NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also I blame black lives matter and Keapernick Karma for Jimmy's knee injury.

Wasnt Kap just in Africa recently? He probably spent a night with a bowl lipped shaman in some Wakandan hut and had him craft a voodoo doll of Garoppolo

First the Nike money, then the sweet vengeance on the white man who usurped his position and is probably friends with a few cops.

I'm partial to the Jed York theory myself, but anything is posibaaaaaaaaaaale.

• 4Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Redskins #2 defense in both yards and scoring...although we looked very good smashing the Raiders Week 3 last year, too. We'll see how long the health lasts. But our new D line is looking kind of how we hoped it would. I don't expect us to stay anywhere near #2 in the league on D, but if we can even end up top half of the league for it, we'll at least play respectable .500 ball. Until the WR's start showing up more consistently though it's hard to imagine us really making any noise in the East with Philly.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Fins' Hayes tears ACL trying to avoid sack flag

Fuck this rule 10 more times.

If the penalty is the same for landing on a QB as it is for hitting them in the head or legs, why not just go for whatever you can get at this point?

Hey, if you hit them high or low it doesn't matter, you'll get a flag but you might also rattle the QB a little bit and cause him to make a mistake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Just change it to “in the grasp”. As soon as you have hands firmly on the QB he is down.

This whole pussification of football sucks.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Third game and another defensive start goes on IR for Atlanta. At this rate we will be fielding a pop warner team.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Also I blame black lives matter and Keapernick Karma for Jimmy's knee injury.

Wasnt Kap just in Africa recently? He probably spent a night with a bowl lipped shaman in some Wakandan hut and had him craft a voodoo doll of Garoppolo

First the Nike money, then the sweet vengeance on the white man who usurped his position and is probably friends with a few cops.

I'm partial to the Jed York theory myself, but anything is posibaaaaaaaaaaale.

Deep ended...wow.

Jozu

I dont take meds and havent been to a doctor, and im very emotional/passionate about the 49ers ever since I was 6 years old.

I used to cry and break shit and get punished for breaking shit and throwing fits when Brett Favre was raping them post 1994. Then Young got one too many "stingers" and retired, ever since then its been Jeff Garcia, has beens (did you guys know Ken Dorsey started at QB for the Niners at one point in the last 15 years?) and outright laughable failures at the QB position. (I still remember the name "Tim Rattay" and it makes me angry)

SInce 94' Ive salivated for that ultimate success only to be denied by Joe Flacco and deer antler spray (fuck you Ray Lewis), I watched that purple and white confetti fall on his Bert like head as he told Suzy Kolber he is going to Disney World with the enthusiasm of a 32 year old millionaire man.

Then Kap took a knee, Harbaugh and Baalke had a spat and York decided to take Baalke's side and run Harbaugh out, only to end up firing Baalke too to bring in Shanahan who is a decent offensive mind but is burdened with 4 years of terrible draft choices and a dearth of talent.

Now Garoppolo is out for the year, as well as McKinnon. Thats like 60 million dollars of wasted money for the 2018-19 season. It is just fucking really depressing man. I guess I do suffer a couple mental health issues, I would agree Im a bit manic, maybe a little bi-polar, and probably have a touch of that tism. Maybe it was low oxygen intake at birth that stunted my brains development? Or that im half dindu? I dont know, Im just torn between trying to still be involved with the NFL or just saying fuck it all.

But when the 49ers came back to beat the favored Falcons to go to the big dance in 2012 that was one of the happiest moments of my life. I live for that shit, and I want to keep faith as I am a real supporter, but fuck its hard man.

edit : and haha Brahma i am just being silly and fucking around but you have to wonder if the 49ers are the victims of karma after treating Kap the way they did and now his profile with Nike etc.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If anything, the Garoppolo injury is quite funny with how the league has protected there little pretty babies this year. If the league keeps this stance all year, I hope every single QB goes out on a similarly stupid injury for the year.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Well thats why I mentioned karma and shit because its not like he got Tom Brady'd, where a defender subamrined his legs and took him out.

Garoppolo is one of the most conservative running QB's in the NFL. He does move outside the pocket, but he almost NEVER looks to run. EVER.

I believe he only had 4 carries last year for neg 1 yard or some shit. So I dont know if the coaching staff was encouraging him to take off if the play breaks down, but he very rarely runs to pick up first downs etc. When he got injured, he didnt get hit. He was facing 4 Chiefs defenders who were ready to fucking blast him near the sideline, but instead of going out of bounds like a smart player, he isnt used to being in those situations so he decided to like do a half juke like he was going to turn back up-field, and he blew his ACL.

He should of just took the smart yards like Russel Wilson would have done and promptly got out of bounds and took the first down. SO it was almost like a bad luck situation mixed withhis inexperience taking off with the football and knowing how to slide or get out of bounds.

