NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that this is the political thread, but don't they have more important shit they could be doing? Drives me fucking crazy that Congress gets involved with anything sports related. The thing with MLB and steroids was fucking pathetic.

And Sutekh, where do you draw the line (assuming people are actually offended by Redskins)? Yankees, Fighting Irish, Chiefs, Braves, Cowboys, Buccanneers. I mean shit, if someone might be offended by it, we may as well just name the teams solely based on the city.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
m7QhPao.png

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's wrong with a national organization using a racial slur as their moniker? Quite a bit actually.

How come the NBA made Donald Sterling get rid of his team just because he hates American Inventors? The American Inventors can just be offended, sticks and stones and stuff!

Disp_sl

shitlord
Were you championing the Redskins name change a decade ago Sutekh? Were these politicians?

Why isn't the Fighting Irish, a negative stereotype for a race, considered derogatory to you?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Were you championing the Redskins name change a decade ago Sutekh? Were these politicians?

Why isn't the Fighting Irish, a negative stereotype for a race, considered derogatory to you?
Just because I refute your dumbass opinion doesn't mean I'm a champion for a cause, I was absolutely aware of how fucked the name was a decade ago. That's the kind of thing that happens when you grow up 10 minutes from a reservation and have Native American friends.

Why would the Fighting Irish be a negative stereotype? The logo, I could see reasoning behind it, but the name doesn't insinuate anything.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I don't know. Maybe around the same time Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Italians, and every other race became one?

Why would the Fighting Irish be a negative stereotype? The logo, I could see reasoning behind it, but the name doesn't insinuate anything.
Because why Fighting "Irish"? It's a stereotype of Irish people.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
What side do you guys fall on w/ the renaming?

I personally think they should be renamed. Just call them the Warriors or something

Washington Warriors
I personally do not give a fuck. Just leave them as they are. I'm as liberal as they come to a lot of shit, but this PC whining is getting really old.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Wow, Yankee. What a slur. I'd hate to be referred to as someone who won the civil war and helped rescue this country from Southern fuckin' moron retardation. Please change it, posthaste. So that I can root for my beloved team guilt free.

Redskin is a blatantly racist term. I know Redskin fans like to think they have this noble history, and that the name shouldn't be changed for this reason. Guess what, you don't. You're not in the upper tier of the NFL, and for the last 20 years you've embarrassed yourself repeatedly. Change the name and move on. It's a stupid fuckin' name anyway.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have any of you actually sat down for a meal with an legit Indian?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have any of you actually sat down for a meal with an legit Indian?
Like from India?

If you mean Native American, yeah I have.

But I guess I have had gone out to dinner with an Indian coworker before, there's a bunch of them in the computer repair business in my area.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
See you would reply Native American, but what exactly would that make you look like.