NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ryan Fitzpatrick really fucking said he'd rather sit and not play this upcoming season because the Jets current contract offer isnt to his liking. They reportedly offered 8 million a year.....and his agent is saying he wants TWICE that.

Now I know this is just negotiations and hes trying to leverage his position, but even so, saying something like that is idiotic. It makes him look like a greedy, selfish faggot. The guy is a journeyman QB, one who threw 4 picks in the most important game of his teams season, which the lost and missed out on the playoffs as a result. I know the current state of QB play in the league is at an all time low right now, but still him demanding 16 million dollars or he is going home is PREPOSTEROUS. If Fitzpatrick is worth 16 million a year, then Aaron Rodgers is worth 60 million a year.

I mean, Kirk Cousins is gonna make what, 18 million or whatever this year? So its not out of the realm of possibility, but Fitzpatrick is fucking terrible AND injury prone. If I were the Jets id tell him to get fucked, save a bunch of money, and draft a QB in 2nd round or take your chances with Smith one more time. But their ownership is inept and feckless so I bet they do cave and pay him what he wants just to go 9-7 and watch him throw 18 picks.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I may be the only one, but I just don't see the QBs of this draft being all that great (don't think any will be starters in a few years). Seems to be a very mediocre QB class, but a very heavy defensive class.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, but they were talking about how he's related to Al Capone and he didn't bring any of his kids and/or wear a belly shirt. So yeah.