NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah this is why it is generally bad to throw your rookie QB out there. Because they are almost always behind a terrible OL, and it just sets them up for failure in the future. If they start their NFL career being ass pounded every other snap, how will they ever gain confidence. All that said, Burrow looks legit. I honestly hope the Bengals can put a bit more protection around him.

I think they should have kept Dalton and rolled him out there this year for this reason. But Burrow seems to be handling it well. Doesn't seem like he's seeing ghosts (yet) and scrambling when he doesn't need to.

Not re-signing Whitworth was a terrible long-term move.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Yeah this is why it is generally bad to throw your rookie QB out there. Because they are almost always behind a terrible OL, and it just sets them up for failure in the future. If they start their NFL career being ass pounded every other snap, how will they ever gain confidence. All that said, Burrow looks legit. I honestly hope the Bengals can put a bit more protection around him.

I fucking hate this rule. What was the thought process on changing it? Did they really see it as a danger?

Some good numbers here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the link, but unless I am missing something it doesn't explain why they changed the original rule of being able to stack one side for an onside kick.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they should have kept Dalton and rolled him out there this year for this reason. But Burrow seems to be handling it well. Doesn't seem like he's seeing ghosts (yet) and scrambling when he doesn't need to.

Not re-signing Whitworth was a terrible long-term move.

Luckily for Burrow, you aren't allowed to hit the QB nearly as much. He still took some big shots last night, but some of that is one him holding the ball for times that were acceptable in college, not pro.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers need a new str and conditioning staff and a new training staff all together.

The amount of fucking injuries they have suffered over the last 3 years has been incredible. Look at last year, Im not even going to highlight every injury, if you follow football at all you know it was bad. The year before last, Garopollo tears his ACL and is lost for the season, which basically defined that entire campaign. Last year was last year, with all of the losses of starters on defense, not to mention all of the nagging injuries by guys who were still playing. (plus guys on IR who never got right, McKinnon, Hurd, Taylor, Varrett etc).

Now this year you got Aiyuk hurt, Samuel, Hurd never recovered, now Kittle and Richard Sherman WTF. The guys already on IR are most likely not coming back (Varrett, Hurd) Starting center is out. Dee Ford hasnt been right ever since hes been here. When does the "injury bug" stop biting? What other team in the NFL has suffered more injuries than the 49ers over the last 3 years? I bet none.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I get what you are saying, but some of it can't be helped. Dee Ford wasn't healthy before the 49ers traded for him, I think he had 1 healthy season. They took a risk they probably shouldn't have. The Kittle injury, well that is on Jimmy G. His knee got bent backwards due to a total shit throw. Varrett has been injured essentially his entire career, so anyone counting on him to play (read the 49ers) are dumb and setting themselves up for disappointment. Hurd similarly had injury issues in college, and the 49ers again decided to take a chance.

I'm not saying the 49ers training staff isn't doing things wrong, I really don't know. But most of these guys have an injury history already.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Joy.
No Kittle, Sherman, Deebo. I mean at least it's against the Jets?

Start Mostert in fantasy despite the Jets being low key sneaky good against RB's...or go with that sweet Carolina match up for Ronald Jones?

Jozu

Mostert is really the only dependable 49er fantasy wise besides Kittle. He will get his basically every game. He hasn't disappointed since becoming the bona-fide starter.

And yea the 49ers have taken too many chances on players with injury history, but I dont know why they would even take that chance as they weren't able to rehab those players back to their former selves. This goes back to the days of Baalke.

49ers selected so many acl projects over the last 6 years. They have enough problems staying healthy, gambling on guys like that has hurt them tremendously.

If they lose to Jets its a lost season.

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mostert is really the only dependable 49er fantasy wise besides Kittle. He will get his basically every game. He hasn't disappointed since becoming the bona-fide starter.

And yea the 49ers have taken too many chances on players with injury history, but I dont know why they would even take that chance as they weren't able to rehab those players back to their former selves. This goes back to the days of Baalke.

49ers selected so many acl projects over the last 6 years. They have enough problems staying healthy, gambling on guys like that has hurt them tremendously.

If they lose to Jets its a lost season.
Yes, after two games, they'll probably go 0-16.

Until Jimmy G has a great game and you're ready to say he has that all time great feel about him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

lol.

You guys are probably right, I get so emotional over this fucking 49er team. I do like Jimmy G, he has the talent to be a great QB imo, he wins games and has shown he can get it done (out dueled Brees in new Orleans in a pivotal game) but has also shown he can be trash tier. High ceiling, low floor I guess.

But cmon if they lose to Jets that is embarassing.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
lol.

You guys are probably right, I get so emotional over this fucking 49er team. I do like Jimmy G, he has the talent to be a great QB imo, he wins games and has shown he can get it done (out dueled Brees in new Orleans in a pivotal game) but has also shown he can be trash tier. High ceiling, low floor I guess.

But cmon if they lose to Jets that is embarassing.
Glad you can see that you really get too emotional.

You are actually pretty close on Jimmy G. At this point I no longer think he can be great, but probably could be above average more often than not. He has shown he can absolutely play, and actually led the NFL (tied maybe) in game winning drives last year. So it isn't like he is total trash, but I don't think they can rely on him 100% of the time, which is what you need for your QB to be great.

And yes, if the 49ers lose to the Jets tomorrow, there are serious issue to take a look at. Even without Kittle, Sherman, & Deebo they absolutely should be able to handle the Jets.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be surprised if the 49ers don't move on from him this offseason. Bust of a trade and signing

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy. I was just re-watching the Chargers-Chiefs game from 2018 where he wrecked shit.
Yup, the 49ers traded and signed him based off of that one year. Every year leading up to it he was either injured or under performing. Sucks.

Jozu

When he played last year, and wasnt hobbled, he was a dynamic force. With him and Bosa on the field together they had an astronomical QB hurry percentage, I believe it was something retarded like 70+%. When that defense was firing on all cylinders and guys were healthy, you had a truly great defense, one of the best pass defenses over the last decade, to go along with a incredible D line.

You had;

Sherman (All Pro) and Moseley/Williams at the corners, (Witherspoon was wet trash for most of the season)
Fred Warner (All Pro) Dee Ford Dre Greenlaw Kwon Alexander at linebacker
Bosa (1st rd pick) Buckner (1st rd pick) Armstead (1st rd pick) Thomas (1st rd pick) on d line

Just an incredible group of talent. Too bad they dealt with a ton of injuries and still are to this day. Basically the same group this year minus Buck but they havent looked good at all recently.

• 1Worf