NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can understand getting rid of Dennis Allen but how Reggie McKenzie still has a job baffles me. Maybe I just don't see enough Raiders games, but Reggie McKenzie seems like the real problem.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Can't argue with facts. The Legion of Hey-We-Got-In-Your-Way-Just-Enough-To-Win Dallas defense is legit.

Loving all the discussion about if Brady is done today. Soooooooooooo good.
Sometimes that's all it takes. I mean, the Saints won theirs that year largely on the strength of their offense and an opportunistic defense. They were bottom third in yards given up, about middle of the pack with points given up, but were 2nd in takeaways.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the last Packer title came from a defense that was comprised of Woodson, Mathews, and a bunch of card board cutouts. If even a crappy D gets hot with takeaways, that can be enough to take you the distance. Problem comes when the offense has an off day (see GB destroyed by Giants in Lambeau) or when we play someone other than Cutler. Having a good defense and mediocre offense is generally a more consistent road to a title, though it is not as exiting for the average fan to watch.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Raiders fire their coach and no one cares. Film at 11.
I mildly care because McKenzie is recently from Green Bay, I think the coach/GM are getting a raw deal, and I'm not sure anyone could have succeeded in the situation they started with.

That said, given some of the movies McKenzie has made recently, I'm not sure his firing would be much of a travesty. Allen I don't watch enough to have an opinion.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Blackouts getting the hook finally.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com

I think. I only read the headline, I'm very busy with nothing.
Not exactly.

FCC votes to drop sports blackouts; NFL says it won't change - ESPN

Wheeler, however, acknowledges it may not spell the end to sports blackouts. The NFL would still be able to privately negotiate its own rules with cable and satellite companies -- those agreements just wouldn't have the backing of the federal government.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Blackouts getting the hook finally.

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule - Brooks Boliek - POLITICO.com

I think. I only read the headline, I'm very busy with nothing.
It looks like they stillcanhave blackouts, they just wont be enforced by the FCC. If the NFL and local companies still have blackout clauses in their contracts, they still might not be shown. It sounds like the FCC wants to pass the blame to the NFL and wash their hands of the responsibility.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now in gif form:
SatisfiedHopefulHerald.gif

The man is pure evil.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Now in gif form:
SatisfiedHopefulHerald.gif

The man is pure evil.
I love Jerry the owner. I wish Jerry the GM would die in a fire, ashes collected and placed in a urn made from the strongest material on earth, placed inside the strongest safe on earth and filled with cement, taken by james cameron and disposed of at the bottom of the Mariana trench.

I love Jerry the owner. I wish Jerry the GM would die in a fire, ashes collected and placed in a urn made from the strongest material on earth, placed inside the strongest safe on earth and filled with cement, taken by james cameron and disposed of at the bottom of the Mariana trench.
He'll be too busy begging the feds to not use his stadium as an Ebola ward soon enough.

sebur

Bronze Squire
It looks like they stillcanhave blackouts, they just wont be enforced by the FCC. If the NFL and local companies still have blackout clauses in their contracts, they still might not be shown. It sounds like the FCC wants to pass the blame to the NFL and wash their hands of the responsibility.
If you read the article though it says they are also trying to end that all together. Apparently some anti-trust laws don't apply to them currently which allows all 32 teams to act as one unit and negotiate broadcasting contracts. They are trying to change this to where if they choose to enforce blackouts due to contract negotiations taking place then they will be subject to anti-trust laws. This is how I understood it when I read it anyway. Correct me if I am wrong though.

sebur

Bronze Squire
If you read the article though it says they are also trying to end that all together. Apparently some anti-trust laws don't apply to them currently which allows all 32 teams to act as one unit and negotiate broadcasting contracts. They are trying to change this to where if they choose to enforce blackouts due to contract negotiations taking place then they will be subject to anti-trust laws. This is how I understood it when I read it anyway. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Is that his son-in-law next to him as usual with that shit grin as well? Wonder how many times he had to give Jerry a handy as the game was going on?
Bitch please, Jerry gets young stripper/hookers to give him hand jobs. Jerry learned how to party from the 90's Cowboys, if you don't know about the shit they did then I highly suggest picking up Boys will be boys. Even if you hate the Cowboys that shit is a good read, the shit in that book would be worth reading about any team.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bitch please, Jerry gets young stripper/hookers to give him hand jobs. Jerry learned how to party from the 90's Cowboys, if you don't know about the shit they did then I highly suggest picking up Boys will be boys. Even if you hate the Cowboys that shit is a good read, the shit in that book would be worth reading about any team.
Screen-Shot-2014-09-25-at-9.27.25-AM.jpg