NCAA Tournament Challenge Bracket - ESPN

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Middle Tenn was favored anyways, especially after how they played last year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't know that middle Tennessee was favored per se, just wasn't all that much of an upset

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@ham update

I won NCAA 2014

@Drakain and I share title 2015.

I love how you only update your shit when you win.

About to get noodle to hand me reigns.

And a Snuggie.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So many salty articles about how the first day was boring and awful just because there weren't huge upsets. Must be the people that only watch when march comes around

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So many salty articles about how the first day was boring and awful just because there weren't huge upsets. Must be the people that only watch when march comes around

I think casuals love the upsets and chaos while purists want to see blue bloods play each other.

It's a tough call because a Kansas-Kentucky match up or Kansas-UNC match up in the Final Four would be great drama and bragging rights, but watching Kansas flame out early is always rewarding, and seeing the FGCUs (Dunk City) win unexpectedly against the Georgetowns is fun.

Personally I like an upset or two but I prefer seeing the higher seeds playing late in the tourney.

I'm 15/16 and was one late shot away from being perfect. Fucking Princeton.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think casuals love the upsets and chaos while purists want to see blue bloods play each other.

It's a tough call because a Kansas-Kentucky match up or Kansas-UNC match up in the Final Four would be great drama and bragging rights, but watching Kansas flame out early is always rewarding, and seeing the FGCUs (Dunk City) win unexpectedly against the Georgetowns is fun.

Personally I like an upset or two but I prefer seeing the higher seeds playing late in the tourney.

I'm 15/16 and was one late shot away from being perfect. Fucking Princeton.
Even though there weren't many upsets there were still a lot of really close games. Even the 1 seeds were close at the half.

I mean do people really expect every 3 seed to lose or something?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Even though there weren't many upsets there were still a lot of really close games. Even the 1 seeds were close at the half.

I mean do people really expect every 3 seed to lose or something?

You've got no complaints from me, I agree that it's been a really decent tourney so far.

Vandy - NW: unnecessary foul at the end costing Vandy the game
ND - Princeton: tight 5-12, Princeton had a chance of winning with 10 seconds left, missed 3
Middle Tenn - Minn: 5-12 upset (though not really)
VCU - StM: nice comeback by VCU after being down as much as 17, lost in the end but made it a game
WVU - Bucknell: gave up a commanding lead to give Bucknell a chance late
Nova - Mt St M: 1 vs 16 only up 1 at the half
Virginia - UNCW: was close I think
Xavier - MD: 11-6 upset (again not really)
FGCU was holding their own for a while against FSU

Largest margins were Nova against the 16 seed and Arizona against the 15 seed. Every other game was pretty tight ie. nice matchups.

Also: I watch too much basketball.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Okst and Michigan looking like it might come down to the last possession

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like Michigan is going to hold on. Don't see them making 55% of threes (16-29) in every game like this.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Michigan is going to hold on. Don't see them making 55% of threes (16-29) in every game like this.

I have Michigan moving on and beating Louisville in the next round, that may be a little greedy but they've been so hot, reminded me a little of 8 seed UConn a few years back and I don't buy all the ACC hype.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have Michigan moving on and beating Louisville in the next round, that may be a little greedy but they've been so hot, reminded me a little of 8 seed UConn a few years back and I don't buy all the ACC hype.
I don't either, but I also don't trust a team that needs to shoot 55% on 29 three pointers in order to win in a pretty close game. I don't think Louisville is as good as the experts keep claiming for sure though.

I mean if Michigan "only" shot 48% from 3 then they could have been looking at a loss

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I don't either, but I also don't trust a team that needs to shoot 55% on 29 three pointers in order to win in a pretty close game. I don't think Louisville is as good as the experts keep claiming for sure though.

I mean if Michigan "only" shot 48% from 3 then they could have been looking at a loss

LOL, don't look now...

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Jesus those free throws ended up being real important at the end

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well still 100%, even though I was rooting for okst. I actually have Michigan beating Louisville too, but it looks like they are going to have to stay on fire with the threes in order to keep progressing. They got embarrassed in rebounds by a team that isn't all that great in that area

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Michigan is 264th in rebound margin, at -1.9. Didn't know it was that bad, but makes sense