Neverwinter: PC

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Suggestions for Gateway? I've got like level 12 leadership, almost 13... and like platesmithing and mailsmithing at 4-5. Should I buy a 4th companion or is there an in-game companion I can buy/farm? I've got a vicious dire wolf, phoera and a damaran shepherd and got autoassigned a gimp for my 4th companion for the tier 1 Sword Coast Adventure I did. I've got about 470k in diamonds, mostly from when I played a bit previously on a cleric who's now 39. I've just kinda kept working the quests I logged out with, but seem to be a few levels higher than anyone else I see.

I'd buy the polar bear mount from the zen store, but I've got a founders great horse or something that's +3, and the bear is only 80% travel speed. There a way to upgrade them?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is the Rerolled guild not listed for recruitment? When I did a search for it, I found nothing.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm not certain, but I think the guild leader has to post the guild on the public guild list for it to be searchable by anyone. Join the rerolled channel and ask for an invite, if someones online they should get you, all ranks have invite rights. Can also send me a friend request at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */and I'll get you next time I'm on.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
lol, finally figure out how to start a campaign and the first step is come back tomorrow.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I clicked the thing and thought it was going to send me on a quest or something. Nope, it's just a background mission.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
So I just did the dailies associated with assisting the harpers... and can do nothing else. So this is basically a gating mechanism? When time expires if I've done what it's asked it opens up the next (Order of the Gauntlet), then the process repeats for the duration of the 'campaign' ?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
One thing I learned about PVP in Neverwinter the hard way is that once you get to level 60, success in PVP is pretty much entirely based on how good your gear is. I PVPed a lot while levelling up and the matches were fun when everyone else is in crappy green/blue levelling gear. As soon as I turned 60, I was getting insta-gibbed by players whose gear score was several thousand points higher than mine.

What this game needs is a matchmaking algorithm similar to what GW2 uses that incorporates gear scores,an ELO system, etc. to create competitively similar teams.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I just did the dailies associated with assisting the harpers... and can do nothing else. So this is basically a gating mechanism? When time expires if I've done what it's asked it opens up the next (Order of the Gauntlet), then the process repeats for the duration of the 'campaign' ?
It is; all the campaigns are time-gated in one way or another, either by repeating stuff x number of times or needing y amount of currency that you can only get a small amount of per day. The tyranny of dragons one seems worse than the others though, hell, you got 14+ days of crap to do before you can open up the dungeons/skirmishes at the end - which seem to be damn near the only dungeons/skirmishes that you can do for the regular daily dungeon/skirmish quests. From what I can tell, unless you start dropping cash on campaign currency/unlock stuff, it takes around a month to max out Sharandar / Dread Ring; Icewind Dale and Tyranny of Dragons I am not finished with yet, but it looks like they might take a little longer.

Still worth slogging through though as those are going to scale up to 70 when the expansion hits and be part of that levelling process. On the one hand, hey, that is awesome that they aren't going to totally shitcan their current max level content at the level raise. On the other hand, it seems a cheap way to skimp on adding new content by extending the life of old stuff. I guess your point of view varies by how much you enjoy the game.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
15% in-game coupons dropping for Zen store stuff is clever. Got me to bite on the Black Dragon Ioun Stone.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I am already bored of this. The level cap is literally nothing but dailies and doing dungeons for one hour every few hours.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
The guild isn't hidden from searches so it should show up. The search function is really, really wonky so sometimes you have to search multiples times before it will show up. Just do a search for "rerol", "reroll", "rerolle" and then "rerolled". Should show up after one of those hopefully. If not join the rerolled in game channel, hopefully someone is in there.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Geared my GWF up to 13k, then I rediscovered my TR. Now to gear that up and ditch this useless fighter.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So at 60 do I just buy whatever the cheapest epics are to have a starting point and then save up for whatever the top hunter set turns out to be after the expansion settles? Bear in mind I'll only have about 55k because rather than doing the daily "run the same shit 4 times" bs I've just been playing through the leveling zones and outleveling all of the daily dungeons without ever seeing a group.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You can buy top end gear now for at or even under it's salvage cost for level 60. As I understand it, they are moving to a bind on pickup and bind on account system for dungeon drops at level 70, so in the expansion you won't be able to buy much gear, will have to farm it all yourself.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So at 60 do I just buy whatever the cheapest epics are to have a starting point and then save up for whatever the top hunter set turns out to be after the expansion settles? Bear in mind I'll only have about 55k because rather than doing the daily "run the same shit 4 times" bs I've just been playing through the leveling zones and outleveling all of the daily dungeons without ever seeing a group.
I wouldn't even bother with that at this stage, gear should change dramatically with the new level cap. So unless you can get it for salvage cost, meh, don't bother. Even full epics is only like 11k GS.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I grabbed the stuff that was like 3-4k a piece. Most of them were severe undercuts at equal or even below salvage.. thanks? It's the T1 set with all the arpen and 20% off cooldown proc, so I put crit in the other slots. T2 stuff looks like it still hovers a bit above salvage and would actually cost some AD.

When you say epics are only 11k gs - what pushes it up to the magic 20k line that seems to be the universal minimum, high rank gems that will take months to afford? That's probably beyond the scope of me giving a shit about the game, but we'll see.