NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like Graham isn't nearly the dominant force he was in NOLA. Don't think he's the greatest TE to use as an elite metric.
You said he was irrelevant then changed your post.

Regardless of your backtracking, he still led all TEs in touchdowns. I put Gronk there since well, hes the best to ever play the position and its not like he is light years ahead of him either. That number is also going to have a higher catch rate for the bigger plodding TEs like our very own Jesse James who doesn't run routes nearly as deep (and thus, higher percentage throws). McDonald is a weapon and there are not a lot of TEs with his combination of size and speed. We can revisit this at the end of the year to see how it plays out but withstanding injury hes going to be one of the top few TEs in the league even with missing a couple games.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, let's use a metric with a low count and high variability from season to season rather than his pretty mediocre yards, receptions, and yards per catch -- which were all career lows outside his rookie year. And just for you, his catch percentage was career low too.
Are you a 49ers fan?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Makes sense, you probably compare to Kelce which he is not.

That said, now that Haley is gone who never utilized a TE we shall see. I'll bet you right now if he stays healthy VMac will finish top 5 for TE this year in pretty much every meaningful statistic.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And Gronks was 66 and Jimmy Graham was 59%......

/whooptyfuckingdooda

Retarded metric is retarded

Going to guess both of them see "slightly" more quality coverage or actual scheming to stop them (in Gronk's case) than Vance McDonald. For the record, I'm not saying catchable targets is some end all be all metric, although it should be noted that the year in question was literally the only year Graham was below 60%, and only 2nd time he was below 63%.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steelers win one game and Genjiro is back to six SB yinz annoyance level.

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
why is Booger allowed on tv? Affirmative action?

In case there's another muzzie terrorist attack...

is.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Makes sense, you probably compare to Kelce which he is not.

That said, now that Haley is gone who never utilized a TE we shall see. I'll bet you right now if he stays healthy VMac will finish top 5 for TE this year in pretty much every meaningful statistic.

I don't compare him to Kelce. I just think you're way too high on him, based on his previous career metrics and the handful of games I've seen him in before.

Like you said, we shall see.

For what it's worth, it seems at times like he has the talent to be at least a top third tight end, but that it doesn't always come together.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would be fine with 2 female announcers if they had 2 that didn't suck. So far the one lady that has done announcing is terrible, and all I can hear in my head right now is that x2

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would be okay with one female one male, but doubling up on women is eh. And a good way for Amazon to shoot themselves in the foot with regards to streaming numbers...

It's just another option, you can still chose the regular guys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'd love to hear from any Patriots fans how they feel about the team and the game next week against Miami. I'm cautiously optimistic, so super early preview of mine:

New England looks more vulnerable than they ever have, and Miami finally has a coach and the talent to pull a upset. While there is no doubt NE has struggles that they normally correct, this year they are showing their deficiencies in multiple areas, many of these due to injuries to key personnel.

Patriots Advantages: Coaching, QB, Tight End, Home Field
Miami Advantages: Defensive Line, Defensive Secondary, Wide Receivers, Running Backs.

Where both are good: They are well coached with creative schemes to create mismatches. The better coaching for the Patriots gives them an edge, but that is balanced out by better overall talent on Miami's side.

Where both are bad: Linebackers. Ugh.

Matchups to watch:

- Miami's WR corps vs. NE's secondary: If you haven't watched Miami's offense play this season, the best way to describe them is Diet Kansas City Chiefs. They are a slightly slower, less talented version the Chiefs. However, the WR corps is stacked with speed: Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, and Kenny Stills are all faster than anyone the Patriots have healthy and playing Sunday.

- Patriots Receiving corps vs. Miami's Secondary: Gronk is going to get doubled. If Josh Gordon is playing, that will be a great boon for NE. However, Miami has Pro Bowler Reshad Jones back at Safety (shoulder), Alabama Rookie and 1st round draft pick Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Xavien Howard at CB (2 INT's). TJ McDonald and Bobby McCain round out the secondary. Miami's defense is ranked 2nd in takeaways, with 8 this year.

- The running game (both teams): James White and Sony Michel, or Kenyan Drake and the immortal Frank Gore? I expect James White to get more snaps this week in order to cause as many mismatches as possible. Ryan Tannehill was the leading rusher last week against the Raiders with 26 freaking yards.

Score Prediction, Season Prediction: Miami 37, New England 34. Make no mistake: New England has too many injured players coming back a week too late, but they will scheme enough to start scoring points, especially at home. There is too much talent disparity on the current (by current I mean healthy) rosters for even Belichick to outcoach. NE will fall to 1-3, and Miami will go to 4-0.

