New Fable Remake?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is this a remake of Fable 1? If so it was basically the worst game of all time thanks to Peter "Liar" Molyneuax or whatever the fuck his dumbass name is. Doesn't even deserve the time it would take me to look it up. I'd rather spend that time calling him a cocksucking pig fart.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Meh I'd rather a Fable MMO and fully embrace he humour and 'fun' of the world.

"basically the worst game of all time" I hope you are joking..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fable 1... completed in 5 hours. Peter said it would take us so long to beat it and they'd have all this crazy shit. Didn't deliver on any promise. Never had the dragon in the game, yet all the artwork and resources were datamined and found within the game. Guy basically blew smoke up everyones asses. Game sucked DICK.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am so sick to death of HD remakes, and if they are going to make an HD remake, how about remaking games that didn't suck.

If I wanted to play a Fable game that didn't suck, I would replay Fable II, which doesn't need a remake.

Remakes I would welcome:

1) Dungeon Keeper
2) Lands of Lore
3) Legends of Kyrandia
4) Syndicate (The old game)
5) AD&D Gold Box Games

Not this garbage.

I hope to God no one buys it.

Remember when Molyneux stated you would be able to plant a tree and come back and it would be grown after some gametime passed?
rolleyes.png

Cash grab. Easy cash grab with little to no effort.

rolleyes.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am so sick to death of HD remakes, and if they are going to make an HD remake, how about remaking games that didn't suck.

If I wanted to play a Fable game that didn't suck, I would replay Fable II, which doesn't need a remake.

Remakes I would welcome:

1) Dungeon Keeper
2) Lands of Lore
3) Legends of Kyrandia
4) Syndicate (The old game)
5) AD&D Gold Box Games

Not this garbage.

I hope to God no one buys it.

Remember when Molyneux stated you would be able to plant a tree and come back and it would be grown after some gametime passed?
rolleyes.png

Cash grab. Easy cash grab with little to no effort.
Squeenix does it all the time and people buy it up. Remakes and rehashing of shit is so common now people dont realize it or dont care. Why do original shit when you can make possibly not as much but more in general since the cost to reproduce what you've done is so much easier, and cheaper!

Ofcourse all sarcasm, the only remake i've ever bought was zone of enders,...because well, its awesome.

rolleyes.png

Coral_sl

shitlord
Never really thought of Fable as a series with enough fans to warrant something like this.
Fable has been a pretty good seller for Microsoft (multiple millions sold per indvidiual title, to be a bit vague), with metacritic ratings in the 80s. I can't comment on what was promised ten years ago by Peter Molyneux when he used to work for Lionhead, but re-releasing Fable 1 on current gen is the most frequent request the studio has received in the last few years. So, before we go onto the new, we celebrate the old.

DMK_sl

shitlord
A HD remake. How pathetic... Be the ultimate troll if they counted it as one of the 15 exclusives for xbox one. Lol

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fable games are pretty fun. Not the worst games ever or even bad like some of you drama queens are making it out to be. It was ridiculously overhyped and promised lots of things it couldn't possibly deliver on, but the games by themselves were pretty solid.

That being said Fable 2 was basically an HD version of Fable 1

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sulrn

Deuces
Meh
"basically the worst game of all time" I hope you are joking..
I definitely think there are plenty of stronger runners for that title, but taken into context with what Peter Molyneux promised (which I don't think any game has come close to realizing yet) it was the most over-hyped product in gaming history which translates to biggest letdown/failure in my world as a gamer.

I mean, I rate that burn higher than the ME3 Ending Debacle and I think everyone here knows how quickly that gets my blood boiling...

---

While I have no interest in a "remake", I am interested in what kind of gamers purportedly bombarded the studio with requests. Younger gamers that missed the hype wreck the first go around and grew up with the sequels, people that want another shot at the collectors edition, or what?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When I was a kid I remember reading interviews and previews for Fable and thinking it was really incredible what they were planning to do with aging and dying characters, getting married and having children, and finally playing as the children who would take up the parent's arms and go adventure in the world, etc. When I beat it in a few hours I was pretty upset at how simple, easy, and unimaginative the game was. Had I gone into it with no expectations my experience might have been different, but I've never even looked at a trailer for any of the subsequent Fable games.

In short, fuck Lionhead Studios.