New Progression Server confirmed

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am in their mumble right now and they are freaking out, a guy named snobz who is a boxer that joined them a week or so ago they said went to sky and killed stuff and then the MM officers kicked him when FI notified them and then they banned the whole guild. They said alot of even associated accounts got banned but mine didn't atleast even tho my buddy in MM plays it sometimes.

They literally banned the entire guild, even if you haven't logged in to lockjaw in weeks they said.
They did say they would suspend the guild even if you were not actively involved in the "break". So I assume they just take the list of all characters in the guild and go down the line.

Bad thing is, sets a very bad precedent. People can join guilds and try to "Sabotage" them. It's very sad how serious people take this game still.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
They did say they would suspend the guild even if you were not actively involved in the "break". So I assume they just take the list of all characters in the guild and go down the line.

Bad thing is, sets a very bad precedent. People can join guilds and try to "Sabotage" them. It's very sad how serious people take this game still.
Ya, It was just island one of sky too i guess lol, so not even content anyone gives a remote shit about.

I have friends there so I'm not completely impartial but it seems really fucked up to me to let one guy sabotage an entire guild like that.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh man the accusations are starting that Zaide planted the boxers lol

Looks like you guys are getting a dose of the Apok tin foiling coming your way

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh man the accusations are starting that Zaide planted the boxers lol

Looks like you guys are getting a dose of the Apok tin foiling coming your way
Yeah that was funny, even Vaclav joining in to try and stir up the pot ;P

Bad thing is, I can see people doing exactly that. People take this stuff way to seriously, you should see/hear the crap people say in gu/ts over a simple video game. Add in bad actions from both side, where neither can seem to let it go and just spells disaster waiting to happen.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
dunno about that, really doubt it, from what I hear it was just a loner boxer type who went anon and just kinda did whatever the fuck he wanted and didn't listen to anyone. I can totally see one of those types just deciding to clear sky cause fuck it.

If I was gonna pick a FI guy to blame it wouldnt be zaide cause he isn't enough of an asshole to condone something like I don't think lol

If you want to hear something super funny the guy who actually broke rotation was snubz and apparently since MM kicked him when they found out he was breaking rotation he didnt get caught in the ban wave so he is still online unguilded in sky lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I expect guilds to be a lot more watchful of their members. FI doesn't even allow you to go /anon iirc(at least that's what I remember a officer spam in /gu one night).

Edit: Vaclav going all out on his white knight/forum warrior duties(On EQ forums). Almost tempted to register just to respond to him.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I am in their mumble right now and they are freaking out, a guy named snobz who is a boxer that joined them a week or so ago they said went to sky and killed stuff and then the MM officers kicked him when FI notified them and then they banned the whole guild. They said alot of even associated accounts got banned but mine didn't atleast even tho my buddy in MM plays it sometimes.

They literally banned the entire guild, even if you haven't logged in to lockjaw in weeks they said.
I'm pretty shocked DBG actually did this and I'm concerned about how much griefing this is going to cause, but MM is a piece of crap guild full of cheaters and griefers, so I don't feel that bad for them.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty shocked DBG actually did this and I'm concerned about how much griefing this is going to cause, but MM is a piece of crap guild full of cheaters and griefers, so I don't feel that bad for them.
One of the MM officers just said its getting resolved, so I guess Holly and Roshen showed up went wtf happened to the guides and then reversed the action. So atleast DBG higher ups are on top of things.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that was funny, even Vaclav joining in to try and stir up the pot ;P

Bad thing is, I can see people doing exactly that. People take this stuff way to seriously, you should see/hear the crap people say in gu/ts over a simple video game. Add in bad actions from both side, where neither can seem to let it go and just spells disaster waiting to happen.
Stirring the pot? Quite the opposite - Frosin and friends stirred the pot - its a problem I in fact discussed was going to become an issue here a few pages back if you care to look.

Actions of what from all accounts are 1 person that was removed from the guild shouldn't punish an entire guild, how does that make sense? It's a terrible precedent.

Only thing remotely "pot stirring" that I said was that it's weird that Frosin was up there so early - seems like the guy completely didn't give a shit about being caught or actively made himself get caught.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't play the game, so I can't confirm this was your post but someone with the exact same name as you posted
According to Roshen, that is grounds for the entire guild to be suspended, so I hope GMs intend on following up on their word
on the EQ forums. Seems a bit contradictory no?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever the CS guy that did it, probably get a stern talking to. You don't just rapidly suspend a entire guild so quickly without investigating it first.

Vaclav

Whoever the CS guy that did it, probably get a stern talking to. You don't just rapidly suspend a entire guild so quickly without investigating it first.
Funny... basically what I was trying to say although in my much more wordy fashion... yet you were blasting me here for it?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Hahah fucking awesome yet so retarded. I won't lie even though part of misses EQ a lot, the idea of playing a fucking progression server (ie; RELIVING THE JOYS OF REAL RAIDING AND RACING) with a rotation has to be one of the most mind boggling concepts to me. It just shows how much fucking society is going to the "participation award" for all mentality, god damn welfare state Obama is seeping into even gaming.

How could a guide be so stupid to think that is a good idea....let alone be empowered to do so without consent. Oh so many years later and awesome EQ still provides entertainment even from a far!

Also on the boxing comments, that always made EQ challenging. Playing one player was cake for all but 1-2 classes, but what a lot of us prided ourselves on was multi boxing. I never used any programs to assist, I had 2 computers and 3 boxed using alt tab on the 2 accounts and a 2nd keyboard right above my first. Used to lead raids in PoP and run dual wizards + a cleric, fucking best time in raiding in my life. NoBox is a great idea though if they implement properly as far as bringing in fresh business.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Stirring the pot? Quite the opposite - Frosin and friends stirred the pot - its a problem I in fact discussed was going to become an issue here a few pages back if you care to look.

Actions of what from all accounts are 1 person that was removed from the guild shouldn't punish an entire guild, how does that make sense? It's a terrible precedent.

Only thing remotely "pot stirring" that I said was that it's weird that Frosin was up there so early - seems like the guy completely didn't give a shit about being caught or actively made himself get caught.
Frosin might have already been in Sky. We had done sky not too long before that and we already had a mage box crew clearing sky before we started in the morning.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I don't play the game, so I can't confirm this was your post but someone with the exact same name as you posted on the EQ forums. Seems a bit contradictory no?
Nope. I'm concerned that it would cause guilds trying to get each other suspended using alts, but under Roshen's rules, they broke them and should be suspended and I have no sympathy if they do since they're overall a guild full of obnoxious griefers and cheaters.

Vaclav

Frosin might have already been in Sky. We had done sky not too long before that and we already had a mage box crew clearing sky before we started in the morning.
Yea, thus the last part of "Maybe the dude just DGAS" heh.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So MM group is in sky clearing island one. Our officers tried to reach out to MM leadership but none were online/active/responding. We tried reaching out to the guy clearing and he ignored us. We have a sky raid coming up and this dude is clearing island one which isn't in itself a big deal but it takes all of 30 seconds to click up, kill one Azerack spawn Protector and blow one of the mobs that actually matters.

So a petition goes out to get someone to remove this guy from the zone. DBG goes on to suspend their whole guild. Note that with suspensions you don't get kicked off, so they can remain in game and active if they don't log.

At this point we request to Roshen and via petition that they unsuspend them. Seems pretty cut and dry.

Note that MM has been shady with sky rotation a bunch of times now, fucking over AD and Magicus before this by deguilding box crews who would go up there without tags and clear shit, then rejoin them the next day.