NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I wanted Arians last time and we got Chip. I'm really interested in Gase this time. He did a decent job with Cutler this year considering all the injuries they dealt with on Offense and Bradford would fit his type of system well.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Browns blow it up yet again. Not that they really had a choice they had some idiots leading that franchise.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I wanted Arians last time and we got Chip. I'm really interested in Gase this time. He did a decent job with Cutler this year considering all the injuries they dealt with on Offense and Bradford would fit his type of system well.
Supposedly Shanny is into SF and Phillly as well, if he makes it out of his Phins visit.

Tenks

Pettine had to go. He didn't seem to have control of the team and he took a decently talented team and made them worse. Farmer just seemed completely incompetent at the GM position as well but that could easily be because he was the owner's puppet.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Pettine was doomed when Haslem decided Farmer had to go. It's rare a coach survives a GM change.

I bet they hire Kelly and give him full control.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Supposedly Shanny is into SF and Phillly as well, if he makes it out of his Phins visit.
His second interview in Miami is tuesday. Dude wanted to draft RT17 instead of RG3.

Miami has two great backs to run his typical offensive scheme he just needs to find guards somewhere.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get the job in Miami honestly.

Also if shanny is living in Miami he doesn't need to get a fake ass tan he can just go to the beach.

Tenks

Pettine was doomed when Haslem decided Farmer had to go. It's rare a coach survives a GM change.

I bet they hire Kelly and give him full control.
I could only imagine the Kelly + Manziel media circus.

But in reality the Browns will probably have to go to their 10th pick and they'll hire the KC Chiefs wide receivers coach as their new head

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see its time for that biannual tradition of "Pray a QB you like doesn't get drafted by the Browns"

Tenks

The only QBs I like are the ones playing for my team. College allegiance dies on draft day.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only QBs I like are the ones playing for my team. College allegiance dies on draft day.
Fuck that - you better believe I watched McNabb at the Eagles for many years and now am rooting for Nassib to do well at the Giants.

The only real Syracuse vet I hate is Chandler Jones and I really don't even hate him, just wish he played somewhere else.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the 49ers don't go after Chip Kelly. I don't see how that would work at all, since Baalke and Harbaugh couldn't get along either. Yeah, let's bring in another strong headed coach and see how well that goes!

It would be interesting to see if they can get Sean Payton I guess.

moontayle

Golden Squire
His second interview in Miami is tuesday. Dude wanted to draft RT17 instead of RG3.

Miami has two great backs to run his typical offensive scheme he just needs to find guards somewhere.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get the job in Miami honestly.

Also if shanny is living in Miami he doesn't need to get a fake ass tan he can just go to the beach.
Shanny ran afoul of ownership. It's funny, everything but the RG3 pick has turned out fairly solid and were all key components of their success this year. It took extremely shit play from RG3 to force Snyder to give up the ghost on that dream and let Gruden do what he needed to do. Similar to Parcells' run with Jerry it was the regime afterward that saw the fruits of that rebuild see success.

Can we just fast forward to April? I'm not convinced any of the teams from the AFC have it in them to beat Carolina or Arizona.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
RE: Bellicheat-
It wouldn't be the first time he manipulated the injury report to get an advantage.

I expected another shit show from the Packer Offense and that's exactly what I got. I really hope a complete fucking meltdown happens in DC next week so that a serious push to get rid of McFatass happens, before we squander Rodgers prime the same way we did Favre's. At least with a serviceable D and a top tier QB we could lure a decent coach who actually makes adjustments. We are so fucking predictable that the Vike DBs were running our receiver routes for us. This is definitely the worst team in the playoffs and arguably the worst ten win team to exist in recent memory. I think the coaching brainfart on the NFC Championship is the exact moment that McCarthy lost the entire fucking team. We have not been the same since, at least on offense.

Anyhow, playoff wise, I don't think Seattle is as scary as they are being made out to be, but Arians holding back in that game will bite AZ in the ass. And getting ass rammed by the Dolphins in week 17 with seeding stakes on the line is decidedly not very Patriot* like, but I feel like every other AFC team is even less consistent. Here is my prediction, based on what I observed the last couple weeks:

Seattle > Vikings
Washington > GB
Carolina > Seattle
AZ > Washington
Carolina > AZ

Steelers > Bungles
Texans > KC
Patriots* > Texans
Broncos > Steelers
Patriots* > Broncos

Panthers > Patriots*

Out of all that, I am the most skeptical about next week's NFC matchups, as I think those games may be the closest calls of the playoffs (Packers O might decide to show up, Vikings might remember they have a running game). I feel fairly confident that the Broncos will lose to the Pats, no matter who is under center. In fact, I think the only team that has a serious chance of knocking them off (prior to the SB) is Pittsburg, if KC gets past the Texans.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Chargers are the only team this year not to win even one division game. #ChargersExcellence.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyhow, playoff wise, I don't think Seattle is as scary as they are being made out to be, but Arians holding back in that game will bite AZ in the ass.
I think you're underrating Seattle's chances, they seem like the most dangerous wild card in the playoffs. Coming in hot, playing solid ball in all phases. I guess you could say that about KC in the AFC too but its really hard to put faith in Smith and especially in an Andy Reid coached team not to blow it bad at some point. Seattle and Carroll have been there before and should know how to go win games, assuming they can do so on the road of course. That's the real rub, can they advance without the 12th man advantage.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Seattle and KC look the most dangerous. I don't think the Panthers are as good as their easy schedule has shown. That being said they always play Seattle pretty hard. The Bronco's cannot play like they did yesterday with the playoff teams and expect to win. The Chargers are a hot mess.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arizona seems like the biggest paper tiger to me. The Broncos are probably going to need their A game on D unless Manning starts putting up HoF performances again unexpectedly. Really though, playing at home, in Denver in the winter, with a run game that has at least seemed passable at times, and a potentially elite level D...you can certainly win playoff games without insane passing numbers.