NBA 2023-24 Season Thread - The Lakers Lose, America Wins

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We fucking did it!!! Holy shit! Fuck you Scott Foster!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great finish minny. Looking forward to a fun wcf, happy to avoid mile high joker!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wild. The Nuggets have some soul searching to do this off season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I was hoping Denver would be able to pull off the 90s Rockets before the quick decline, but I'd love to see Minny take it this year. I still can't believe Minny outhustled the Nuggets at home with a probable championship on the line. Good job, Wolves.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Damn, I was hoping Denver would be able to pull off the 90s Rockets before the quick decline, but I'd love to see Minny take it this year. I still can't believe Minny outhustled the Nuggets at home with a probable championship on the line. Good job, Wolves.

If the Celtics lose the fans should burn the Garden to the ground.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All this talk about "face of the league", and it's clear, and has been, who the "next" face is - it's the Slovenian.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Good proofreading, ESPN.

1716607584258.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mavs aren’t even playing that well, thought we were much more locked in vs OKC.

Helps having two clutch basketball geniuses. Crazy Naz game, weird Ant games, no KAT for most of second half.

Watching this then watching ecf is like watching two different sports.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Weird how Luka Doncic is supposedly a tubby white boy but the son of Michael Jordan, Anthony Edwards, is getting oxygen in the tunnel while on the bench.

The kid isn’t remotely in the same conversation as Luka or the other top tier superstars in the league. What a goofy ass couple weeks that was lol. People swallowing media narratives like it was COVID or something.

Worst FG% over any 3-game span in the Playoffs in the last 3 seasons (>50 FGA):

1. 29.8% (17-57) | Ant Edwards | last 3 gms
  2. 30.0% (15-50) | Dillon Brooks | 2022

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I really like watching Edwards play, but the comparisons were premature. While he's a good player, he really has to use every bit of his freak athleticism to get his points at times, and it's clearly taking its toll.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I really like watching Edwards play, but the comparisons were premature. While he's a good player, he really has to use every bit of his freak athleticism to get his points at times, and it's clearly taking its toll.
Edwards is a jogger. Jordan is not a jogger.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Quaid

Trump's Staff
SGA was way more terrifying than Ant. Dude was unstoppable.

As a scorer I agree - but Dallas neutered his offensive output when they stopped fouling him in the mid-range. Their whole roster got real exposed by their lack of half court diversity, and Shai’s points per minute taking a hit from fewer trips to the line.

After watching that series I do wonder if he’s a championship level number 1 option. He’s not quite good enough a playmaker to be the weapon Joker or Lebron were in the runs, or the scoring threat Steph or Kawhi have been in recent years. And he’s certainly not the physical threat of Lebron or Giannis. OKC fans won’t admit it but Shai likely needs to be a 1b or 2nd option for them to really contend. Kinda reminds me of Derozan on the Raptors.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Mavs really do have the two best closers in the league lol

Luka/Kyrie vs Tatum/Brown should be a fun finals

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'll take Luka/Kyrie any day over the Celtics two lead guys... Where the Celtics might have a heavy advantage is with how insanely deep they are. Tatum, Brown, Holliday, White etc. Just an insanely deep team. I do think Jones Jr. and Washington/Green will help keep Tatum & Brown in check.

Also, sorta surprised by the Wolves gameplan. Towns has been awful, Gobert is a big nothing on offense and Dallas and Luka have constantly taken advantage of him in years past. Tonight's loss wasn't on Edwards.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Never would have imagined the Mavs would be on the brink of sweeping their way into the Finals. Dallas truly is the city of champions.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity