NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Come on, be fair there. Even a top QB needs someone to throw to.

Obviously only one game, but top QBs make it work. It's not like Rodgers has had the most star-studded receiving corp over his years. That offense was straight sad last night. David Johnson was the most productive piece.

And I wouldn't call his receivers nobodies. Cooks fell off last year but was a perennial 1,000 yard season guy before. Kenny Stills had moments in NOLA and Miami. Cobb would be a decent #2 WR on a number of teams.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
For whatever reason, Watson holds the ball forever and doesn't know what to do when his first read isn't open. Their o line was a turnstile on passing downs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Obviously only one game, but top QBs make it work. It's not like Rodgers has had the most star-studded receiving corp over his years. That offense was straight sad last night. David Johnson was the most productive piece.

And I wouldn't call his receivers nobodies. Cooks fell off last year but was a perennial 1,000 yard season guy before. Kenny Stills had moments in NOLA and Miami. Cobb would be a decent #2 WR on a number of teams.

Rodgers? Nelson, Cook, Cobb, Driver, Finley etc. He's had some duds too but he's had talent. Dude has always/mostly had a true talent or two to pass to. This year, not a single one of Watson's receivers would start on KC. KC might be a high bar I admit, but this receiving corps is pretty bad/mediocre. Watson did stink it up, but I don't blame him I blame their shitty ass GM/Coach.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
For whatever reason, Watson holds the ball forever and doesn't know what to do when his first read isn't open. Their o line was a turnstile on passing downs.

I don't get HOW they don't have a dump off option for him. Because like you said he holds the ball too long waiting for shit that just won't develop, or he's not sure of.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dude. Rodgers? Nelson, Cook, Cobb, Driver, Finley etc. He's had some duds too but he's had talent. Dude has always/mostly had a true talent or two to pass to. This year, not a single one of Watson's receivers would start on KC. KC might be a high bar I admit, but this receiving corps is pretty bad/mediocre. Watson did stink it up, but I don't blame him I blame their shitty ass GM/Coach.

Cobb is on Houston now haha.

• 2Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That's been my take all off season - seeing TB as 3rd/4th/5th favorites to win the Super Bowl is hysterical to me. Brady is done, cooked, dead in the water done. NE will be better than TB this season /skipbaylessout

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brady is done, cooked, dead in the water done. NE will be better than TB this season /skipbaylessout

tenor.gif

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We have seen Watson make big throws under pressure. He clearly can do it. O'brien has to go. Your franchise is Watson. Need someone that can make him shine.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i am curious about both the bucs and patriots, mostly the patriots, but brady has been "my" quarterback for so long...........

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can honestly see the Bucs making the playoffs this year. It's a very talented team that was badly held back by Squinston, and I suspect a lot of Brady's unimpressive performance last year can be chalked up to the lack of receiving targets. I mean they were so desperate they even took a chance with the trainwreck known as Antonio Brown and I 100% believe that was a desperation signing.

If Brady has another mediocre year we'll know he's done, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the NFC south and maybe even get a first round win.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Might be a bit harder to take that knee now

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can honestly see the Bucs making the playoffs this year. It's a very talented team that was badly held back by Squinston, and I suspect a lot of Brady's unimpressive performance last year can be chalked up to the lack of receiving targets. I mean they were so desperate they even took a chance with the trainwreck known as Antonio Brown and I 100% believe that was a desperation signing.

If Brady has another mediocre year we'll know he's done, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the NFC south and maybe even get a first round win.

Honestly Squinston kept them in a bunch of games earlier in the year when their defense played like shit. 30 picks is god awful, but 1st in passing yards and 2nd in passing TD's. Quietly their defense got a lot better over the last 5 or 6 games if I recall.

Also...kicking problems.

Fadaar

That guy
Honestly Squinston kept them in a bunch of games earlier in the year when their defense played like shit. 30 picks is god awful, but 1st in passing yards and 2nd in passing TD's. Quietly their defense got a lot better over the last 5 or 6 games if I recall.

Also...kicking problems.

I know it doesn't mean much but in fantasy they were like #5 or 6 last year. Don't forget they had the worst opposing starting field position of any defense in the league AND played the most series.

edit: 2019 NFL DEFENSIVE DRIVE STATS | Football Outsiders

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How is this even a discussion. Brady may be old but he is a fuck ton better than Winston.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like