NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My question is, why would you jump on STAFFORD so aggressively. Not that he's bad but that's a king's ransom. For that price they should have been able to convince Houston to give Watson the trade he wanted.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit. Detroit made out like bandits to get that much.

They now have 30mm cap hits for Jared Goff for 4 years....

Pre-June 1 trade​

2021 dead cap: $22.2 million
2021 cap savings: $12.425 million

Post-June 1 trade​

2021 dead cap: $6.8 million
2022 dead cap: $15.4 million
2021 cap savings: $27.825 million

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Pre-June 1 trade​

Post-June 1 trade​

Yeah, but for all the shit we talk about Goff, he's at least a starting caliber guy. They can let him tread water for them while they get ready to find their next guy, or maybe even trade him for another pick. Two 1sts and a 3rd plus a serviceable starting QB? Wtf.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, but for all the shit we talk about Goff, he's at least a starting caliber guy. They can let him tread water for them while they get ready to find their next guy, or maybe even trade him for another pick. Two 1sts and a 3rd plus a serviceable starting QB? Wtf.

Seriously, why wouldn't you chase Watson if you're offering this much? I mean I've always been one to defend Stafford and say he's been plagued with a shitty team, but Christ almighty he's not THAT much of an improvement over Goof.

Yeah Stafford was gonna have offers but nobody was going to be racing to pick him up. The speed of this trade in addition to the amount offered just seems insane.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Seriously, why wouldn't you chase Watson if you're offering this much? I mean I've always been one to defend Stafford and say he's been plagued with a shitty team, but Christ almighty he's not THAT much of an improvement over Goof.

Yeah Stafford was gonna have offers but nobody was going to be racing to pick him up. The speed of this trade in addition to the amount offered just seems insane.

I did see some NFL exec claim the Stafford deal would be done before the Super Bowl...so someone knew what was up. Thank goodness the Football Team wasn't in this hard on Stafford. I know Watson will probably cost three 1sts plus, but I agree with you, if you're going this hard for Stafford, why not go for Watson and really go all in??

Merrith

Just read Rams won't have a 1st round pick from 2017 through 2023 after this deal.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Pre-June 1 trade​

Post-June 1 trade​

Lions only have to pay Goffs salary as signing bonuses are paid by the team that sighed the original contract. Same with Stafford though, as the Lions accelerate his signing bonuses to this year as well. So it’s actually going to end up saving both teams money when you run the numbers

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Rams soured on Goff hardcore as it seems far more about getting rid of Goff than getting Stafford, he's like a happy bonus for ditching Goff

• 1Like

Merrith

Rams soured on Goff hardcore as it seems far more about getting rid of Goff than getting Stafford, he's like a happy bonus for doing it

I think McVay thinks with better QB he can win a Super Bowl in the next year or two. They have the defense, they have good skill position guys. But clock is ticking with so few picks to reload.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This move is amazing for Detroit, they're only on the hook for like 46 mil over 2 years or something?

Even easier to move on while you rebuild or he works out something.

Meanwhile, Rams had the #1 D last year and Goff has led the league in turnovers and regressed hard.

I'm not bullish on Stafford but I guess that doesn't matter. Hope it works out.

• 1Like

Merrith

This move is amazing for Detroit, they're only on the hook for like 46 mil over 2 years or something?

Even easier to move on while you rebuild or he works out something.

Meanwhile, Rams had the #1 D last year and Goff has led the league in turnovers and regressed hard.

I'm not bullish on Stafford but I guess that doesn't matter. Hope it works out.

It feels as all in on the next year or two as anyone can be.