New Progression Server confirmed

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People used to run it on Linux boxes to get around SOE's detection. No one gives a shit about that anymore and just run it in Windows.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've honestly never used MQ2; is it difficult to set up ? Didn't you used to need a UNIX platform to run it (going back a decade I guess).
You've been able to run MQ2 on a windows platform for well over 13 years. I'm not sure if it ever required a Linux platform unlike showeq. As to the ease of setting it up, it is in fact quite easy with plenty of guides in plain language. Honestly though I see little point unless your botting or using the hacks(which you can find easily enough). If anything the only non hack/bot use would be for features not present on the TLP servers (bandolier?) and the enhanced map.

SWIM may have been a heavy mq2 user at the end of their EQ days but now see's no point in using it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
showeq didn't do any automation. It was just for maps and mob info, still pretty damn helpful in it's time, but now a days the MQ2 map blows it out of the water.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
MQ2 is pretty straightforward to get and use, nothing special required. Slippery slope though, once you use it, it's almost impossible to enjoy playing without it. The only real thing about it being problematic(and awesome) to me is being able to see mobs on the map. The botting is irritating on prog servers since every loot dropping mob in the game is so camped. On live it doesn't really affect anyone's gameplay since every zone is a ghost town. Which is why i suspect it's not been taken seriously these many years by devs. It doesnt win the game for people either like the no delay stuff did which was taken seriously.

Titan_sl

shitlord
MQ2 is pretty straightforward to get and use, nothing special required. Slippery slope though, once you use it, it's almost impossible to enjoy playing without it. .
This has always been why i've never used it. Talking to people that try to go "Clean" from using it, they always start back because "the map is so nice" and then they're doing dumb shit with it. Never needed it all these years, no point in starting now

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This has always been why i've never used it. Talking to people that try to go "Clean" from using it, they always start back because "the map is so nice" and then they're doing dumb shit with it. Never needed it all these years, no point in starting now
Was tough breaking with using SEQ for that sort of thing back in the day for me, for sure. Started using it JUST to check PoEarth rings being up or not ended up trying to leave it off but always was like "Well I wonder if this named is up.... pop open SEQ"

Wasn't until I took a good 2 year or so break that I rid myself of it.

Evernothing

/afo uses MQ2AdvPath, whereas /stick uses MQ2MoveUtils.

From what I can gather, it builds a path on the fly based on the locs of the target, and then follows the path, whereas /stick is pretty much straight line.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
ah, that sounds hot. I remember swooning a little when I noticed in EQ2 that the base game's autofollow would repeat jumps made by the target. does it do jumps too or just manage the curves?

Evernothing

I think it just plots the /loc.

You can pause it, let it build a the path, then activate it once your main is at the safe spot, then the others will follow.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ah, that sounds hot. I remember swooning a little when I noticed in EQ2 that the base game's autofollow would repeat jumps made by the target. does it do jumps too or just manage the curves?
I never could figure out why EQ2 autofollow worked so well (comparatively), yet EQ still sucked shit.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
yea, but much of the comments I've read from EQ devs is that the base code is a pile of shit, and touching it causes strange problems. still seems like you have to try.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I had a guide message me today and ask if i was botting cause he didn't know you could cycle targets using a hotkey so i had to explain how to make one lol, the guy was really friendly but its kinda scary that people with that little knowledge of the game have power.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had a guide message me today and ask if i was botting cause he didn't know you could cycle targets using a hotkey so i had to explain how to make one lol, the guy was really friendly but its kinda scary that people with that little knowledge of the game have power.
Guides are still volunteers are they not?

When I did the Anarchy Online version you couldn't do anything permanent as a "guide" anyways just make a recommendation based on what you saw.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I had a guy from ceaseless train me in fear lastnight, he was "splitting" a 10 mob train as a magician, pulling it across the golem temple (golem was up). I was sitting there splitting the golem to kill the two knight adds, BAM 10 mobs on my ass. Guy was anonymous, I found his other group and started complaining. They claimed he wasnt with him, I said bullshit you're in the same guild and same corner of the zone.

Classic response of theirs? YOURE CHEATING HOW CAN YOU KNOW AN ANONYMOUS PERSON IS IN MY GUILD?! I explained how /guildstatus worked, and he still said I was a liar and had cheats. After the whole /ooc zone told him he's an idiot, his rationale was it was my fault cause I was in his way of his magician splitting a train (how does a magicina split a train of 10 mobs?) and why would anyone be in the middle of the zone, so its my fault.

Nonetheless, he got a few cases of the "in the wrong place" after.

But what the fuck, oh hes not with me cause hes anon and you cant see hes actually in my guild so I'll act like hes not with me.
ba5807e7049f29330e09b11aed67c312cabd2115ba8c3baeff1512cd196b4c72.jpg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Leaders on Lockjaw have suggested we limit "FFA" mobs on the rotation to unguilded open raids which must accept any player 46+ and must do loot via rolls.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leaders on Lockjaw have suggested we limit "FFA" mobs on the rotation to unguilded open raids which must accept any player 46+ and must do loot via rolls.
Someone has to be trying to kill Lockjaw raiding guilds, things are going to get wild closer to 6 months.