NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tomlin needs to be fired. Its to bad the Steelers never do that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tomlin needs to be fired. Its to bad the Steelers never do that.

He's over stayed his welcome. Lets be real, his greatest success came off the success of Cower putting together a hella team. He's a good coach. Not great. Time to move on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Steelers need to keep spiraling out of control. Bengals win the division with a 9-7 record.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Don’t break my quarterback! From now on tackling will be reduced to hugging.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If that's "correctly officiated" on the Matthews hit...I don't know what football is anymore. Fucking joke.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Now all they need is to catch some refs making money off these calls and the NFL is done. Goodell has to be actively trying to ruin the NFL. No one is this stupid.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Hall of Famers demanding life time insurance and 300k a year pension. Their approach is not going to garner them sympathy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jovec

?
Hall of Famers demanding life time insurance and 300k a year pension. Their approach is not going to garner them sympathy.

I enjoy football and do not begrudge the players of any sport making however much they can, but it is hard for me to care about their financial troubles, the vast majority of which are self-inflicted.

Sometimes shit is just the way it is. I am sure there are a whole bunch of construction workers and others who worked physical jobs and are now suffering the effects of it later in life. Jobs with mostly no insurance or retirement and with much lower pay. I know that salaries have greatly increased overall in pro sports the past 20-30 years, but even back then comparatively pros could earn enough to be set for life with a sound financial plan (aka the 1 house, 1 car, 1 wife, 1 kid plan). The counter-points are obviously that the science (of CTE in particular) wasn't well understood in the past, that the teams did not have the players health in mind with respect to playing injured and talking pain medications, and simply the nature of the sport.

I would consider something like this if I was in charge of the NFL simply for the goodwill, but maybe $50k/yr at most and for all players who played enough. $300k/yr is enough to live very, very well even if they blew all of their earnings on blow (i.e. no personal responsibility). $50k is enough to pay the rent and eat. I would tie it to mandatory retirement and healthcare deductions from all player salaries like the rest of us have to pay. I am sure the NFL would much rather do a one-time payout that have anything ongoing though. They could simply change the revenue split from 100% to 98%, with the remaining 2% set aside to cover the cost of this. Then each side is effectively giving up 1% to help the past generation of players. And if either side doesn't agree just smear them in the media as being greedy assholes.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
What they should have done is asked for health insurance for all and a livable salary to those that meet certain requirements. In exchange they agree not to sue and all contract language for new players is the same way.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You know what really pisses me off? FUCKING FINALLY THE RAMS DONT SUCK ANYMORE AND ARE ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS AND THE FUCKING LEAGUE IS PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED FUCKING NOW!?!!

FUCK

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You know what really pisses me off? FUCKING FINALLY THE RAMS DONT SUCK ANYMORE AND ARE ON THE VERGE OF GREATNESS AND THE FUCKING LEAGUE IS PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED FUCKING NOW!?!!

FUCK

iu

• 2Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The rams might have the greatest defense of all time.

I was wrong about Peters and their unit as a whole. Once Donald got signed, they havent looked back. They havent allowed a touchdown in 6 straight quarters.