New Progression Server confirmed

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Comes from level ~30 goblins, how do you propose melee get to that point using bronze and rusty shite? The weapon desert is real in pure classic outside a few cases like scouts blade or langseax can that be quested relatively early.
As if no one has ever managed to play a melee through classic before.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do remember that bards don't become king shit of utility mountain until luclin (fading memories) and it just gets better from there (overhaste, spell damage boosts, etc)

Until then you kind of just glare at the bard and think "why aren't you an enchanter box sitting out of group?" Unless of course you are fighting a dragon and want to resist everything or looking to run across the Karanas.
Re-thinking Bard decision. Fuck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The other plus side to bard is you won't ever have to buff an entire fucking raid then do nothing during the dragon.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As if no one has ever managed to play a melee through classic before.
People have a tendency to make poor choices and complain about their situation later. If someone is walking in with eyes wide open and really wants to play a War, Pal, SK, Ranger, or Rogue than more power to them but those classes are at the very bottom of the power curve. Doing well with one of those classes is just going to take more time and more effort than what anyone else is going to have to put in for the same.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Most fucking annoying thing ever on the last prog were bards who'd charm your pull and pull it to their group. Greedy fuckers.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Who wants to give me some advice for beginning levels. I played project 1999 and I kinda sucked dick at this game

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Most fucking annoying thing ever on the last prog were bards who'd charm your pull and pull it to their group. Greedy fuckers.
LOL.. yeah... good times. I'm probably going to roll a bard. I thought I would be the minority but maybe not. Figured the server would be all mage, necros, and some druids in the beginning. But like others have said, it's really hard to guess. Can't wait for the first day.. too bad I have to travel that day for work but should get in at some point. Have they listed a definite time?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this has been answered, but with EQ being F2P, is this server also under that umbrella?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It is not, you have to have an EQ+ account or whatever the fuck they call it. Premium I think. It is your standard 15 buck a month setup.

KrimzinIV_sl

shitlord
Comes from level ~30 goblins, how do you propose melee get to that point using bronze and rusty shite? The weapon desert is real in pure classic outside a few cases like scouts blade or langseax can that be quested relatively early.
The smart melee's will be using fists because its a better ratio than any weapon in classic. Grats on your blade of carnage.. thx 1h slash is at 27

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
People have a tendency to make poor choices and complain about their situation later. If someone is walking in with eyes wide open and really wants to play a War, Pal, SK, Ranger, or Rogue than more power to them but those classes are at the very bottom of the power curve. Doing well with one of those classes is just going to take more time and more effort than what anyone else is going to have to put in for the same.
SK is going to be one of the most wanted raid classes until velious.

On the weapon front. Did they remove the quested items this time. I remember getting quested newbie weapons on fippy that were like 7/19 or so and magic, not amazing but better than most things til the mid 30s

Furst_sl

shitlord
Play casually if need be. You'll have forever rustled jimmies if you don't do this; always looking back to TLP 3.0 as the one who got away.

Absolutely. Rolling my traditional progression Bard named Danglez. Although it seems that everyone is rolling a bard this time around. You joining the fun too Furst?
For sure, I'll be maining a Mage with a cleric and 2 Mage boxes. I'm rolling with my old friends from last progression

Tommy/furst/liltommy/lilfurst beta I wasn't able to get my names so we will see

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It is not, you have to have an EQ+ account or whatever the fuck they call it. Premium I think. It is your standard 15 buck a month setup.
Are there any other perks that come along with the $15/month, aside from access to the progression?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You get some of the marketplace currency each month (can buy shit like exp potions with it, unlock extra character slots, some cosmetic shit) and it counts as premium for EQ2, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online.

DGC All Access | Daybreak Game Company

Most of the shit you won't care about but this is the infos.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Are there any other perks that come along with the $15/month, aside from access to the progression?
I know with everquest 2 it's like double xp than you'd get as a silver member. Also something with the gear you can use and shit like that

Oh there you go ^

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You get some of the marketplace currency each month (can buy shit like exp potions with it, unlock extra character slots, some cosmetic shit) and it counts as premium for EQ2, Planetside 2, and DC Universe Online.

DGC All Access | Daybreak Game Company

Most of the shit you won't care about but this is the infos.
Eh, decent enough. Now to decide between mage, necro, and shaman...

I think shaman is the better long-term investment, but I'm unsure of how long I'll play. Plus, I hate all the big races so I wouldn't want to roll one until Iksar. Mage is the obvious choice, but they are going to be a dime a dozen. Which leads me to necro as kind of a poor man's mage, but they don't really get a lot of their good utility until Kunark either.

Fuck it, maybe I'll just use the mage as a twink bot in preparation of Kunark..

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having played an Iksar Shaman from Kunark onward and been unable to ever use a Jaundiced Bone Bracer and then having played a Barbarian on the Combine with a Jaundiced Bone Bracer I would never make an Iksar Shaman again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Having played an Iksar Shaman from Kunark onward and been unable to ever use a Jaundiced Bone Bracer and then having played a Barbarian on the Combine with a Jaundiced Bone Bracer I would never make an Iksar Shaman again.
Barbs are the only "big" race I can tolerate, which was my initial consideration, but the light source struggle is just another layer of annoyance I'm not sure I can tolerate.