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_2987.jpeg

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1 year/65 million. That's a hell of a deal. Good job Piston's FO!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That's a lot, but Bridges is pretty damn good.

Unless you’re the Celtics or Lakers, teams always have to overpay for the final piece of their championship roster.

They’re likely gonna lose Hartenstein, but this is absolutely a contender 1 through 9. Killer defense, tons of ball handling and shot creation, ability to play 5-out with Randle at center. Only real weakness is at the 5, and that’s the easiest position in the league to fill with vet minimums. They’ll struggle in the pick and roll without Isaiah but thats what the Celtics defend best anyway, so they wouldn’t try it much in a matchup.

Brunson/Mikal/OG/Randle/Robinson
Hart/Divincenzo/McBride/Sims

The 76ers must be on suicide watch this morning. There is no move in Free Agency I can see that allows them to deal with this new Knicks roster.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nice to see some East teams getting stronger instead of West ones. Pretty steep price though.

That's a VERY steep price. But seriously how often do those late first round picks contribute to a team. So worth it IMO.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
That's a VERY steep price. But seriously how often do those late first round picks contribute to a team. So worth it IMO.
I mean that's often how you end up building the core of a team. You get a pile of picks and some of them pan out. But it's all about timelines. You can't wait 3-4 seasons for a maybe when you want to win right now. They're taking a shot at real winning. I don't think this makes them better than Boston or Denver, but it might let them compete and some pretty wild shit can happen in a playoff series.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I mean that's often how you end up building the core of a team. You get a pile of picks and some of them pan out. But it's all about timelines. You can't wait 3-4 seasons for a maybe when you want to win right now. They're taking a shot at real winning. I don't think this makes them better than Boston or Denver, but it might let them compete and some pretty wild shit can happen in a playoff series.

It makes them tied with the second best team in the east, that being Milwaukee. I mean they did lose to Indiana in seven. Will they get past a Bucks team in seven with that roster? It's a tossup IMO.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Must be a huge bump in revenue coming?

Dolan will spend ton of money on the team. He did it when they were absolute shit so it's a no brainer he'll spend it now when they are good. It's one of the few good things about him as owner.

Sterling

El Presidente
Must be a huge bump in revenue coming?

new media deal is in place so the cap and max contracts are going up. There's a limit to how much they can go up, but Wemby's 2nd contract might be close to 80M a year.

• 1Mother of God

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who the fuck would want to deal with LeGmCoachGoatBron?!? The best thing he can do is gtfo finally, so the league and media can refocus on what's more important.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lakers will be bad. They will be scrapping for the play-in spot and still probably not make it. Then Lebron will retire after getting a year with his son, and he will be announced as the figured-head-owner of the new Las Vegas NBA team.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Lakers will be bad. They will be scrapping for the play-in spot and still probably not make it. Then Lebron will retire after getting a year with his son, and he will be announced as the figured-head-owner of the new Las Vegas NBA team.

The Lakers just said they’re willing to pay him $160mil over 3 years in a new contract… I don’t think Lebron, a man so cheap he brings his own snacks to games and won’t pay for Spotify Premium, walks away from $110 million.

The next expansion is still a couple years away.

• 1Worf