Neverwinter: PC

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Aw nuts. I was in for all of 30 seconds before the server blew up. Just like that time with your mom.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Played briefly after the patch, but the servers went down. It's not very obvious, but your free full respec is through a button you push on the bottom of your powers page. It brings up a panel to let you total respec, every character got one for this patch. That said, my wizard's spec is exactly the same post-patch, so I'm just saving my free respec for a rainy day.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So leveling from 60-70 looks pretty horrible actually. It's 3 zones where you grind out sets of repeating low-xp quests that rotate hourly, with I guess some story instances thrown into each transition. There seems to be a number of bugs if you try to group up to speed up the quests. And forget the "scaled" campaign zones - they are death traps until you have actual lv70 gear. Dread Ring wasn't impossible but Sharandar is absolute assrape.

The updates seem nice - some new powers and feats, a flood of people leveling a tank/healer class, more ways to get refinement shit, and a loot reset that involves doing all the same things over again in reworked dungeons (but it's all new to me, so idgaf) A 4th artifact slot, hah. I still have the one green.

So these daily keys on the campaign window that replaced the old dungeon unlocks (valinrda, maelbog etc) - is this something you just buy once, and then you get the dungeon key daily for free? Or is that cost for each key?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Paladin is up to level 32. Seems quite strong, I went with the healer spec as I already have my guardian fighter up there and tank specced. Looking forward to see what it can do at the later levels, as pretty much everything destroys the early game content. Looks like it gets into some player-targeted big heals later though (as opposed to the devoted cleric just dropping big heal circles on shit) so that might get a bit more difficult, it is much easier to just drop shit standing at range than it is trying to target people running all over, especially when you are trying to melee stuff (which is also running all over) at the same time. The class is definitely frontloaded with the good abilities, by level 5 you have a medium range charge that does AoE damage, it just obliterates stuff, and a huge heavy hitting daily.

I will have to give some of the old campaign dailies a try, I only did a handful on the preview server and while they were a bit worse than usual, I got through them on my GF, though I have the T2.5 (T3? whatever the fuck it is) Draconic Templar gear which comes in at ilvl 116, while the regular T2 stuff is ilvl 92. So that might have been the difference. I totally neglected my stable of level 60s, heh, they are just invocation mules for now. Which, by the way, has become a pretty serious pain in the ass if you are trying to keep it up on multiple characters.

Faltigoth

Right now, almost assuredly paladin. After the inevitable nerfs in a week or two, it will be back to Guardian Fighter. It feels like the paladin has more aggro tools at its disposal, does more DPS, and will be better at grabbing and maintaining aggro, but the fighter is better at actually taking damage due to the superior shield mechanic.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
EDIT: Figured it out. Apparently it was because my gamepad had a trigger button being mashed in the drawer its currently stuffed into. Which is an odd thing, because NW disabled gamepad support back in beta.

What the shit I'm in game and I have to press keys 1-5 times for them to register. No one else seems to have the issue. I'm not lagged.

I tried to post to the bug forum but I have no fucking idea what my login is because it's not the same as the game and I get redirected all over the place.

Faltigoth

Well, my paladin hit 70. This has to be the most half-assed implementation of a level increase that I have ever seen, and I borderline love this stupid game. They essentially took all the old campaign content, moved it from level 60 to level 70 (well, you can try to do it while levelling up, but it is ridiculously hard because of the terrible scaling); took some of the old dungeons, made THEM level 70 - and also ridiculously hard because of massive, impossible to mitigate damage - and introduced new armor/currency for them (minus set bonuses). The only new content is the levelling (read: repetitive, poorly implemented hourly task completion) zones; there is no real new max level content, it is the same as the old stuff except relative player power has been cut in half and mob power has been multiplied by a factor of 3 or 4.

In other words, I am not sure WTF. A new carrot, not as good as the old carrot, to chase in the same dungeons you have been running since the first week of launch. I get it, it's a free game, but holy shit, there has to be a better way than that to introduce a level cap increase. I can't think of any other game that has introduced a new max level without actually adding new max level content.

Despite all that, I am still going to play awhile because I am an idiot.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
players were waaaaaaaaay too strong before so i'm totally on board with making the game harder, like it used to be.

Now if only they had 86'd artifacts and artifact equipment along with resetting gear then this game would be worth playing still.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
At 1680 ilevel with full blues and rank 7's I have 60k hp. The only way I can improve this is clearing dungeons. The trash in the entry tier l70 dungeons apparently hits for 80-120k after mitigation. Regular world mobs hit for up to 15k in packs of 3-5. Hell, a "solo" lair boss was hitting for 45k.

