NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't blame either side in this, but chump teams overpay RBs, especially ones that will get suspended multiple games on any given season for smoking pot. Ever see the Patriots pay a RB?

James Harrison is my favorite person.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dont blame Bell at all for trying to get as much money as he can. If I were him I would be playing this year for the 14million then signing somewhere for the most money I can get guaranteed.

That being said if I was the Steelers I would be trading him right now. Failing that I would let him walk next year.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The Franchise tag needs to be completely reworked from its current form.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think it should only be usable one-time and only for first round draft picks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or football can do what every other sport does and just have fully guaranteed contracts.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
NBA doesn't mandate guaranteed contracts. KG started the trend what, almost two decades ago, and now basically every contract is fully guaranteed but only because that's what players want and what teams have to offer.

NFL seems to be moving in that direction for bigger stars (Antonio Brown, Kirk Cousins, etc.) but it's going to be slow to catch on and at the end of the day the NFL is a meat grinder. Guaranteed contracts mean more security but also less money available to productive players. Especially for guys signing for the 30th-53rd roster spots it's a tall order because teams are hosting tryouts for those spots every Tuesday.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Contracts in the NFL and NBA are not the same. NBA has what 10 players on a team? NFL is 53. If they want guaranteed contracts they will probably have to give up some money. Who knows though I could see it for QBs.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The NFL also makes more money than those leagues. You can have fully guaranteed contracts and a hard salary cap. There are injury exemptions and amnesty clauses in other leagues for this reason.

Hosix

All labs matter!
The NFL also makes more money than those leagues. You can have fully guaranteed contracts and a hard salary cap. There are injury exemptions and amnesty clauses in other leagues for this reason.

The NBA fucked itself with guaranteed contracts. Carlos Boozer to the bulls? They were stuck with him. They used that amnesty clause but you only get to use it every couple of years. Sign big contract. Then suck. The Carlos boozer way.

Guarantee the signing bonus and that’s it. If you don’t perform you don’t get paid. Teams should be allowed to cut you if you are under performing without having to pay you for years.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking ahead I won't be surprised if the 2021 season doesn't happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont even care at this point. Fuck the NFL.

I will be a 49er for life, but the league as a whole is going in the wrong direction and has been for some years now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I still look forward to every game and I'm more into the Bengals than any of my other teams, but the cracks in my fandom are really starting to show. The roughing the passer calls are the latest shockwave. It's just fucking stupid.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hope we don't shit the bed tonight and no one on either team gets injured.

Saw some guy on reddit say his gf of four years broke up with him but fuck it he's got the Rams game and beer. I thought to myself, "Drinking, on a weekday?!?"