NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oh dear. Woke up at 5 AM to take a look at the final quarter. Should have stayed in bed.

Wrong year to come out as a Pats fan.
No, it's perfect. You don't get to inherit an immediately awesome team. You gotta deal with some shittiness.

They'll likely turn it around at some point this season. Belichick is too good to let the team sink.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh dear. Woke up at 5 AM to take a look at the final quarter. Should have stayed in bed.

Wrong year to come out as a Pats fan.
In the grand scheme of the history of the NFL. This is exactly what you should expect from the Patriots.

Can't wait for the Patriots to go back to the laughing stock of the AFC East.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Over/under on sacks on Brady tonight?

I'm thinking 3 and a forced fumble.
When I got out of class and was driving home I kept flipping the radio stations back and forth because I couldn't believe the scores and stats I was hearing. I was only able to catch the tail end of the game right before the Gronk TD, IIRC.

I am now fully prepared to watch the Chiefs disintegrate over the rest of the season.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ESPN should unsuspend Simmons immediately and have his punishment be discuss the pats all week. I'm really going to miss those homer tears.

Can't wait for the Patriots to go back to the laughing stock of the AFC East.
the dolphins, jets and bills have been in "rebuilding" mode for 15-20 years. I dont know if its even possible for the patriots franchise to flounder for even A single year.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cannot believe I missed the game last night. That's 4 hours of pure joy I will never have. Dammit dammit dammit.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No, it's perfect. You don't get to inherit an immediately awesome team. You gotta deal with some shittiness.

They'll likely turn it around at some point this season. Belichick is too good to let the team sink.
(American) Football caught my eye about 10 years ago, and Brady / Patriots were the most visible then. I'm well aware there was an end to come to that era (just hoping it's not this year yet). I can only be so happy the NFL didn't pique my interest in the early nineties!

Next week vs Bengals, that would indeed be the perfect time to rise again. I'm sure you'd agree.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Want to hear depressing? Despite how bad the Patriots looked last night the other teams in that division are do awful most commentators think they will still take it.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
the dolphins, jets and bills have been in "rebuilding" mode for 15-20 years. I dont know if its even possible for the patriots franchise to flounder for even A single year.
There is literally only two things keeping the Patriots from crashing and burning right now and that's Tom Brady and their reputation. Brady looks like he's ready to retire and is probably pissed at Bill. I can't wait for the Gisele rant about how Bill's a moron for trading away their entire line.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
NY Giants QB Eli Manning on F-bombing Jets QB Geno Smith: If they're yelling at you, you probably deserve it - NY Daily News

Eli spitting supa hot fire

VQLGJOL.jpg

God. Watching the rest of the AFC East implode while the Dolphins win is the greatest feeling in the world. I MISSED THIS.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
People are calling the Cowboys contenders already. Its like people have amnesia week to week. I guess the saying you are only as good as your last game really is true.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How can you not call them contenders. Outside of the Seahawks, they are clearly the class of the NFC!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How can you not call them contenders. Outside of the Seahawks, they are clearly the class of the NFC!
Can't argue with facts. The Legion of Hey-We-Got-In-Your-Way-Just-Enough-To-Win Dallas defense is legit.

Loving all the discussion about if Brady is done today. Soooooooooooo good.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Haha yup. There are some articles out there talking about how the dynasty is at and end now too. It is all pretty damn funny.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Want to hear depressing? Despite how bad the Patriots looked last night the other teams in that division are do awful most commentators think they will still take it.
Same thing in the nfc south, despite the saints looking and playing like dog shit, the rest of the division is too, so its still up for grabs.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Fun fact, Brady has as many championships not won under the auspices of cheating as Romo.