NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, but shit tons of people have gaming consoles that are internet enabled. How fucking hard can it be to make a stream app for each one and cut each of the platform companies a small slice of the action?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're gonna do whatever makes them the best ROI. Really as simple as that.
Pretty much.

The thing I don't get is why we're constantly stuck with either / or instead of just having it on TV AND offer a streaming service. I'm not sure if I'd pay 300 dollars to stream every Dolphins game, but I'd pay for it.

Disp_sl

shitlord
You can. You just have to pay for DirecTV AND Sunday Ticket
biggrin.png
NFL SUNDAY TICKET on DIRECTV - 855-856-4388. So basically $300 for Sunday Ticket + $100/mo. or whatever DirecTV costs and then you can stream it.

EZ.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I have been getting great quality with Ace Stream (via Wizwig links). Problem is that there usually are only Ace Streams for the game of the week and prime time games. All other Sunday games are iffy for having a high bit-rate steam active. The Stream Torrent streams are decent enough to follow the action on my big screen, most of the flash streams are not worth watching on the big screen.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Rams rookie DT Aaron Donald is as of now the top rated DT in the NFL on PFF. Steal of the draft? He has insane quickness and pressure in the pocket as a DT, against Seattle he was eating that dudes lunch all game. Having pressure from that position is imo the rarest thing you can find in football at least on defense, and this kid seems to have it.

Pro Football Focus_sl said:
Aaron Donald's aggregate overall PFF score of 16.5 leads all NFL DTs/NTs by a slight margin. Second best is Kawaan Short at 16.0, followed by Gerald McCoy at 15.8. I honestly don't care what the statistical measure is, that's some great company to be in.

Donald's run defense score of +9.6 is second in the NFL, while his pass rushing score of 5.1 is 10th best. This is out of 72 total DTs/NTs.

Donald's top ranking is even more impressive when you consider the relatively few snaps that Donald has had. If you normalize the rankings on a per snap basis, then Donald's lead widens among the full time DT/NTs, even though he falls 2nd overall to PFF score per snap to Ryan Davis who only comes in to rush the passer and has had 1/3 the snaps.

As one might expect for a rookie, Donald is improving. He hasn't had a single negative game the entire year. He's only had one negative category all year, which was pass rushing against Minnesota the first game. The general trend is up, where the Seattle game was his best game at +4.9

There is one more stat that jumps out at you when looking at Donald, a proprietary PFF stat called "Stops", which is a solo tackle or sack that constitutes an offensive failure. Not only does Donald have 14 stops, a very high number, but this is the same as his tackles and sacks (as tallied by PFF). That is, every time Donald has made a tackle or a sack, PFF considered it an offensive failure. Donald's 14 stops is tied for 5th among DT/NTs, and 3rd best on a per snap basis (behind a couple of run stuffing guys).

Is there room for improvement in Donald's game? Certainly. Donald has had 132 pass rush snaps and 90 run D snaps, so it's a little surprising that his PFF run D score is better than his pass rush score. Coming into the season, my belief was that Donald would have had more impact with his pass rush skills. But the fact that Donald is already having an impact with his run D is a testament to how high of a quality player Donald is.

A note for the DROY race, Donald is neck and neck on PFF grades with Khalil Mack and his 20 stops. But Mack has 170 more snaps that Donald. So if Donald keeps up his current pace (and increased snaps per game), it stands to reason that he should shoot past Mack. No other rookie is even close at the moment.

DPOY, by contrast, already seems like a runaway win for JJ Watt, whose +37.7 beats any player at any position by a wide margin. 2nd best (any position) is Von Miller at +23.7.

Back to Donald, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We're only talking about PFF stats, and only after 6 games for a rookie, so we shouldn't be calling the engravers in Canton just yet. But love 'em or hate 'em, PFF stats have a remarkable ability to catch people's attention. If people were not aware of Donald before, you can be pretty sure they are noticing if him now.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The Rams rookie DT Aaron Donald is as of now the top rated DT in the NFL on PFF. Steal of the draft? He has insane quickness and pressure in the pocket as a DT, against Seattle he was eating that dudes lunch all game. Having pressure from that position is imo the rarest thing you can find in football at least on defense, and this kid seems to have it.
Dallas really wanted Donald and so did I, kid is good. Ill just have to live with the Martin pick and the best offensive line in football.

Hey as an eagles fan, who now lives in the DFW, TX area, is direct TV my best bet for actually seeing all the games? Red zone only shows touchdowns, and I want to see the whole damn game. I have already missed two games this year.
Do you know anyone back in Philly who will host a Slingbox for you? I've got one setup for my brother so he can watch American sports, it works great. He lives in Ecuador, says the quality is better than local cable. I haven't tried, but I assume you could use Chromecast to get it onto a big screen.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have amazing bandwidth at my house (wife needs if for work) and it always looks like shit streaming on the TV, even the smaller ones. I just gave up and started hitting the sports bar for Packer games. I guess the NFL doesn't want my money, because if they did they would have told Direct TV to suck a dick and negotiated a deal with internet streaming services (or with the PS4/XBone media services) for the same or superior service. Fuck you Direct TV.
Is she a cam girl?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You can. You just have to pay for DirecTV AND Sunday Ticket
biggrin.png
NFL SUNDAY TICKET on DIRECTV - 855-856-4388. So basically $300 for Sunday Ticket + $100/mo. or whatever DirecTV costs and then you can stream it.

EZ.
I've posted it before, but it's really pretty easy to get DirecTV to give you Sunday ticket for free by threatening to leave. It's like their #1 ploy when you call to cancel.