Nepal 7.9 Earthquake

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Hollywood has been lying to me! Avalanches don't make a sound!
In this caes, that's because the sound actually happened before the videotaping, and it took time for the avalance to come all the way down to hit EBC

I was at Denali base camp last year and there was definitely a "crack" sound before this coming down on the NW face of Mt.Hunter.

rrr_img_95743.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
avalanches definitely make noise, its just not the hollywood kind of noise. that video footage is crazy. chick who lived in the next town from me was killed in that.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Having been to Nepal a couple of times trekking this tragedy sucks as the country is beautiful and i've pretty much found the people really nice and friendly. People caught on the upper part of the mountain are partially screwed as they have zero skills in downclimbing minus fixed ropes. The Khumbu must be totally wrecked after the avalanche and that is pretty much the most dangerous part of the climb - if the weather is in a warm window it will be a nightmare trying to get folk back..Maybe they can chopper them out of something. Personally I think 17 people is a lucky escape from base camp, could have been a hell of a lot worse - as said above BC is full of trekkers and stuff this time of year.

5k dead total now. and wow 18 dead at Everest... that's like 25% of the people on the planet who are even capable of Everest.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
5k dead total now. and wow 18 dead at Everest... that's like 25% of the people on the planet who are even capable of Everest.
Over 5k people have stood on the top of the world as of now. Mountains like Annapurna, K2 and Kangchenjunga are alot more committing, require much more technical skill/knowledge, have worst weather and are far riskier. I don't think we will ever see a day when K2 or Annapurna are fixed rope walks - I hope not anyhow.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Well the people who need these fixed ropes from top to bottom and an army of sherpas are the ones who are paying to get to the top of the worlds highest mountain. They aren't interested in the Second highest mountain (far more difficult than Everest).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You guys are hilarious. Mankind's history is filled with taking environments that we could never "conquer" and doing just that. All those mountains need are people with the money to be interested.

We alter our environment to suit us. Its what we do.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I hope you fucking homos who are saying Everest is so easy have climbed it yourself without oxygen or guides, to show us lazy bros how easy it is.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everest is still a serious fucking risk. People die every single year on that mountain, Sherpas included. Clueless fucking forum warriors in this thread.

List of people who died climbing Mount Everest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Add to the fact, that nearly all of the bodies are just left there for eternity. Once in the "death zone", you are fighting for your own life for each and every breath. No one is risking their life hauling down corpses. Honestly something like 200+ bodies on the mountain out of the 250'ish deaths.

Over 200 Dead Bodies on Mount Everest

But yea, whatever forum bros... it's just a walk up a cold hill. *rolleyes*

As of 2011 about 1,000 climbers a yearattemptto reach the summit, and on average 15-20 perish.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everest is still a serious fucking risk. People die every single year on that mountain, Sherpas included. Clueless fucking forum warriors in this thread.

List of people who died climbing Mount Everest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Add to the fact, that nearly all of the bodies are just left there for eternity. Once in the "death zone", you are fighting for your own life for each and every breath. No one is risking their life hauling down corpses. Honestly something like 200+ bodies on the mountain out of the 250'ish deaths.

Over 200 Dead Bodies on Mount Everest

But yea, whatever forum bros... it's just a walk up a cold hill. *rolleyes*
Don't you know? If B is harder than A, then A is super easy. It's logic man. Take a math class.