NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
The Browns are gonna go all in on Darnold or Rosen next year. Have two 1s and three 2s in 2018 to make a big trade to move up if needed.

I fucking hated Peppers in college but can't complain about getting some athletic freaks at DE, SS, TE, and an extra 1st round pick out of tonight. Really wanted Hooker at 12 though. Hoping for a FS or CB at 52 tomorrow.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lol, Browns dodged a bullet not moving up and drafting. Tank that shit up for Darnold next year. Rosen is super-talented but dude is an absolute uncoachable shithead.

Not in love with the Charlton pick for Dallas, but can't really go wrong with adding depth. Seems like a decently safe pick, although he really lacks twitch. Should have no issue finding a couple CBs though tomorrow with how deep this draft is.

49ers killed it, and Raiders got a good pick in Conley. Tampa Bay pairing Howard with Evans & Jackson is going to be insane. Cook & Mixon are gonna be steals tomorrow.

edit: Four players from DFW went Top 10, bow down.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Charlton seems like a nice safe pick there, you aren't getting a Bosa at 28 and has a high ceiling. The quality of pass rusher vs the quality of DB's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds really dictated they go DE. It's entirely possible that by the end of the 3rd round their draft will be Charlton, Tankersly, Tabor and if they added Shelton Gibson or Xavier Woods in the 4th I'd be over the moon excited.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, Browns dodged a bullet not moving up and drafting. Tank that shit up for Darnold next year. Rosen is super-talented but dude is an absolute uncoachable shithead.

Not in love with the Charlton pick for Dallas, but can't really go wrong with adding depth. Seems like a decently safe pick, although he really lacks twitch. Should have no issue finding a couple CBs though tomorrow with how deep this draft is.

49ers killed it, and Raiders got a good pick in Conley. Tampa Bay pairing Howard with Evans & Jackson is going to be insane. Cook & Mixon are gonna be steals tomorrow.

edit: Four players from DFW went Top 10, bow down.

No love for Skins nabbing Allen at 17? Just kidding man. I pretty much agree with everything you said here. If Winston doesn't put up monster numbers this year, I don't know what to say. He's loaded with receiving talent around him now.

Seriously wondering if Cook/Mixon keep falling if Skins should move up from 49 to try to grab one. Wouldn't mind a safety or ILB, though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I hate Bob McNair and Rick Smith sooooo much.

I'm fucking triggered man.

Sister in law lost her shit, I've spent the whole off season telling her there isn't a QB in the draft worth it this year, after telling her for years they need to draft a QB. Because I picked Dak in the 4th last year in my mock and said with a few years under Romo and behind that line Dak could develop into a good QB, which was just wishful thinking and then he blew up she has an over inflated opinion of my opinions. I've literally spent a few hours talking her down from the ledge in text this morning. My favorite text from her was "next year we have to sit around like assholes with our dicks in our hands like patriot fans this year waiting to take our first pick in the 3rd round because Rick Smith decided to send all our picks to the Browns to make up for his Osweiler fuck up".

Watson will be the best QB in the draft, he's also going to the best situation by far. He has good weapons in Hopkins, Fuller, Miller. The defense is amazing, bulk up that Oline and Watson could thrive. I think Watson will end up being a good QB, sometimes where you end up has a big part of how a player ends up. I wouldn't have the same optimism for Watson if the Browns, Jets or Bills had drafted him. Watson has no excuses, he couldn't have went to a better situation.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Same could be said for Osweiler though, fair to say I wouldn't trust their QB evaluations. I see it going either way, he certainly ended up on a team that is ready made for success though.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Sister in law lost her shit, I've spent the whole off season telling her there isn't a QB in the draft worth it this year, after telling her for years they need to draft a QB. Because I picked Dak in the 4th last year in my mock and said with a few years under Romo and behind that line Dak could develop into a good QB, which was just wishful thinking and then he blew up she has an over inflated opinion of my opinions. I've literally spent a few hours talking her down from the ledge in text this morning. My favorite text from her was "next year we have to sit around like assholes with our dicks in our hands like patriot fans this year waiting to take our first pick in the 3rd round because Rick Smith decided to send all our picks to the Browns to make up for his Osweiler fuck up".

Watson will be the best QB in the draft, he's also going to the best situation by far. He has good weapons in Hopkins, Fuller, Miller. The defense is amazing, bulk up that Oline and Watson could thrive. I think Watson will end up being a good QB, sometimes where you end up has a big part of how a player ends up. I wouldn't have the same optimism for Watson if the Browns, Jets or Bills had drafted him. Watson has no excuses, he couldn't have went to a better situation.
There is no offensive line here. All 5 positions are broken, inept, or old. Watson is going to get killed and he will be wasted much like David Carr was.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This is all great points, Watson definitely is set up to succeed. I'm not sure how good he'll be in the NFL, but honestly the Texans don't need much just competent play. He has weapons there as you note, and that defense will be unreal. That division as a whole should be getting better (save for the Colts, who I see falling off from the rest of the pack now that they've had to pay Luck).

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
There is no offensive line here. All 5 positions are broken, inept, or old. Watson is going to get killed and he will be wasted much like David Carr was.

Dan Feeney, Pat Elflein, Ethan Pocic ( will be the best available in round 2 when Texans pick imo and can play guard or center) Dorian Johnston and Isaac Asiata all in play for rounds 2 and 3.

Write off a good OT, that's not happening but there is some interior linemen to be had tonight, time to protect that investment.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
NFL draft snap reactions: Inside Alabama first-round slide

Well, this may be why Foster fell so far. Hope the 49ers really did the homework they claimed to have done on him.

At least one team’s medical staff felt Foster needs another surgery to fix the torn rotator cuff in one of his shoulders or else he’ll be playing through pain. An executive for another team said the shoulder issue is “problematic, and the way he plays, how long can he hold up?”

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
NFL draft snap reactions: Inside Alabama first-round slide

Well, this may be why Foster fell so far. Hope the 49ers really did the homework they claimed to have done on him.
giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I am pretty confident the Bears will pick a quarterback pretty early in the draft and then have Tampa Bay's back-up and Butt Fumble show him the correct way to play the game...
I am still catching up on the thread, but what the hell? I thought I was being sarcastic a week or two back...