This isn't "making the game harder", this is Diablo 3 Inferno at launch. Right now, the only people getting anywhere at all in dungeons are people who bought a full set of 70 pvp gear on the first day, and that vendor was removed. If the whales are getting shitstomped in the first tier of dungeons, how the hell is anyone else going to do it?

I just need to figure out how to get Fox Cunning on a half second cooldown. That and lolroot spec are the only things making the game possible as a HR.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So I downloaded this on Xbox one...How can I make a paladin or is that not possible on console?

Edit: Nope cant do it. None of the official sites seemed to clarify but I found a random forum post that Paladin is on its way later to Console...

Which means I have no idea what class to play - literally play Paladin in everything.

Faltigoth

Wonders of Gond event this weekend - looks like some extraordinarily tedious farming to get a chance at a rare mount.

Gunnar - play Control Wizard. You will dominate the lands, stride about the Sword Coast like a colossus, and make all others tremble in your wake. Then you will play a paladin when it gets to Xbox, for maybe 10 minutes, and be like, uh, fuck this, I am going back to wizard. If you are not sure you are ready to be the King Shit, play rogue instead; you will be the Prince Shit. And if that is too much, then go for devoted cleric. Guardian Fighter, stay away, wizards 'tank' better by pretty much ensuring nothing survives long enough to hit anyone, and if it somehow manages to survive it can't move. Warlock? Ehhh....if you are going to do something like that, play wizard. Ranger? Not bad, but everything they bring to the table a wizard does 10 times better. Great Weapon Fighter? Nothing like being stuck in melee range swinging at one thing, while a wizard is standing there in the back somewhere drinking a coffee with one hand while he clears the room with the other and has three elf women servicing him in the meanwhile.

So yeah, wizards pretty much dominate all aspects of the game; top tier DPS, top tier control, always needed in - and usually the most important member of - any and all dungeon / skirmish groups. They stack with each other incredibly well; so well, in fact, that they make most other classes unnecessary. They are the Chuck Norris of Neverwinter...at least in the current era on Xbox. They are no longer godlike beings on the PC, but they are still hands down the most powerful and versatile class by a huge margin.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wonders of Gond event this weekend - looks like some extraordinarily tedious farming to get a chance at a rare mount.

Gunnar - play Control Wizard. You will dominate the lands, stride about the Sword Coast like a colossus, and make all others tremble in your wake. Then you will play a paladin when it gets to Xbox, for maybe 10 minutes, and be like, uh, fuck this, I am going back to wizard. If you are not sure you are ready to be the King Shit, play rogue instead; you will be the Prince Shit. And if that is too much, then go for devoted cleric. Guardian Fighter, stay away, wizards 'tank' better by pretty much ensuring nothing survives long enough to hit anyone, and if it somehow manages to survive it can't move. Warlock? Ehhh....if you are going to do something like that, play wizard. Ranger? Not bad, but everything they bring to the table a wizard does 10 times better. Great Weapon Fighter? Nothing like being stuck in melee range swinging at one thing, while a wizard is standing there in the back somewhere drinking a coffee with one hand while he clears the room with the other and has three elf women servicing him in the meanwhile.

So yeah, wizards pretty much dominate all aspects of the game; top tier DPS, top tier control, always needed in - and usually the most important member of - any and all dungeon / skirmish groups. They stack with each other incredibly well; so well, in fact, that they make most other classes unnecessary. They are the Chuck Norris of Neverwinter...at least in the current era on Xbox. They are no longer godlike beings on the PC, but they are still hands down the most powerful and versatile class by a huge margin.
This message paid for by The National Wizards Alliance

You I trigue me though I've never played an mmo wizard. Here is my crux....do I get cool armor?

Gotta look good to kick ass

Faltigoth

You do; the wizard armor is not all that bad looking. And I don't even play wizard; it is one of the few classes I haven't levelled to 60. It is truly pretty ridiculous how imbalanced they are in comparison to everything else, especially in the era on the XBox. Try it...they start kind of slow; by level 30 though, you start to hit your stride and shit gets real in a hurry.

Saban_sl

shitlord
How OP or not OP is the ranger class?

Also first time playing in so long and couldnt figure out why the game looked so blurry and shitty no matter what graphics setting i had it set at. Resolution Scale slider is an option ive never seen before.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in a while, but when I was active a few months ago, rangers were mostly middle of the pack. Class balance is (or was?) mostly wizard or rogue.... and then everyone else.