New Progression Server confirmed

Vitality

HUSTLE
Alright Boyz the Hustlebucks quest for the week: Crystalized Sulfur

Reward: 20plat each (amount tbd)

That's my shit.

Edit: I'll also be passing out jewelcrafted stuff when I get around to it this week so keep that in mind.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People have gotten very accustomed to their bitching translating into patch notes.

It's not even that Mages are so amazing. The strengths of melee characters just don't come through without decent equipment and unfortunately classic loot itemization sucks the root. You don't get gear while leveling and the gear that does exist is mostly shit.

Mages are also "The OP" so the class attracts both haters (my Erudite Paladin can't get groups, nerf pls) and lots of shitty players shitting up the joint with their shitty Mages and shit boxing.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
People have gotten very accustomed to their bitching translating into patch notes.

It's not even that Mages are so amazing. The strengths of melee characters just don't come through without decent equipment and unfortunately classic loot itemization sucks the root. You don't get gear while leveling and the gear that does exist is mostly shit.

Mages are also "The OP" so the class attracts both haters (my Erudite Paladin can't get groups, nerf pls) and lots of shitty players shitting up the joint with their shitty Mages and shit boxing.
Pallies should be able to get a group over warriors ffs. Its warriors who seem fucked from jump street. Did they not give out bellows?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Good to know. Do monks have any kind of out of era AC buff/bonus, or was it just the fists? My Bard and Paladin, same as that Monk, were naked, and getting wrekt pretty bad by yellow cons in Qeynos Hills.
frown.png
Just increased weight capacity. Used to be you lost AC after 11 weight, now it's 20 iirc.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alright Boyz the Hustlebucks quest for the week: Crystalized Sulfur

Reward: 20plat each (amount tbd)

That's my shit.

Edit: I'll also be passing out jewelcrafted stuff when I get around to it this week so keep that in mind.

Vitality is the new Zamtil Litmaz!
redface.png

Vitality Ytilativ ?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Game balance was all reset for 1-75 in TSS, and everything prior to that was simply obsoleted without a fuck given. TSS was intended to be a full reboot of the leveling and gear/stat curve, with Gates of Discord stats as a baseline of sorts because that's where they went full retard. You were expected to take new characters through TSS - a new race was added, and every race started in Crescent Reach. It was supposed to be the grand "ya'll come on back to Everquest!" expansion with the new leveling experience and massive reduction in downtime as the biggest QOL addition ever until mercenaries and (finally) auto granting old AA.

Here's loot off a lv45 group named in the TSS equivalent of solb/lguk:

Scourge of Dismemberment
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 48
DMG: 39 Dmg Bonus: 118
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
HP: +60 MANA: +45 ENDUR: +45
Recommended level of 45. Required level of 38.
WT: 6.0 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)

This guy probably hits as hard as three Nagafens.

Then the very next expansion they threw in defiant gear, and you could get TSS quality loot even from incredibly trivial classic zones (or 10p in the bazaar) so all of that was mostly tossed out the window and they had to go back to hotzones to funnel people.

I don't really recall what EoE raid parses were like by velious or if we even gave a shit enough at that point to track it (having everyone /pet leader etc) But it's not like we'd sit around while everyone med back to full before pulling a dragon, so we were still mostly melee. I actually don't recall us having a ton of mages or wiz etc - probably because of a combination of med times, everyone thinking monks would be uber, the Kunark SK bot arms race, and just a lack of awareness overall of how godly mages really were or how much of a fucking exponentially increasing pain it would become to gear a tank that isn't being fed loot by a raid guild.

The last bit is why I basically ragequit out of the blue in POR and continue to write cautionary tales about being trapped boxing your own tank, heh.

EDIT: Speaking of, did they ever say how they are doing auto-grant AA on TLP?

Thraka_sl

shitlord
The first group of 50's on our server (Ragefire) aren't playing on Lockjaw, that one group was actually 6 different people. We have several different groups right now on Lockjaw who intend on playing hard on both servers. The two highest groups on your server (Lockjaw) are from Twisted Legacy, one of which who just got Innoruuk.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone have a mage box (3) leveling plan they could share with me. I'm about 3 days away from getting is boxer and was just curious as to where you guys leveled your boxes.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The first group of 50's on our server (Ragefire) aren't playing on Lockjaw, that one group was actually 6 different people. We have several different groups right now on Lockjaw who intend on playing hard on both servers. The two highest groups on your server (Lockjaw) are from Twisted Legacy, one of which who just got Innoruuk.
Oh okay, thanks for the info, grats to them then.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Kreugen, what was your favorite expansion on TLP 2.0 ?
Darkhollow I guess. GOD is actually pretty entertaining for raiding but I wasn't around on 2.0.

It'd be OOW if Epic 2.0 didn't exist because fuck that shit.

POR is like jumping off a goddamn cliff.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So what is Inno's loot table on these servers? He's had 3 different loot tables. I miss the nostalgic race items! Gnome ring OP!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Crazy. It's been broken for years. It still doesn't work on any other merchant, so they must have made it work specifically on him. That's nice, only took 3 rounds of progression. Time to quest a Stein once per 15 minutes thx to Erudite Origin. Woot.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, I will never get it. It's hilarious to hear/read etc the drama and out right fantacism when it comes to EQ and bosses. It's crazy. People get literally upset and will be preoccupied for hours over someone killing something and its 15 year old content! Insane.