NCAA Tournament Challenge Bracket - ESPN

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know that middle Tennessee was favored per se, just wasn't all that much of an upset

I don't know why you have to say "per se", they were literally favored. There's no conversation, the team expected to win, won.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
PAC-12 5-0, confirmed all PAC-12 Final Four!

Also: I'm going for the first time this year, can't wait.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My very worst bracket is the one I did for this group. 7.8% is just dog shit. My best bracket so far is 95% but I had SMU advancing in round two as well as Creighton, so all is lost now.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
If Villanova loses to Wisconsin.. all my brackets will be busted.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Overall #1 seed goes down. B1G confirmed greatest conference of all time.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, what a tourney! WVU slams back in and Duke says, "Thank you, Nova!" Just need some Shockers magic and this weekend is complete

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Jesus these refs are awful in the Northwestern gonzaga game. How do you not see the guy go up through the hoop with his hand to block, and then compound your fuckup with a technical on the coach when he bitches about your ineptitude. 4 point swing right there in a close game

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Arizona wins an ugly one. Bear Down!

PAC-12 6-0 Conference of Champions confirmed greatest conference all-time!

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I seriously thought the ACC was tops this year....until most of them got BTFO. Now I know how SEC football fans feel. Got the best but most of the rest....ugly.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I seriously thought the ACC was tops this year....until most of them got BTFO. Now I know how SEC football fans feel. Got the best but most of the rest....ugly.

Yup, ACC record so far hasn't been stellar. However, we could still very well see 2-3 ACC Final Four teams which would make up for their early exits. Would basically show that the top of the ACC is really good this year (and would put an argument that the ACC was indeed the best), but the middle-bottom are not as strong as they were last year.

Thing with football is how it is formatted. It does not really have much of a round-robin as basketball, so bias is much less of a factor at the end when it comes to basketball. Only "bias" that can be perceived in basketball is the seeding in the tournament, but that team still has to play multiple teams to get to the end.

This L'ville / Michigan game is a good game so far. Michigan has me scared with their ability to shoot 3s.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
and The Big 10 shows again they are underestimated. Glad it could be Michigan to do it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
ACC overrated all year. I remember Virginia being 18-8 and in the top 20, that's criminal. Then scored 39 points for the game! They had 17 points 5 minutes into the second half!

I had only 3 ACC teams making it to the Sweet 16: Duke, NC and FSU and then FSU shit the bed against Xavier who had 13 losses in the Big East. At the 7 minute mark of the second half, FSU cut the lead to 20.

I thought Louisville was overseeded and didn't like their matchups against either Michigan or OkSt and picked Michigan to the Sweet 16.

What's laughable is that some people thought Syracuse @ 18-14 should have been in, to give the ACC ten teams in the tourney. LOL!!!

Sorry if anyone's team lost but man it's tough to hear the ACC love year after year, the favorable seeding, the favorable coverage, etc, etc. It's exactly what the SEC gets in football.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah ACC might be a bit overrrated but I've never subscribed to the idea that when a conference doesn't do well in the tournament that they just weren't good that year. Teams sometimes don't play well, sometimes their opponent is just on fire, sometimes they get bad draws, etc. Every single team in the tourney has likely lost to a team that didnt even make it to the tourney, so there's really no reason that by the second round any team couldn't lose if they have an off night.

But I agree, people whining about Syracuse were being ridiculous. They were just bad this year, winning against some good teams doesn't erase losing against even more mediocre to bad teams

One thing is at least in basketball there are more cross conference games where big teams play each other so you can at least how they stack up before the tournament. Football is just awful, most SEC teams don't play a single good team outside of their conference until the bowl games or playoffs. Sometimes they play one game against a non conference team that is actually decent

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah ACC might be a bit overrrated but I've never subscribed to the idea that when a conference doesn't do well in the tournament that they just weren't good that year. Teams sometimes don't play well, sometimes their opponent is just on fire, sometimes they get bad draws, etc. Every single team in the tourney has likely lost to a team that didnt even make it to the tourney, so there's really no reason that by the second round any team couldn't lose if they have an off night.

But I agree, people whining about Syracuse were being ridiculous. They were just bad this year, winning against some good teams doesn't erase losing against even more mediocre to bad teams

That's fine but when the ACC runs the tourney, it's all ACC best conference! It goes both ways.

UNC wins ACC but loses the tournament, 7 losses: 1 seed.
Duke wins the tournament, 11-7 in conference, finishes 5th: 2 seed.

Arizona wins PAC12 tournament (beating AP #3 and #5 along the way) and co-champs in conference, final AP #4: 2 seed.
Oregon co-champ PAC12, 5 losses on the year, lose in championship game of tournament, final AP #9: 3 seed.
Kentucky wins SEC tournament and conference, 5 losses on year, final AP #5: 2 seed.

There were people (Jay Bilas for one) clamoring for UNC and Duke as 1 seeds. Fucking joke. ACC beats up on each other and it's oh, but these are two top notch teams gutting it out against each other. Everyone else beats up on each other: inconsistent play.

I'm a PAC12 homer for sure, but ACC can suck it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Every single team in the tourney has likely lost to a team that didnt even make it to the tourney, so there's really no reason that by the second round any team couldn't lose if they have an off night.

Arizona losses on the year: Gonzaga, UCLA, Oregon, Butler

2 seed.

Also: I do agree with you on all counts, I just think it's funny the double standards.

• 2Solidarity