RGIII's career ended the same way essentially. He never could figure out how to properly slide after a run so he would take an awkward hit or crumple down in distorted ways due to bad form and his career was ruined because of it. After being devastated last night I watched some old glory day videos from when the 49ers were good. and one thing I noticed was Steve Young was crazy and would refuse to slide in certain situations, which probably cut his career short as well, but 8 times out of 10 after picking up rushing yards he would fucking slide. And he did it in a very efficient way, where he nullified the big hit and simply frustrated the defense with his legs.

Garoppolo might of just RG3'd himself out of a career.

Jozu

and you gotta admit losing McKinnon AND Jimmy G to basically the same injury, non contact, the same year, so early in the campaign, is awfully unfortunate. They lost 60 + million dollars due to that, and their season. If thats not bad juju and the dark arts combining to fuck them out of any form of success, then I dont know, maybe they are just conveniently cursed or just have a bad strength and conditioning coach.

*shrug*

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Jozu Jozu there's so many of us that have had shitty teams for a long time. There's no curse; you just need to have patience.

It's going to take a few years of good personnel management to overcome bad talent acquisition. Take the victories where you can and just brace for a sub .500 season. They happen. 3 years to turnover a roster and get the type of team a coach wants.

As for Garappolo, yeah the injury sucks, but he will be back. Ryan Tannehill went down in week 11 two years ago, and we still made it to a Wildcard at 10-6. Expectations were really high then last season (insert "This is Ryan Tannehill's breakout year!" meme), then he re-injured himself in training camp last year and we had The Cutler (very entertaining on its own, 6-10 seasons suck but that was as enjoyable as a 6-10 season could get).

The only thing that concerns me about your team is that I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan is the answer at coach, but it'll be another couple of seasons if that is the case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Yea. Im fucking gutted.

I want to check out, but im not being a pussy. Fuck it. Kap got us to a Superbowl and he turned out to be a cuck muppet in the end, so you know what, hopefully we get another high draft pick, actually hit on a good one and build our defense.

Look at the Eagles. When Wentz went down people laughed and said they were done. Make no mistake the 49ers are done, as Beathard might be the worse signal caller in the history of professional as well as semi pro ball, but point is, anything can happen. The Pats just got spanked by the Lions for fuck sake and Josh Allen beat a Minnesota team who people were saying is Super Bowl level.

The fucking Rams could win it all this year, its just business as usual I guess.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jozu Jozu there's so many of us that have had shitty teams for a long time. There's no curse; you just need to have patience.

It's going to take a few years of good personnel management to overcome bad talent acquisition. Take the victories where you can and just brace for a sub .500 season. They happen. 3 years to turnover a roster and get the type of team a coach wants.

As for Garappolo, yeah the injury sucks, but he will be back. Ryan Tannehill went down in week 11 two years ago, and we still made it to a Wildcard at 10-6. Expectations were really high then last season (insert "This is Ryan Tannehill's breakout year!" meme), then he re-injured himself in training camp last year and we had The Cutler (very entertaining on its own, 6-10 seasons suck but that was as enjoyable as a 6-10 season could get).

The only thing that concerns me about your team is that I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan is the answer at coach, but it'll be another couple of seasons if that is the case.

This right here. Soon as Brady retires it's over for AT LEAST 20 years. Green Bay and ironically San Fran are the only two teams I can think of that had good/great teams pretty fast after their star QB retired. Both times they had fantastic backups. Indy should have been the third.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Yea. Im fucking gutted.

I want to check out, but im not being a pussy. Fuck it. Kap got us to a Superbowl and he turned out to be a cuck muppet in the end, so you know what, hopefully we get another high draft pick, actually hit on a good one and build our defense.

Look at the Eagles. When Wentz went down people laughed and said they were done. Make no mistake the 49ers are done, as Beathard might be the worse signal caller in the history of professional as well as semi pro ball, but point is, anything can happen. The Pats just got spanked by the Lions for fuck sake and Josh Allen beat a Minnesota team who people were saying is Super Bowl level.

The fucking Rams could win it all this year, its just business as usual I guess.

I know it's early, but how do you feel about Shanahan? How Beathard and the rest of team performs, win or lose at this point, could probably tell you a lot about if Shanahan is the right coach or he was selected because of his name.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the bright side (for Niner fans anyway) it was apparently just the ACL, not both the ACL and the MCL.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
This right here. Soon as Brady retires it's over for AT LEAST 20 years. Green Bay and ironically San Fran are the only two teams I can think of that had good/great teams pretty fast after their star QB retired. Both times they had fantastic backups. Indy should have been the third.

I don't think so. Kraft is a smart owner, and he'll do what it takes to keep the team competitive after Belichick and Brady are gone. A lot of it also has to do with how the rest of the division pans out. I think Miami has found their answer at head coach in Gase. I think Todd Bowles for the Jets is out after this year, and I'm not sure the Jets ownership will make the right move afterwards. Buffalo is likely gonna Buffalo. I know McDaniels is going to get his chance, and you could certainly do worse.

I'm of the mind that any team looking for a coach for the future needs to take a chance on an up-and-comer. No more nepotism, retreads, or second chances for coordinators that have flamed out in head coaching gigs before. You aren't going to find someone like McVay or Doug Pederson if you go out and hire a known quantity (who's not likely to change).