New Progression Server confirmed

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm really surprised at the votes that won. Max nostalgia, that's the one that takes 5 years to get to POP right? Longer than the original timeline?

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know if it is possible to have the old school spell particle effects and old school player models? I despise the new models...

Needless

Toe Sucker
original models is in the eq game settings, however you're still stuck with the new spell particles and new npc models :\

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only loot 90% of the playerbase on this server will see is a whole lot of

rrr_img_97415.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really want to see how much of Gukta gets perma killed. As it stands right now it's got this great newbie area with high mob density, all the merchants, a banker, a soulbinder, and an easy transition as you gain levels with what's in the zone and Lake Rathe right next door. It's going to make sense for all the Trolls and Ogres to use their newbie area rather than their own. The guards have tiny aggro radii (radiuses?) and everything is brightly lit. If they perma kill the town it'll still have all the newbie crap to kill and if they leave it up I'd be really tempted to run there at level 1 on any other character. We'll have shared banking so even if you are playing a class that doesn't have a spell merchant you can just have a mule where ever. You don't need to visit a trainer anymore unless you want to actually spend points.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh yeah, i completely forgot live had soulbinder npcs... i was worried if i made a monk and immediately took him to gfay, that if i died before people leveled high enough to bind id have a nice, long corpse run back.

That avoids that shitty situation lol

Crone

I really want to see how much of Gukta gets perma killed. As it stands right now it's got this great newbie area with high mob density, all the merchants, a banker, a soulbinder, and an easy transition as you gain levels with what's in the zone and Lake Rathe right next door. It's going to make sense for all the Trolls and Ogres to use their newbie area rather than their own. The guards have tiny aggro radii (radiuses?) and everything is brightly lit. If they perma kill the town it'll still have all the newbie crap to kill and if they leave it up I'd be really tempted to run there at level 1 on any other character. We'll have shared banking so even if you are playing a class that doesn't have a spell merchant you can just have a mule where ever. You don't need to visit a trainer anymore unless you want to actually spend points.
Gukta is in game on Progression? I don't remember this, but if that's the case, then hell ya!

Edit: What expansion is Fippy up to now? Just realized TL are still going strong on that server I guess? Holy cow... but they are recruiting for TLP 3.0 as well. Guess that's where the top guild is gonna be.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh yeah, i completely forgot live had soulbinder npcs... i was worried if i made a monk and immediately took him to gfay, that if i died before people leveled high enough to bind id have a nice, long corpse run back.

That avoids that shitty situation lol
There won't be corpse retrievals so that's also a bit of a help. If you die you respawn with all your gear just like on Live. You'll need your corpse for rezzes as per usual. I suspect a whole bunch of people are going to spend their first hour running the race/class they want to the zone they want rather than actually playing.

Gukta is in game on Progression? I don't remember this, but if that's the case, then hell ya!
You won't be able to make a frog (which is a shame because boy they have good stats) but the town might all be left alone. It's just a bunch of tents in the Rathe Mts and I'm not sure why you would bother /permakilling them all. We've got pet damage and monk fists staying in, damn it.

Crone

I was considering rolling up a SK / Shaman combo. That'd be an easy run over. Hmm, will have to check on beta for sure.

Monks having such great damage, and mages, it really does make it hard to figure out what to play. Why play anything else? When other classes finally even start to matter, in a year? At minimum 6 months, it'll be much easier to power level and get the class you really want up in levels.

Will have to test what crafted gear there will be. Whoever is a tailor or something making Monk armor is gonna be the richest mofo on the server.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The thing to remember with casters is that compared to their release versions they are all way, way more powerful. Mages are going to get all the glory but Wizards do bonkers amounts of damage (and have ports), Enchanters have amazing toolboxes, Necros do piles and piles of damage, Druids are pretty damned awesome, Shaman are awesome, and although Clerics are a bit on the boring side they too benefit from a host of little changes made over the years. Their spells all do tons more damage, they get Bash, you get rezzes right away, and their are a few crutch items floating about like -

rrr_img_97421.png

Scales up to 51% at level 50.

Andfocus effects are in. Every caster not only has higher base damage today than they did at release but on top of that you've got effects like mana preservation (10% less costs) and the damage augments (20% more on dots with one, 20% more on nukes with another) and then of course the pet focuses. Pet focuses. Yow.

You basically can't pick a wrong caster in this environment. There isn't one. Wizard, Mage, Necro, Enchanter, Cleric, Druid, Shaman, or Bard it's all good stuff.

But oh man the rest of the roster. Between their relative power to casters and Monk fist damage (20 dmg 26 delay fists at level 50, wtf) there's just no reason to play a Paladin, Shadow Knight, Ranger, Warrior, or Rogue and there won't be for a long time.

Crone

I mained a Necro on TLP 2.0 from Classic through Luclin, and I'll say that it was pretty fun, but it was a bitch of a time trying to figure out a box group. At one point, between a friend and I, we had some 16 accounts active. However, our mains were a Ranger and Necro, and trying to make a group around that sucked balls. Enchanter for Clarity? Necro don't need it. Puma from Shaman? Pet can sorta use it, but meh. Bard for +spell damage? It didn't work on DoTs. Most things died so quick in exp groups, their DoTs were useless, and their direct nukes were lame. For exp groups, it wasn't a good time. You can make it work, but you have to force it.

And Necro pets were not tanks by any stretch. Not even close to Mages, and couldn't tank for shit. Don't go into a Necro thinking you'll pet tank everything, because it won't happen.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you have definitely convinced me a tank won't be made for a good long while.