Netflix or Amazon Prime?

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never used the streaming service.

I bought so much shit from prime i know they were not making much money from me. I would run out of shit like paper towels and jump on amazon to order that shit just cause I'm fucking lazy. I also had huge shit like grills and pickup truck bed liners shipped free.

Now that they charge tax I find myself shopping around more though.

consci_sl

shitlord
For TV shows Netflix, movies Prime. Or both cuz Netflix is cheap and for what you get with Prime anyways is awesome and the streaming just comes with it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm another one that has had Prime for years for the shipping, but Netflix for media. I tried using Prime for media once, and it was fucking terrible.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
IDK what you guys are saying how bad Prime is. I probably have 10 or so movies in my queue to watch eventually. Like I said I wouldn't buy Prime just for the streaming but it is a very nice addition. Their library of movies isn't bad. I just watched Rango the other day on it! It was great!

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
Netflix mostly, but there are a few shows that AP has that Netflix doesn't.

AP's free shipping is awesome. My desk, which is huge and heavy as fuck was shipped free. I'd like to know how much money they lost on that transaction. On a side note, if buying furniture from Amazon, sometimes their price with free shipping is much more than buying elsewhere and paying for shipping.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for furniture on AP now. I am buying tons of shit from Amazon since getting it. Definitely getting my money's worth (6 mo free for students).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon charging tax is a state by state thing depending on the law.

One of the best things about Prime is 75% of the things I order actually come the next day. I think that has more to do with where I live since they have huge distribution centers in both Indiana and Wisconsin. I ordered an exercise bike for my mother in law in November on a Thursday afternoon and it was on her doorstep Friday morning.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
IDK what you guys are saying how bad Prime is. I probably have 10 or so movies in my queue to watch eventually. Like I said I wouldn't buy Prime just for the streaming but it is a very nice addition. Their library of movies isn't bad. I just watched Rango the other day on it! It was great!
If you are going to go ahead and create a queue on your PC ahead of time, I'm sure it's manageable, but the interface on a streaming device blows for searching for something to watch. It's not an arguable point, it's objectively shit.

ethanael_sl

shitlord
I've had Amazon purely for shipping, but now we're digging into the movie/tv selection since I dropped off of cable and replaced it with a Roku. Interface isn't too bad on Roku. Their auto-suggestion when searching is pretty fast, which makes that more bearable.

Wasn't a huge fan of Netflix in the past, but I might pair Netflix + Prime with this Roku depending on how things go. For now I'll use prime (decent selection) and just rent tv/movies through them if needed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you are going to go ahead and create a queue on your PC ahead of time, I'm sure it's manageable, but the interface on a streaming device blows for searching for something to watch. It's not an arguable point, it's objectively shit.
I used the PS3 to set up the queue. Just go to the most popular prime content and just keep scrolling until you see something interesting. Add it to your watch list. Once you've depleted that list then do it again.

Silver Knight of the Realm
They charge tax now?! Is that just in Texas or something?
A lot of places charge tax if they have a physical location in your state. Amazon is building a distribution center here in TN, but they negotiated for no sales tax collection for a few years as part of coming here.

Technically you are probably supposed to pay sales or use tax to your state if you purchase items online, but there's no feasible way for them to track it bro.

Edit: Short read from Forbes on it if you're interested:http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwo...es-tax-online/

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Just chiming in that I too dig Amazon prime but only for the shipping and as someone mentioned it's ok in a pinch for streaming but I prefer Netflix.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know in Illinois there was a whole section on my 2011 taxes where I was supposed to claim all my internet purchases. Even if I wanted to claim all that, it would've been a ridiculous task.

Now that I'm in California, I pretty much get screwed by online sales tax by everyone.

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know in Illinois there was a whole section on my 2011 taxes where I was supposed to claim all my internet purchases. Even if I wanted to claim all that, it would've been a ridiculous task.

Now that I'm in California, I pretty much get screwed by online sales tax by everyone.
Sorry to continue the derail bros (Netflix is superior to Prime streaming by far but I order everything from Amazon, including some of my staple food items. Prime $$ working for me.). I just wanted to add that one of the better arguments (imo) for flat-rate sales taxes nation-wide was that online retailers would be able to collect sales tax on every order and simply pay said taxes to their customers' states and it would be a nice, easy to implement thing.

Rhedd

Molten Core Raider
As others have said, depends on how much actual physical items you order thru prime. As an a streaming service only, netflix wins.