Neverwinter: PC

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Granted I am only lvl 5 so far but due to the fact you can dodge in all directions easy and the monsters, including bosses, all have slow ass animation speed attacks you can kill non packed fights with never getting touched.

I seriously hope they adjust that.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
THe by far best part of the game is the foundry system.

More games need to rip off this tool (it is way better than eq2s version).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man what a bummer. I got pretty excited for the game after watching the foundry videos done by the developers at various game conferences. It looked like it was going to be great for someone like me, i.e the guy who wants to make modules in NWN but has too much ADD to actually take the time to learn how to do it. Just to clarify, this game is bad as an MMO, or just bad all together as a video game?

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Imo, it isnt bad at all.

And if you are a backseat developer/designer the foundry system is great.

You can make tons of "dungeons/quests/etc." in an arcing storyline system all tied together. There is a person that is tying together 8 self designed foundry zones as an epic series currently. If you put the time into learning the tool you can add tons of content that isnt a waste of time like how eq2 handles their dungeon creation tools.

There is work that does need to be done on the other aspects of the game yet though. They need to make more item models/textures and it wouldnt hurt to add more unique loot into the game also to make people possible feel the "oh damn" moment of yesteryears mmo.

bayr_sl

shitlord
So where does the DnD factor into this thing because my cleric was throwing magic lances as an auto attack and it was like a herky jerky third person diablo clone

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any idea why the game is capped at 60fps without vsync?

Is it designed that way? a bug? Am I retarded?

Kaljin

N00b
It just feels like a typical Perfect World MMO. It isn't horrid but it isn't anything special either; the animations could use some work and the graphics are "decent" but to me the game play is rather uninspired.

I was hoping for something much better but also at the same time didn't get my hopes due to who was developing it... I guess it's a good "filler" MMO when you're not in the mood to play yourmaingame.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did good enough to win a potion bottle...

Seriously who gives out glass potion bottles at a convention???

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've only been playing a few hours, but I do like the game for what it is. It's not something I see myself playing hardcore or anything but it's definitely fun. It kind of reminds me of just a Diablo/Dungeon crawler type game and the art style is a little similar to Fable. All done in traditional MMO style of course.

I don't expect any really amazing PvE content later on at all, but I'm having fun for right now. I'm just now checking out some of the foundry quests people made and this shit is cool as balls so far. I can see some people are going to make long chains that will probably be better than the devs make, but we shall see. ...anybody have any clue how to fuck about in the foundry though? I haven't a clue.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has anyone done a foundry quest yet that comes a bit closer to the complexity of a DDO quest? So far I have only seen rooms, corridors stairs and shallow water where you can wade through, and some traps. Stuff like underwater-play, complex trigger sequences, more interesting traps and such?

Story and dialogue can still do a lot to make a good foundry quest but so far it seems as if the tools for the foundry are rather limited when it comes to the map itself.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For me it is the animations and the combat that are letting this game down so bad, I agree the foundry is a very good idea and the few I have done whilst being very liner you can really see the potential still. But when you are running around and fighting it just looks and feels so awkward, your character looks/moves like someone has stuck 2 metal rods shaped like a cross inside their clothes. Just horrible to play and look at, environment looks decent that is about it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well I guess I'm used to Halflings having general shit animations or dumb bodies so I haven't noticed it too much, but there is still room for polish. NPC's have decent animations imo outside of the quest chat things.

It's fun because it's not totally a typical MMO and I went into it expecting a complete pile of shit. But just like every other MMO ever, I'll quit playing within a month. Luckily it's free.

Any keys left?
redface.png

redface.png