New Progression Server confirmed

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Seeing Krassus post in here about guild drama and how involved he is in it shines a spotlight on why he was who he was in WoW with us.

Some people just like to stir the pot no matter what.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Back in cataclysm I botted to farm gold, I tried the rotation for my rogue but I didnt like the way the bots did it. I did bot a holy paladin in a pug raid and it was amazing at parses though so I dont blame people for wanting to have computer play for them for 4 hours every night.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you bot a rotation in WoW what do you even "play"? Just ventrilo?
Yeah and you umm move around a little and avoid stuff.

I played around with it to see what it could do and used that 'freedom' to do raid calls. It was sub-optimal. I was also on chemo at the time ... wasn't exactly playing my best. Some hardcore raiders do it though in mythics I guess.

I have botted quite a few games in different ways just to see what I could do with it and what I could or could not get away with. It has it's own fun aspect to it but overall yeah no point in playing.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That sounds kinda fun tho. At the very worst its no worse a rotation change than the one that added in these insane 24 hr windows.

At the end of the day Daybreak just needs to put these raid mobs into DZs on the 5 day lockouts and adjust the current spawn mechanics back to the original respawn times and tell everyone that any world spawn bosses are true FFA dps races. That way everyone gets their weekly instanced kill and the guilds that can compete can get a bonus kill every 3-4 days.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is so far past what EQ was and is just getting farther and farther away as people try to get away with as much as they can.

At this point I'm resigned to logging in for rotation kills and any FFA kills RL lets me make(for I easily see a future where there will be no FFA as the casuals demand equal treatment for 1/4 of the effort)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
This game is so far past what EQ was and is just getting farther and farther away as people try to get away with as much as they can.

At this point I'm resigned to logging in for rotation kills and any FFA kills RL lets me make(for I easily see a future where there will be no FFA as the casuals demand equal treatment for 1/4 of the effort)
To be fair, once its all on rotation the effort is the same for everyone. It doesn't take you more effort to show up for your rotation kill than it takes the casuals.

Plus the toxic hyper-competition isn't anything close to classic either so I see both sides arguments. The second they allowed ISBoxer, krono and removed corpse recovery all the arguments about classic and being a hardcore real raider went out the window.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, once its all on rotation the effort is the same for everyone. It doesn't take you more effort to show up for your rotation kill than it takes the casuals.

Plus the toxic hyper-competition isn't anything close to classic either so I see both sides arguments. The second they allowed ISBoxer, krono and removed corpse recovery all the arguments about classic and being a hardcore real raider went out the window.
I'm not talking about rotation days. I'm talking about the constant "we cant compete so remove competition" that is going on. I miss a lot of FFA kills due to RL, but that's the price I pay and I deal with it. I don't go crying to lower FFA, remove it or some other nonsense that people(including your guildleader) do. I mean look, its slid so far down the slippery slope now, that leaders are now proposing to change ffa days to days for non-guilded to do pickup raids(aka box crews to farm shit to RMT, or hi2u non-guilded alts for chance at extra loot). I can't imagine what is going to happen next, its asinine.

People are afraid to admit to the tier of player they are and relative content you see. Not to mention so used to WoW style "Everyone can see everything" that they demand it in every game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If we were moving through expansions at a decent pace we wouldn't have all of this time to sit around and hack at each other with rusty spoons. Lockjaw hasseveralrotation talks left until Kunark opens. Who knows what kind of bloated and cancerous mess of rules we're going to have by the end. You can also bet that towards the end guilds are going to try and vote on a day 1 Trakanon rotation. Then there's six months of Kunark rotation talks to look forward to. And then Velious. These rotation agreements are going to slowly vivisect Lockjaw until only the ForumQuesting rotation lawyer griefing squads can stomach it any longer.

Hell, I think a whole bunch of people will reroll to the No Box server not because they care about boxing or because they want more classic but because it will be perceived as a fresh start away from that nonsense. Then people will watch it turn into the same shit, they'll quit, and they won't come back.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't see how you guys have the patience for this. Did all the raids twice each or so and can't find the desire to play until Kunark opens

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hell, I think a whole bunch of people will reroll to the No Box server not because they care about boxing or because they want more classic but because it will be perceived as a fresh start away from that nonsense. Then people will watch it turn into the same shit, they'll quit, and they won't come back.
I certainly hope not - only reason I'm still involved in some discussion to be proactive rather than reactive to the potential issues.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If we were moving through expansions at a decent pace we wouldn't have all of this time to sit around and hack at each other with rusty spoons. Lockjaw hasseveralrotation talks left until Kunark opens. Who knows what kind of bloated and cancerous mess of rules we're going to have by the end. You can also bet that towards the end guilds are going to try and vote on a day 1 Trakanon rotation. Then there's six months of Kunark rotation talks to look forward to. And then Velious. These rotation agreements are going to slowly vivisect Lockjaw until only the ForumQuesting rotation lawyer griefing squads can stomach it any longer.

A no box server would have less rotation headaches purely because you will have like half the number of guilds. Most of these small guilds couldnt even kill a mob like naggy without boxes. FI and MM are the only 2 guilds with the member count to actually kill things with no boxes and it would involve a big shift and lots of rerolls to do it I bet. Plus you wouldn't have as much socking because you would need a much higher percent of your raid force online to kill stuff than you do currently.

I also don't buy into this BS that casuals should just accept their lot in life and realize they can't compete to kill mobs. They are advocating for the game they want to play, while the no-lifers advocate for the hyper competitive game they want. Neither side has a claim to be truly classic so I don't think either has any more claim to being the right way.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I feel for you guys on Lockjaw, especially with the 6 months versus 3 were getting. I don't even know what the fuck to say about it anymore, casual entitled idiots have won and turned the last game of this type into some bullshit.

The no box server will be packed and RMT will flow like a river because of the high population.