NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So are we gonna do this thing, big boy? Has there even been an avatar bet this year? This would be easier if I hated Cinci, but I want them to win this year.

I'd happily wear a Cinci Avatar, and you wouldn't probably mind a Chiefs one, so we've got to come up with something equally distasteful.
Sure. Why not?

Bengals are guaranteed to lose now.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Watching that game last night.... man it sure would be nice to have an O line that gave me 5 seconds to pass every time. Not belittling Rodgers as he is a really, really good QB... but damn. I'd like to think if Luck had that time he wouldn't be on course for a 32 INT season.
Its risky to blitz a QB like Rodgers. He is experienced enough to see it, mobile enough to avoid it and can definitely make any throw to the hole in your coverage. DLines also have to worry about keeping contain on him. He just rolls of out middle pressure and murders you with the long ball. Rodgers would make the Colts Oline look better because their job becomes so much easier.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Though I admit I kinda enjoy the thought that Luck will carry that worthless sack of shit Pagano to the playoffs again and save his job and pretty much guarantee the colts never win a championship.
I'll take Pagano back as a DC any time, thanks. Though he'll probably get another HC gig after Indy.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
nailed it. and not to make this about Brady, but this is something detractors argue. "Where's difficulty, he just dinks and dunks?"

It's not difficult because he's making it not difficult before the ball is even in his hands.
I hate Brady and Belicheat but their game plan is fairly flawless and I am amazed at how long it took the rest of the NFL to catch up. They consistently call high percentage plays that are extremely difficult to defend. All the slants, button hooks and outs are timing patterns that defenders have to "jump the route" to have a chance at defending. Make them 5 yards or so and the completion percentage goes way up. I'm kind of shocked that the West Coast offense took 1 season to catch on but the high percentage short offense has taken years.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This a 1000 times! Rams are always hurting people. I think it's because their defense is always so pissed off at their offense, they have to take it out on somebody. We should just forfeit and keep everyone healthy.
Plus going full Bernard Pollard on guys after you hit the turf helps in this regard.

Motherfuckers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Its risky to blitz a QB like Rodgers. He is experienced enough to see it, mobile enough to avoid it and can definitely make any throw to the hole in your coverage. DLines also have to worry about keeping contain on him. He just rolls of out middle pressure and murders you with the long ball. Rodgers would make the Colts Oline look better because their job becomes so much easier.
One of the few, not just speaking head announcer crap, things I've ever heard gruden say was this past Monday night, watch Rodgers feet, they never stop moving. He is a thing a bueaty like Montana was.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I will watch almost any Packers game just to watch Rodgers. He is ridiculous. It's a cliche to say that the game just moves slower for him than everyone else, but that's what it looks like.

Then I have beers and cry for a while about how the 49ers could have drafted him and that was where he wanted to go.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not surprised you didn't draft Rodgers when you are doing shit like trade Smith for Kaeperfail.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the few, not just speaking head announcer crap, things I've ever heard gruden say was this past Monday night, watch Rodgers feet, they never stop moving. He is a thing a bueaty like Montana was.
Gruden is a goldmine. Dude knows football.

Spider 2 Y Banana.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't try and re-write history where everyone knew Rodgers was going to be this sure-thing pick. There is a reason he slid down the draft board.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't try and re-write history where everyone knew Rodgers was going to be this sure-thing pick. There is a reason he slid down the draft board.
Pretty much every scouting report on Rodgers was that he was a good solid QB but had holes in his game that could only be fixed via good coaching, which is exactly what happened.

Sitting for 2 seasons behind a hall of fame QB with good coaching resulted in him being able to develop into a good QB.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not surprised you didn't draft Rodgers when you are doing shit like trade Smith for Kaeperfail.
Alex Smith is in his 11th season and his playoff record is 1-3. Kaepernick is in his 4th season (3rd as a starter) and his playoff record is 4-2. I know you guys think that this troll is hilarious, but really there are a lot of other jokes you could come up with about the 49ers. Try harder.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm a little surprised the Lions are 0-3. Honestly they should have beaten San Diego in Week 1 but they imploded. I figured it was a toss up with them and the Vikes in Week 2 as well considering how bad Minnesota looked in Week 1, but they remembered they had Adrian Peterson.
I'm not surprised at all. No one I know that was a packer or bear fan during the season where they had a two game lead was the least bit concerned about them then, and now that Donkey Kong is in Miami you don't even have to worry about them trying to injure people (as much). Stafford has gotten progressively worse and what little there was that was good about their defense has been traded away or is hurt. Frankly, the one common thread you can find in every Lions game and season is them imploding down the stretch. I knew they were going to be bad coming in this season, but now I wonder if they are actually worse than the Bears or not. Guess we will see how bad Seattle beats them up in this week's scrimmage for comparison.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man, when my boss, who is the douchiest Packers fan you'll ever meet (which is difficult, I know), said that the Packers would have less losses than the 49ers have wins, all I could do was laugh hysterically. Now, all I can do is cry..

Tenks

Pretty much every scouting report on Rodgers was that he was a good solid QB but had holes in his game that could only be fixed via good coaching, which is exactly what happened.

Sitting for 2 seasons behind a hall of fame QB with good coaching resulted in him being able to develop into a good QB.
It also didn't help that the past few Cal quarterbacks which were highly regarded busted out in the NFL. Which was possibly an unfair mark against Rodgers but was still a negative chalked up to him.

Although I did think Alex Smith wasn't going to be a very good NFL QB. He's actually exceeding what expectations I had of him albiet with a different team.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Alex Smith is in his 11th season and his playoff record is 1-3. Kaepernick is in his 4th season (3rd as a starter) and his playoff record is 4-2. I know you guys think that this troll is hilarious, but really there are a lot of other jokes you could come up with about the 49ers. Try harder.
A good team carried a shit QB to some playoff wins. Never saw this before.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Back when Favre was still here and we had both Flynn and Rogers on the roster, there was actually a lot of debate on who should be the #2 guy. Rodgers was Teddy (the GM) Thomson's pick and he had a track record of getting some real stinkers who he made McFatty start (hi2u Jarred Bush) no matter what. The concern at the time was that Rodgers had something of a rep for having a glass jaw and that was when we were slowly gutting our line to get Favre to give up. The knock on Flynn was that he sucked in practice but turned it on at game time, which is something coaches hate and probably the main reason Rodgers got the nod, aside from being Teddy's guy. I was pulling for Flynn at the time, since he was more of a gunslinger, but its obvious now that Rodgers has the more long term talent and benefited greatly from the things Sutekh pointed out. Of course we would have been in decent shape with Flynn, considering he still holds or shares three of the all time Packer passing records in the few brief appearances he made here. I am not in the least bit surprised that a lot of teams passed on him, though, since most teams are just looking for a guy they can draft and immediately toss into the fire.

Tenks

Kaep's playoff wins also came early in his career when his style of QB was vogue until it seemingly has fallen very much out of favor

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Another thing with Rodgers too, while he definitely was a high prospect going into that draft, Miami passed on him to take the consensus #1 guy (Ronnie Brown) and after that there wasn't a ton of teams looking for QBs. It's similar to what happened with Shareef Floyd two years ago. He was a shoe in to go to Oakland at 3, but then they traded and he just naturally slid. It wasn't some crime against humanity in either of these cases.