NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Mack and Donald deals are pretty crazy. And as good as those players have been, especially Donald, it's amazing to compare their best seasons against JJ Watts'. Watt blows them away. Really hoping he returns to somewhere close to his former self.

On a side note, Raiders will need those picks... they just released Martavis Bryant after spending a third to trade for him. Haha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Mack and Donald deals are pretty crazy. And as good as those players have been, especially Donald, it's amazing to compare their best seasons against JJ Watts'. Watt blows them away. Really hoping he returns to somewhere close to his former self.

On a side note, Raiders will need those picks... they just released Martavis Bryant after spending a third to trade for him. Haha.

I'm not sure Watt blows Donald away. Donald isn't going to have as many sack totals as JJ in the interior like that. He's also ridiculous against the run. I agree I'd take Donald's deal for the player over Mack's, for sure. Especially knowing all the picks Bears gave up to get him. Watt's prime years were insane though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Remember when we said no defensive player would reach Donald money for awhile...

Source: Bears trade for Mack, reach record deal

That's honestly dumb as fuck. As bad as the Cutler trade looked in 2009, they may have just eclipsed it. I'm not saying he isn't elite but Aaron Donald is a force of nature and probably had his best year in 2017. 2017 was a down year for Mack. Honestly, I thought Bosa played better as well and while Bosa will also eventually get paid, Mack just isn't worth all that. Oh well, maybe he breaks Rodgers and the deal pays for itself.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And it's confirmed. McKinnon out for the season with an ACL tear.

That's a pretty big blow to the 49ers offense. They don't have a ton of RB talent. Hopefully Alfred Morris still has a bit in the tank.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's honestly dumb as fuck. As bad as the Cutler trade looked in 2009, they may have just eclipsed it. I'm not saying he isn't elite but Aaron Donald is a force of nature and probably had his best year in 2017. 2017 was a down year for Mack. Honestly, I thought Bosa played better as well and while Bosa will also eventually get paid, Mack just isn't worth all that. Oh well, maybe he breaks Rodgers and the deal pays for itself.
Chargers were a top 10 defense last year of which Bosa was a large part. Top 10 defense and offense and missed the playoffs. The Charger way.

• 4Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Cowgirls cut Baily. I pray to football Jesus the Chargers sign him.

Merrith

Chargers were a top 10 defense last year of which Bosa was a large part. Top 10 defense and offense and missed the playoffs. The Charger way.

Because you're kicking game would have been bottom 3rd in the NCAA

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Because you're kicking game would have been bottom 3rd in the NCAA
Yeah it was horrendous and cost us the playoffs. That's why I hope we get Dan Baily. Because even though we cut Aguayo the other guy sucks too.

• 1Like

Merrith

Yeah it was horrendous and cost us the playoffs. That's why I hope we get Dan Baily. Because even though we cut Aguayo the other guy sucks too.

I mean, we know the Chargers will start 2-3, but finish up 8-3 over their last 11 games.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Patriots 1260 points 4 hours ago
[during sex]
Aaron Rodgers: I want you to hurt me
her: Bears traded for Kahlil Mack
Rodgers: wait
her: you’re gonna have to deal with him for 6 years straight
Rodgers: stop

Packers 977 points 4 hours ago
her​

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jerrick McKinnon out for year with torn ACL.

Fuck football.

edit: Actually, this just gives Garopollo more opportunity to shine as they will have to throw more.

That and Alfred Morris could end up being one of those dark horse fantasy guys who vulture touchdowns with a few 170 yard rushing games sprinkled in.

All of this is wishful thinking and this situation blows. It's weird too how they brought in Morris right before he got hurt. I know he tweaked something in a preseason game, then they signed him, but jesus what a terrible development. The 49ers have been getting raped by injury bug ever since Bowman blew out his whole knee making that interception in championship game.

The NFL is a cruel, cruel mistress. But look at the Eagles, a forlorn franchise used to perennial loss, a morbid fanbase, and never won anything. Wentz raises them up to a playoff contender, goes down to an ACL and all of the sudden Foles has to step in and the media dismisses them. Then they beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. Injuries are weird, either way this is sad news for Niner fans.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, the Chargers finally decided to bring Gates back. Hopefully they can give him a non disappointing final season.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Kaepernick face of Nike's 30th 'Just Do It' ad

Few sports things make me happier than watching RG3 get another chance doing what he loves while Kaep sits at home doing what he really loves. Both will end up being washed up blips on the radar but one still gets to play the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Kaep is the Zoe Quinn of football. Has done jack shit and somehow wrangled a career out of sitting at home.

• 3Like