NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus you are like that one friend we all have that when you show how wrong they are, they keep arguing and digging themselves deeper.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Giants Defense allowed an average of 17 points per game that year. The Patriots offense did not hit that number.

Cybsled

According to ESPN's Ian O'Connor, Brady once told an NFL coach how he feels Rodgers would do if given the "Patriots' offensive scheme and institutional knowledge on opposing defenses."

"He'd throw for 7,000 yards every year," Brady reportedly told the NFL coach. "He's so much more talented than me."

Brady has made it no secret he really respects and admires Rodgers. He has mentioned in interviews that he frequently will watch Green Bay games.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Giants Defense allowed an average of 17 points per game that year. The Patriots offense did not hit that number.

Yeah, I think it's worth noting that the Giants defense was very good that year and improved as the year went on. The one thing the Giants did best was Brady's and the Patriot's biggest weakness -- the four man pass rush. It's not like they were playing 2018 Chiefs/Raiders defense.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I blame the entire Cowboys and Jaguars organizations for this.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not so much "blaming" their D just noting if we're propping them up for carrying them (not so much you making that statement, mostly Genj) to titles, we can certainly point out another chance for them to win one in which they failed to do so. It's not silly to describe it as "when they needed it", else no one would keep track of 4th Quarter or OT comeback wins by QB's, etc. Saying they had 2 turnover on downs/2 punts wasn't 'when they needed it"...because obviously they scored later to take the lead. 29 seconds and 2 timeouts to gain 40+ yards is within the realm of possibility, but nowhere near enough time to comfortably expect it unless penalty aided.

Your argument comes down to the offense scored one a particular drive and the defense didnt stop a score on another particular drive.

If you have to break it down to such a narrow view for the argument to hold up, then it's not a very good argument.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least you'll be the first to stand at the draft next year.
I don't watch much college football. My understanding is the QBs coming out of the draft aren't very good. Looks like we might be skipping a QB again!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

How is this dude not just kicked out of the league at this point? Dude is Romanowski 2.0.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wish he wasn't so good. Bengals defense is vastly better with him playing. But he's a real trash human being.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus you are like that one friend we all have that when you show how wrong they are, they keep arguing and digging themselves deeper.

Fuck outta here with this shit. To be wrong you'd actually have to prove one of your "points"...that he either got carried by his D for a bunch of Super Bowls, and that he's in no way potentially a choice equal to or over Montana for that 1 game winning drive.

When the guy has literally done that with a tying or go ahead scoring drive in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter or OT in 5 of his 8 Super Bowls (and this ignores that he basically did 2 of them in the comeback against Atlanta at end of regulation and in OT), and 2 other times he's had the ball but the clock basically ran out forcing a Hail Mary attempt.

You want to see a guy who actually got carried by his defense in Super Bowls for his rings, look no further than Ben.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Your argument comes down to the offense scored one a particular drive and the defense didnt stop a score on another particular drive.

If you have to break it down to such a narrow view for the argument to hold up, then it's not a very good argument.

This might be true, if I wasn't just using the end of that game as a small example towards the larger point of him being "carried" by his defense in Super Bowls.

2001: Game winning drive (after defense allowed a 17-3 lead in 4th quarter to end up a 17-17 tie with 1:30 to go)
2003: Game winning drive (to go with 354 yards passing and 3 TD's, after D blew leads of 21-10 and 29-22 in the 4th quarter)
2004: Turned 14-14 tie going into the 4th into a 10 point, 24-14 lead before D allowed Eagles to within 3 (but fortunately Mcnabb is Mcnabb)
2007: Go ahead TD drive with under 3 minutes left (we know what happened next)
2011: Had 8 point 2nd half lead that slowly got chipped away, the Welker drop, etc
2014: Overcomes 24-14 deficit in the 4th quarter leading 2 straight TD drives with under 8 minutes to go. Marshawn Lynch still wonders what would have happened if they ran it.
2016: 28-3.
2017: Throws for 505 yards and 3 TD's, defense allows 41 points.

Again, this isn't to say the D didn't contribute at all in any of these games, but I'm just not seeing this whole "he got carried by his defense to a bunch of Super Bowl wins" narrative coming through in the details.

It's not like I even like the guy, and frankly I think a lot of the bs roughing the passer shit goes straight back to his whining to the refs anytime he would get touched by a defender...but last 2 years I just had to accept the fact that he's the Goat. His career has been too good.

Merrith

Guys, stop. You are all dumbfucks, we get it. Point taken.

Fair enough. We can all agree if Tony Romo had been the QB in all those situations his team would win every SB 60-0.

• 1Salty

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck Merrith just went full Cathan. Good to see him still here in spirit.

And using your retard circular logic doesn't that mean Ben > Brady because Ben actually won the SB on his drive when they were behind???

Lol @ your Caps avatar. Man, what a shit ass sports town.

Oh man, when Florio is saying this shit (who hates the Steelers) you know it must be bad lol.

Vontaze Burfict needs to go, for good

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Merrith

Genj I feel like you just remembered I was DC sports fan and not some Pats/Brady nut hugger. Don't hate Ovechkin hoisting the Cup. He earned it.

Since Brady beat Seattle and Falcons in SB coming from behind wouldn't that still give him the edge over Ben? I'll absolutely grant that was Ben's best TD pass in his 2 Super Bowl wins...

Burfict does need to go, honestly he makes Suh look like a model citizen with all the shit he's pulled.