NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder what will happen with Mack now. Not sure the Raiders will be pumping out that much cash for him.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think 20+ million a year for a non QB is lunacy but clearly the league disagrees.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For comparison, Geno Atkins signed a four year $65.3m extension just a few days ago. Due $25.5m in the first year.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats crazy. Notice these teams are not winning anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The only time something like that works is when you have a good QB on his rookie contract. After that it's hard to pay a non QB big dollars, pay your QB and maintain depth on your roster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I guess they got a 6th as well as Teddy, but yeah a 3rd seems a lot to give up for a guy to sit behind Brees.

Jets doing a pretty good job though getting Darnold at 3, and now moving Teddy and just a 6th to get back a 3rd. They basically signed him, showcased him, and were able to get a nice asset out of it.

How much longer will Brees play? IF this guys knee is ok, they gave up a 3rd for what looked like a franchise QB.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
How much longer will Brees play? IF this guys knee is ok, they gave up a 3rd for what looked like a franchise QB.

It's like I said earlier, they traded for a QB that's on a contract year and like you said he's a potential franchise qb that will want franchise qb money next year. Brees just signed a 2 year deal, so it'll be atleast 3 years before a new QB is needed barring injuries.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And let's not get carried away calling Teddy a potential franchise QB... come on. I don't know what about his two seasons in Minnesota would make anyone think that (or taking the preseason with anything but a grain of salt).

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Calm down guys, Goff isn't due for a couple more years and thus why so much of AD's contract is front loaded with guarantees.

I can't believe Im saying this but it looks like a well made deal. The money involved is ridiculous but it's all front loaded, as you mention. Even his 2023 year is a somewhat manageable 19 mill. I look at the incompetence of Miami's deal with Suh and find it well done. He's not worth it, no defensive player is, but he won. No other defensive player will meet that sum in a long time...maybe ever.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
And let's not get carried away calling Teddy a potential franchise QB... come on. I don't know what about his two seasons in Minnesota would make anyone think that (or taking the preseason with anything but a grain of salt).

He looked good man. Aaaaand everyone else except the top 5 suck?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He looked good man. Aaaaand everyone else except the top 5 suck?

It just depends how we mean "franchise QB". I'd say Teddy looked like someone who can be an Okay starter, maybe above average when playing well. I wouldn't term that a franchise QB, but if we're just saying 1 of 32 starters, sure, he has that potential.

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hard to hate on that Rams contract.

Allows the team to spend deeply into their current salary while allowing flexibility and lower cap numbers in future years when Goff will be getting paid. The Rams will keep arguably the premium defensive player for six additional years and were able to structure his contract in a way that maintains the team's ability to build into the future. It's a high price tag but one they have the luxury of being able to afford; this doesn't cripple the team at all.

Only issue is I'd expect Darnold to want to renew his deal early (with more money in those later years) rather than play it out. It's an issue for 4 years down the line.

Sterling

El Presidente
Presumably but they wont keep all this talent more than a couple years and windows close quickly.
Sure, there's so much turnover in the NFL, but they have a good QB on his rookie contract so they can afford to make a run. They'll have to pay him eventually but right now he's getting shit.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
and such is life in the NFL, you just hope you get a QB and Coach that can go through retools. Rams defense going to win us games this year. You can't let a hall of fame talent 1st Rams defensive player of the year walk in his prime. I'm geeked, hopefully guys stay healthy. That's what wrecked the Seachickens.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shrug, we'll see, historically teams who spend this kind of money on DTs go into the shitter and take years to recover. Better fucking pray all the oxygen bars, energy stones, and other retarded LA shit keep AD prime and healthy the next few years.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Dont hate bro, I'll take a couple years of potential great teams over the shit show I've become accustomed to. I don't even want to discuss health thank you very much! Not all of us get to root for a team that seems to be good most of the time.

There is enough talent around for the next 2 years I feel good about our chances and I'm going to try and enjoy the shit out of it while I can.

• 1Like