New England will still be favorites to win the division as many of their players will return in Week 5 vs. the Colts. As the season goes on, Sony Michel will get better (he missed most of preseason due to injury), and Josh Gordon will make an impact if they're lucky. I expect them to beat the Colts, Steelers, Vikings, Packers, Bills x 2, Jets x 2, Tennessee, and either Chicago or Miami to finish 11-5. 10-6 and 12-4 are also possible, with 10-6 being much more likely.

Miami is "making hay while the sun is shining." They are beating teams they should beat, but the schedule gets tougher starting with NE. Miami also has a horrible weakness: Depth. Only the D-line was deep, but William Hayes is now out for the season, and De Andre Branch is out for a few weeks with a knee injury. Injuries are going to happen to every team, and I hate to say Miami will stumble a bit down the stretch as the casualties grow. Losses to Cincinatti, Houston, Jacksonville, Chicago, Jets or Bills (We are gonna screw up 1, maybe 2 of these 3 remaining games), and probably NE will give Miami an opportunity to compete for a wildcard spot with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. 11-5 is the ceiling unless Miami gets very, VERY lucky with injuries.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'd love to hear from any Patriots fans how they feel about the team and the game next week against Miami. I'm cautiously optimistic, so super early preview of mine:

New England looks more vulnerable than they ever have, and Miami finally has a coach and the talent to pull a upset. While there is no doubt NE has struggles that they normally correct, this year they are showing their deficiencies in multiple areas, many of these due to injuries to key personnel.

Patriots Advantages: Coaching, QB, Tight End, Home Field
Miami Advantages: Defensive Line, Defensive Secondary, Wide Receivers, Running Backs.

Where both are good: They are well coached with creative schemes to create mismatches. The better coaching for the Patriots gives them an edge, but that is balanced out by better overall talent on Miami's side.

Where both are bad: Linebackers. Ugh.

Matchups to watch:

- Miami's WR corps vs. NE's secondary: If you haven't watched Miami's offense play this season, the best way to describe them is Diet Kansas City Chiefs. They are a slightly slower, less talented version the Chiefs. However, the WR corps is stacked with speed: Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, and Kenny Stills are all faster than anyone the Patriots have healthy and playing Sunday.

- Patriots Receiving corps vs. Miami's Secondary: Gronk is going to get doubled. If Josh Gordon is playing, that will be a great boon for NE. However, Miami has Pro Bowler Reshad Jones back at Safety (shoulder), Alabama Rookie and 1st round draft pick Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Xavien Howard at CB (2 INT's). TJ McDonald and Bobby McCain round out the secondary. Miami's defense is ranked 2nd in takeaways, with 8 this year.

- The running game (both teams): James White and Sony Michel, or Kenyan Drake and the immortal Frank Gore? I expect James White to get more snaps this week in order to cause as many mismatches as possible. Ryan Tannehill was the leading rusher last week against the Raiders with 26 freaking yards.

Score Prediction, Season Prediction: Miami 37, New England 34. Make no mistake: New England has too many injured players coming back a week too late, but they will scheme enough to start scoring points, especially at home. There is too much talent disparity on the current (by current I mean healthy) rosters for even Belichick to outcoach. NE will fall to 1-3, and Miami will go to 4-0.

New England will still be favorites to win the division as many of their players will return in Week 5 vs. the Colts. As the season goes on, Sony Michel will get better (he missed most of preseason due to injury), and Josh Gordon will make an impact if they're lucky. I expect them to beat the Colts, Steelers, Vikings, Packers, Bills x 2, Jets x 2, Tennessee, and either Chicago or Miami to finish 11-5. 10-6 and 12-4 are also possible, with 10-6 being much more likely.

Miami is "making hay while the sun is shining." They are beating teams they should beat, but the schedule gets tougher starting with NE. Miami also has a horrible weakness: Depth. Only the D-line was deep, but William Hayes is now out for the season, and De Andre Branch is out for a few weeks with a knee injury. Injuries are going to happen to every team, and I hate to say Miami will stumble a bit down the stretch as the casualties grow. Losses to Cincinatti, Houston, Jacksonville, Chicago, Jets or Bills (We are gonna screw up 1, maybe 2 of these 3 remaining games), and probably NE will give Miami an opportunity to compete for a wildcard spot with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. 11-5 is the ceiling unless Miami gets very, VERY lucky with injuries.

Pats win.

• 2Mic Drop

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Steelers win one game and Genjiro is back to six SB yinz annoyance level.

I'm waiting until if/when they gain the division lead. Until then I'm a lifelong Redskins fan checking in.

Every year I want to be a lifelong Chargers fan because I love Rivers but they never let me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm waiting until if/when they gain the division lead. Until then I'm a lifelong Redskins fan checking in.

Every year I want to be a lifelong Chargers fan because I love Rivers but they never let me.
They dont want us either but Marmalard is to awesome to not cheer for.

• 1Like